Suspend Resume of Macbook Pro 6,1 2010

Two Issues when using the newest USB iso to install KDE edition.

Resume from Suspend does not work.
First, edit the /etc/default/grub, and add init_on_alloc=0 in the line of GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT

This fixes the issue. Can something be added to the installer to detect this model and apply this fix?

The driver that runs from the Manjaro ISO does not connect to WPA2 access points. It does SEE them though but on entering a password will not connect.

I can confirm installing the proprietary driver from a working internet connection does work though. Can a working driver be included in the ISO for this model?

I do understand the complexity of implementing fixes and do appreciate all the hard work on keeping Manjaro up-to-date. I figure this isn’t a priority but wanted to give you guys a heads up just in case.

I’m not aware of a way to do that.

What driver?

The Network Controller is the BCM43224 802.11a/b/g/n Broadcom. By default through the ISO it looks like its using the brcmsmac kernal driver which is correct. It does see the interface but times out after inserting the password. Looks like its being denied association code=31. It does connect through the network-broadcom-wl driver though. But you see the issue with this is to install that driver you have to already be… connected to the internet.

The kernel contains two built-in open-source drivers: brcmfmac for native FullMAC and brcmsmac for mac80211-based SoftMAC. They should be automatically loaded when booting.

Note:

• brcmfmac supports newer chipsets, and supports AP mode, P2P mode, or hardware encryption.
  • brcmsmac only supports old chipsets like BCM4313, BCM43224, BCM43225.

Broadcom wireless - ArchWiki

It appears it should be the correct driver. However, I’ve seen a lot of posts about things not working as expected with Mac’s. FYI, both Apple and Broadcom are not very friendly about open sourcing drivers for their hardware.