Supported Devices List and requests for new devices

Sadly no.

The raspberry pi 1 and zero are running on a complete obsolete architecture at this point (armv6h).

I just got a Raspberry Pi 3B+ and I was excited to try Manjaro on it. Unfortunately, Manjaro will not boot. It seems to get stuck initializing network devices (which makes sense, considering that I believe the main difference between the 3B and 3B+ is the networking hardware).
Any plans to get this working on the 3B+?

I can post a screenshot of the actual error later if that would be helpful.

I will have a Raspberry Pi soon, and I also want to install Manjaro ARM on to it.

I tried to search some review videos on Youtube, but the newest one was created a year ago.

Could anyone test it and make some vids about it?
(Using internet broswer, install game and some other programs etc.)

Which Raspberry Pi?
Only 64bit is Supported on Manjaro Arm so might need pi3 or above.
Browsing works on pi3 and above but to use it as a desktop you can always look for a better SBC than pi

Raspberry Pi4.

I see.

This thread is dedicated to Raspberry Pi4

Would it be possible to support the Orange PI PC (Allwinner H3 board) ?

Full linux kernel support for now, but no modern OS support for H3, only Libreelec 9.

Thanks!

I am curious... how will the text and calling functions work? Will they be using whatever phone and sms/mms app that the Pinephone comes with?

Since it's a 32-bit (armv7) based SoC, it will not be possible on Manjaro ARM.

Is there any update for the NanoPC-T4, which is technically almost same as ROCKPro64?

I have a T4 and I would really like to get an Arch based Distro on it. Nothing is there from Arch ARM themselves yet and it makes me very sad.

Maybe. We would have to get a test device to start development.

4 posts were split to a new topic: How to add pine64+ support

It might be a good idea to use some of the armbian source code, such as the device tree and the kernel, they seem to fit quite a few development boards.

We are focusing on supporting devices that work on mainline. So we won't have to support a kernel for each device. :slight_smile:

Plus, we are a small team, who does all this in the spare time in between jobs, family and other free time. So we won't support a huge range of devices for a while.
Even as it is now, we are stretching it pretty thin in my opinion.

1 Like

What's the feasibility of support for the Le Potato AML-S905X-CC?

Libre seems to be working on mainline support, with a stated goal of full support by 2020. It's very similar to the C2 and shares the S905X with the it and the VIM1.

Libre is pretty quiet when it comes to support/updates, so I'm sure those with this board would pleased to see another, current OS option for it.

Yes it should work as long it have a working dtb in mainline kernel. Can you share the Le Potato device spec ? So I can check if there is a working dtb for it to work.

Update: I found this Spec from their website and it should work by just changing the dtb file name inside uEnv.ini
meson-gxl-s905x-libretech-cc.dtb

So the steps are:

1. Download the latest built img from this link.
  2. Flash it to a USB/SD using etcher.
  3. Edit the uEnv.ini as advised above.
  4. Try to boot it with the USB/SD.

Report back with your finding. I have tested this built with x96mini which is AML S905W and the kernel Developer 150balbes said this should work on all the Amlogic Soc with aarch64 and a correct working dtb.

Here's the specs from Libre: https://libre.computer/products/boards/aml-s905x-cc/
Here's another link, with information concerning mainlining efforts: http://linux-meson.com/doku.php

Report it back if you get it to work.
It is not the official build from Manjaro Arm Team, but an unofficial build by myself.

latest version which is 19.09 - kernel 5.3.0-rc8 is build using the official Manjaro vim3 packages.

Sure thing, I'll update with results! Just use the 19.09 VIM3 image?

Answered my own question when I came across your post on the VIM boards. In case we have any other LePotato owners, here's the link.

Yes the link you shared is the latest kernel.

Forum kindly sponsored by Bytemark