Suspend laptop on 4.19.36-1-MANJARO kernel

Hi,

I would like to know if someone has or had the same issue as me: I can't suspend my laptop when I close it: I selected on Power Manager suspend it when the lid is closed. My current kernel is 4.19.36-1-MANJARO

Best,
Juan Antonio

hi, that's an acpi related issue with your particular laptop, please do this

3 Likes

Sorry for the very late answer, but I got banned because I removed my laptop settings and I was waiting to be able to post... So I created a new account. This is the url to my post: Dump your inxi -Fxzc0 here and bookmark it

what I need to do now to know why my laptop doesn't suspend? Thanks!

I'm not that familiar with XFCE power control. I use KDE personally so maybe another user is best placed to advise you. I doubt you got banned for removing laptop information, that seems highly unlikely. You are more likely to get into hot water over having a second account. Please consult with forum staff over merging the two if possible.

Things to try, consult linesma's topic about ACPI kernel options

also kernel 5.0 or 5.1

1 Like

Hi,

I was testing my computer and I saw I can suspend it clicking the option "suspend", and If I close the lid and open it, it recovers the normal state. The problem still remains when I close the lid without clicking the "suspend" option because It doesn't change the state. I followed this post and no luck Unable to suspend when closing lid on Dell Inspiron 1545

Thanks!!

First thing to do is to test different kernels.

Next thing to do is remove the r8168 Realtek LAN driver. It has been causing suspend problems lately.

1 Like

can be also a result of nosmtp ( no HP )
in kernel 5.1.8

there is this fix
commit 949525fff5f722245ee2e2b1fe1e860e7e603579
Author: Jiri Kosina jkosina@suse.cz
Date: Thu May 30 00:09:39 2019 +0200

x86/power: Fix 'nosmt' vs hibernation triple fault during resume

@philm

2 Likes