None of my aesthetically pleasing window animations are working and I can't update programs

I recently tried updating some programs (Librewolf and ungoogled-chromium) after installing a new cpu. However my computer’s cpu maxxed out trying to update these two browsers. I had to hard boot it off and when I turned it back on none of my animations were working and I couldn’t install one of my browser. Does anyone know if this is fixable? I don’t want to have to reinstall Manjaro. I recently lost part of my memory.

Thank you!

First off partial upgrades arent supported.

Second … these look like AUR packages … so you should be fully up-to-date before installing/upgrading them.

Third … as these are compile-yourself browsers it makes sense it would take hours to do. And if there is something wrong with your setup (fans, temp, etc) it could also make sense for your system to choke.

So … lets start with the basics:

pamac upgrade

And of course…
How to provide good information

2 Likes

While running pamac upgrade it was updating my browser and I got this warming/error

1 warning generated.
[17960/42687] ACTION //third_party/blink/public/mojom:mojom_core__generator(//build/toolchain/linux/unbundle:default)
FAILED: gen/third_party/blink/public/mojom/frame/frame.mojom-forward.h gen/third_party/blink/public/mojom/frame/frame.mojom-import-headers.h gen/third_party/blink/public/mojom/frame/frame.mojom-test-utils.cc gen/third_party/blink/public/mojom/frame/frame.mojom-test-utils.h gen/third_party/blink/public/mojom/frame/frame.mojom.cc gen/third_party/blink/public/mojom/frame/frame.mojom.h gen/third_party/blink/public/mojom/frame/frame_owner_properties.mojom-forward.h gen/third_party/blink/public/mojom/frame/frame_owner_properties.mojom-import-headers.h gen/third_party/blink/public/mojom/frame/frame_owner_properties.mojom-test-utils.cc gen/third_party/blink/public/mojom/frame/frame_owner_properties.mojom-test-utils.h gen/third_party/blink/public/mojom/frame/frame_owner_properties.mojom.cc gen/third_party/blink/public/mojom/frame/frame_owner_properties.mojom.h gen/third_party/blink/public/mojom/frame/frame_policy.mojom-forward.h gen/third_party/blink/public/mojom/frame/frame_policy.mojom-import-headers.h gen/third_party/blink/public/mojom/frame/frame_policy.mojom-test-utils.cc gen/third_party/blink/public/mojom/frame/frame_policy.mojom-test-utils.h gen/third_party/blink/public/mojom/frame/frame_policy.mojom.cc gen/third_party/blink/public/mojom/frame/frame_policy.mojom.h gen/third_party/blink/public/mojom/frame/navigation_initiator.mojom-forward.h gen/third_party/blink/public/mojom/frame/navigation_initiator.mojom-import-headers.h gen/third_party/blink/public/mojom/frame/navigation_initiator.mojom-test-utils.cc gen/third_party/blink/public/mojom/frame/navigation_initiator.mojom-test-utils.h gen/third_party/blink/public/mojom/frame/navigation_initiator.mojom.cc gen/third_party/blink/public/mojom/frame/navigation_initiator.mojom.h gen/third_party/blink/public/mojom/messaging/cloneable_message.mojom-forward.h gen/third_party/blink/public/mojom/messaging/cloneable_message.mojom-import-headers.h gen/third_party/blink/public/mojom/messaging/cloneable_message.mojom-test-utils.cc gen/third_party/blink/public/mojom/messaging/cloneable_message.mojom-test-utils.h gen/third_party/blink/public/mojom/messaging/cloneable_message.mojom.cc gen/third_party/blink/public/mojom/messaging/cloneable_message.mojom.h gen/third_party/blink/public/mojom/messaging/message_port_descriptor.mojom-forward.h gen/third_party/blink/public/mojom/messaging/message_port_descriptor.mojom-import-headers.h gen/third_party/blink/public/mojom/messaging/message_port_descriptor.mojom-test-utils.cc gen/third_party/blink/public/mojom/messaging/message_port_descriptor.mojom-test-utils.h gen/third_party/blink/public/mojom/messaging/message_port_descriptor.mojom.cc gen/third_party/blink/public/mojom/messaging/message_port_descriptor.mojom.h gen/third_party/blink/public/mojom/messaging/transferable_message.mojom-forward.h gen/third_party/blink/public/mojom/messaging/transferable_message.mojom-import-headers.h gen/third_party/blink/public/mojom/messaging/transferable_message.mojom-test-utils.cc gen/third_party/blink/public/mojom/messaging/transferable_message.mojom-test-utils.h gen/third_party/blink/public/mojom/messaging/transferable_message.mojom.cc gen/third_party/blink/public/mojom/messaging/transferable_message.mojom.h gen/third_party/blink/public/mojom/messaging/user_activation_snapshot.mojom-forward.h gen/third_party/blink/public/mojom/messaging/user_activation_snapshot.mojom-import-headers.h gen/third_party/blink/public/mojom/messaging/user_activation_snapshot.mojom-test-utils.cc gen/third_party/blink/public/mojom/messaging/user_activation_snapshot.mojom-test-utils.h gen/third_party/blink/public/mojom/messaging/user_activation_snapshot.mojom.cc gen/third_party/blink/public/mojom/messaging/user_activation_snapshot.mojom.h gen/third_party/blink/public/mojom/portal/portal.mojom-forward.h gen/third_party/blink/public/mojom/portal/portal.mojom-import-headers.h gen/third_party/blink/public/mojom/portal/portal.mojom-test-utils.cc gen/third_party/blink/public/mojom/portal/portal.mojom-test-utils.h gen/third_party/blink/public/mojom/portal/portal.mojom.cc gen/third_party/blink/public/mojom/portal/portal.mojom.h gen/third_party/blink/public/mojom/service_worker/controller_service_worker.mojom-forward.h gen/third_party/blink/public/mojom/service_worker/controller_service_worker.mojom-import-headers.h gen/third_party/blink/public/mojom/service_worker/controller_service_worker.mojom-test-utils.cc gen/third_party/blink/public/mojom/service_worker/rker.mojom.cc gen/third_party/blink/public/mojom/service_worker/controller_service_worker.mojom.h gen/third_party/embedded_worker.mojom-import-headers.h gen/third_party/blink/public/mojom/service_worker/embedded_worker.mojom-tink/public/mojom/service_worker/embedded_worker.mojom.cc gen/third_party/blink/public/mojom/service_worker/embeddlink/public/mojom/service_worker/service_worker.mojom-import-headers.h gen/third_party/blink/public/mojom/servicest-utils.h gen/third_party/blink/public/mojom/service_worker/service_worker.mojom.cc gen/third_party/blink/publicner.mojom-forward.h gen/third_party/blink/public/mojom/service_worker/service_worker_container.mojom-import-headeblink/public/mojom/service_worker/service_worker_container.mojom-test-utils.h gen/third_party/blink/public/mojom/ntainer.mojom.h gen/third_party/blink/public/mojom/service_worker/service_worker_object.mojom-forward.h gen/thirdojom/service_worker/service_worker_object.mojom-test-utils.cc gen/third_party/blink/public/mojom/service_worker/sm.cc gen/third_party/blink/public/mojom/service_worker/service_worker_object.mojom.h gen/third_party/blink/publicice_worker_provider.mojom-import-headers.h gen/third_party/blink/public/mojom/service_worker/service_worker_provi gen/third_party/blink/public/mojom/service_worker/service_worker_provider.mojom.cc gen/third_party/blink/public/r_registration.mojom-forward.h gen/third_party/blink/public/mojom/service_worker/service_worker_registration.mojo gen/third_party/blink/public/mojom/service_worker/service_worker_registration.mojom-test-utils.h gen/third_partyorker/service_worker_registration.mojom.h gen/third_party/blink/public/mojom/worker/shared_worker.mojom-forward.horker/shared_worker.mojom-test-utils.cc gen/third_party/blink/public/mojom/worker/shared_worker.mojom-test-utils.worker.mojom.h gen/third_party/blink/public/mojom/worker/shared_worker_connector.mojom-forward.h gen/third_party/hared_worker_connector.mojom-test-utils.cc gen/third_party/blink/public/mojom/worker/shared_worker_connector.mojoic/mojom/worker/shared_worker_connector.mojom.h gen/third_party/blink/public/mojom/worker/dedicated_worker_host_fh gen/third_party/blink/public/mojom/worker/dedicated_worker_host_factory.mojom-test-utils.cc gen/third_party/blidicated_worker_host_factory.mojom.cc gen/third_party/blink/public/mojom/worker/dedicated_worker_host_factory.mojoom/worker/shared_worker_factory.mojom-import-headers.h gen/third_party/blink/public/mojom/worker/shared_worker_fard_party/blink/public/mojom/worker/shared_worker_factory.mojom.cc gen/third_party/blink/public/mojom/worker/share
python2 ../../mojo/public/tools/bindings/mojom_bindings_generator.py --use_bundled_pylibs -o gen generate -d ../.hird_party/blink/public/common/common_export.h --filelist=__third_party_blink_public_mojom_mojom_core__generator_type_mappings --scrambled_message_id_salt_path ../../chrome/VERSION
[17976/42687] ACTION //content/common:mojo_bindings__parser(//build/toolchain/linux/unbundle:default)`

Now it stopped not sure what to do. I will post my computer info in my next post.

I ran inxi -Fazy

System:
  Kernel: 5.9.11-3-MANJARO x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc v: 10.2.0 
  parameters: BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz-5.9-x86_64 
  root=UUID=82adb263-da5a-4134-8d48-de94751a41d9 rw quiet apparmor=1 
  security=apparmor udev.log_priority=3 
  Desktop: KDE Plasma 5.20.4 tk: Qt 5.15.2 info: latte-dock wm: kwin_x11 
  dm: SDDM Distro: Manjaro Linux 
Machine:
  Type: Desktop Mobo: ASUSTeK model: PRIME B450-PLUS v: Rev X.0x 
  serial: <filter> UEFI: American Megatrends v: 2202 date: 07/14/2020 
CPU:
  Info: 8-Core model: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X bits: 64 type: MT MCP arch: Zen 2 
  family: 17 (23) model-id: 71 (113) stepping: N/A microcode: 8701021 
  L2 cache: 4096 KiB 
  flags: avx avx2 lm nx pae sse sse2 sse3 sse4_1 sse4_2 sse4a ssse3 svm 
  bogomips: 129658 
  Speed: 4050 MHz min/max: 2200/4050 MHz boost: enabled Core speeds (MHz): 
  1: 4049 2: 4050 3: 4050 4: 4048 5: 4022 6: 4025 7: 4040 8: 4053 9: 4050 
  10: 4050 11: 4059 12: 4050 13: 4068 14: 4066 15: 4050 16: 4050 
  Vulnerabilities: Type: itlb_multihit status: Not affected 
  Type: l1tf status: Not affected 
  Type: mds status: Not affected 
  Type: meltdown status: Not affected 
  Type: spec_store_bypass 
  mitigation: Speculative Store Bypass disabled via prctl and seccomp 
  Type: spectre_v1 
  mitigation: usercopy/swapgs barriers and __user pointer sanitization 
  Type: spectre_v2 mitigation: Full AMD retpoline, IBPB: conditional, STIBP: 
  conditional, RSB filling 
  Type: srbds status: Not affected 
  Type: tsx_async_abort status: Not affected 
Graphics:
  Device-1: NVIDIA GP106 [GeForce GTX 1060 6GB] vendor: ASUSTeK driver: nvidia 
  v: 455.45.01 alternate: nouveau,nvidia_drm bus ID: 09:00.0 
  chip ID: 10de:1c03 
  Display: x11 server: X.Org 1.20.10 compositor: kwin_x11 driver: nvidia 
  display ID: :0 screens: 1 
  Screen-1: 0 s-res: 2560x1440 s-dpi: 108 s-size: 602x342mm (23.7x13.5") 
  s-diag: 692mm (27.3") 
  Monitor-1: DP-2 res: 2560x1440 dpi: 109 size: 597x336mm (23.5x13.2") 
  diag: 685mm (27") 
  OpenGL: renderer: GeForce GTX 1060 6GB/PCIe/SSE2 v: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 455.45.01 
  direct render: Yes 
Audio:
  Device-1: NVIDIA GP106 High Definition Audio vendor: ASUSTeK 
  driver: snd_hda_intel v: kernel bus ID: 09:00.1 chip ID: 10de:10f1 
  Device-2: AMD Starship/Matisse HD Audio vendor: ASUSTeK 
  driver: snd_hda_intel v: kernel bus ID: 0b:00.4 chip ID: 1022:1487 
  Device-3: Kingston HyperX 7.1 Audio type: USB 
  driver: hid-generic,snd-usb-audio,usbhid bus ID: 1-2:2 chip ID: 0951:16a4 
  serial: <filter> 
  Sound Server: ALSA v: k5.9.11-3-MANJARO 
Network:
  Device-1: Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet 
  vendor: ASUSTeK driver: r8169 v: kernel port: f000 bus ID: 04:00.0 
  chip ID: 10ec:8168 
  IF: enp4s0 state: up speed: 1000 Mbps duplex: full mac: <filter> 
Drives:
  Local Storage: total: 2.96 TiB used: 1.50 TiB (50.8%) 
  SMART Message: Unable to run smartctl. Root privileges required. 
  ID-1: /dev/nvme0n1 vendor: Samsung model: SSD 960 EVO 250GB size: 232.89 GiB 
  block size: physical: 512 B logical: 512 B speed: 31.6 Gb/s lanes: 4 
  serial: <filter> rev: 2B7QCXE7 scheme: GPT 
  ID-2: /dev/sda vendor: Seagate model: ST1000DM003-1SB102 size: 931.51 GiB 
  block size: physical: 4096 B logical: 512 B speed: 6.0 Gb/s 
  rotation: 7200 rpm serial: <filter> rev: CC43 scheme: GPT 
  ID-3: /dev/sdb vendor: Western Digital model: WD2003FZEX-00SRLA0 
  size: 1.82 TiB block size: physical: 4096 B logical: 512 B speed: 6.0 Gb/s 
  rotation: 7200 rpm serial: <filter> rev: 1A01 scheme: GPT 
Partition:
  ID-1: / raw size: 232.59 GiB size: 227.94 GiB (98.00%) 
  used: 113.45 GiB (49.8%) fs: ext4 dev: /dev/nvme0n1p2 
Swap:
  Alert: No Swap data was found. 
Sensors:
  System Temperatures: cpu: 44.2 C mobo: N/A gpu: nvidia temp: 52 C 
  Fan Speeds (RPM): N/A gpu: nvidia fan: 0% 
Info:
  Processes: 387 Uptime: 53m Memory: 7.77 GiB used: 4.74 GiB (61.0%) 
  Init: systemd v: 246 Compilers: gcc: 10.2.0 clang: 11.0.0 Packages: 1474 
  pacman: 1459 lib: 405 flatpak: 5 snap: 10 Shell: Zsh v: 5.8 
  running in: konsole inxi: 3.1.08

That looks like you are compiling packages during the upgrade. Go to settings and disable AUR feature completely. Then try to update again.