Switched to Unsupported Branch, Now System Seems Stuck On It

Hi All,

Learning experience here so please pardon my flubs. I was hoping to get my hands on Kodi 21 (long story short, another system of mine auto updated, not on Manjaro, now I have two different SQL backends that’s not ideal). Anyways, used these instructions Switching Branches - Manjaro to switch branch. After switching, I found out that I can’t just upgrade Kodi (lots of depencies), decided at this point to switch back to the Stable branch. Unfortunately, it appears like I still have a cache or something of the other branch because I have 552 updates and they don’t appear to be the Stable branch updates.

When I switched back to stable I did this:

sudo pacman-mirrors --api --set-branch stable
sudo pacman-mirrors --fasttrack 5 && sudo pacman -Syu 

Is there something else I have to do to make sure I’m running stable only? I haven’t actually done any upgrades, I just see the long list. Thanks!

Please go back and read the text in the post you linked to till the end.
… “Questions”

1 Like

Thank you. You’d think 20 years of Linux would teach me to reach until the end . . .

I still have over 500 updates…maybe there was just a roll into stable (crossing fingers).

1 Like

There was. Yesterday, I think. It depends on when you switched to unstable whether there are now also a lot of updates when going back to stable.

sudo pacman -Syuu
will downgrade to the now newest versions which might not have been there when you went from stable up to unstable.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.