Switch from Mint-cinnamon to Manjaro-cinnamon - what to expect?

Who knows, maybe I will, maybe I will donate my entire project to Manjaro.

That’s what you should do! :+1:

Do I get a free beer?

“Do I get a free beer?”

(sigh)
Edit: OK…

EOT from me anyway, good luck.

That was meant to be an ice breaker, now that we have assaulted each other, we can be friends. :slight_smile:

Welcome from another Mint to Manjaro Cinnamon switcher! I found Manjaro to be noticeably faster than Mint on both my desktop and laptop. I also like the rolling release. It works well, as long as you don’t get too creative with odd ball modifications.

1 Like

I have a spare HDD lying around, I will put it in a laptop, install Manjaro and give it a good spin. No doubt I will have more questions, but I will start new topics when ready.
I will close this topic and mark it as ‘Solved’ Thanks all for your comment/advice. :smiley:

1 Like

I started off with Mint 18 cinn. edition . Then I found Manjaro Cinn. and I never went back . Manjaro is faster and just as stable as Mint , and allows better support for newer hardware .
Downside of Manjaro is steeper learning curve , and being a rolling distro things are more likely to break , not a lot but sometimes .
I just went thru a update not too long ago that involved trying to upgrade the kernel and NVIDIA drivers , it refused to upgrade , found out I had to uninstall the graphic driver , then upgrade , then reinstall the graphic drivers with out rebooting .
The package manager in manjaro is way better
As far as apps , basically what is in Mint is available in Manjaro

1 Like

Yes, I still have a Mint snapshot (19.3 Tricia) from May 2020. After that a Manjaro Cinnamon, then Manjaro KDE - wow, and got stuck on KDE because it suddenly became AWESOME after loving Cinnamon to get away from the Gnome-KDE madness of the past.

Don’t skip a KDE trial.

I find with Manjaro, my WiFi is also more powerful…

2 Likes