Successfully installed manjaro on 32-bit efi / 64-bit cpu

Sorry guys, i just translated it. I am not an active member of the forum. My approach is not entirely feasible, and you need to test and think for yourself.

Welcome to my blog, if this information is helpful to you, I will be very happy. But note that these Chinese may all look like boxes and require translation tools.

Successful operation: successfully installed 64-bit manjaro on 32-bit efi atom tablet(note:This link has been fixed. More content is linked in this article, these articles are published according to plan, early access will return 404 error.)

It's time to make a summary. For 15 days, I often can't control myself, so I must install 64-bit manjaro for 32-bit efi Coolbit Rubik's Cube iwork8 Super Edition.

How to say, it is a hurdle, always feel that I can step over. After experiencing this exploration and toss, I hope that in the future, I can always remember this truth: as long as you are willing, as long as you are willing to give, as long as you are willing to learn, at least the results will not be too bad.

I flipped through countless sources. Many thanks to the official forum of manjaro, got a lot of answers on it. Although the content of the forum was all in English, it did not affect my reading much. Thank you very much for the advice provided by @jbMacAZ. He was the right decision I made when I was about to give up. His method is feasible, and my overall process is based on his experience, and at the same time I found a better idea by accident.

Reminder

1. If you cannot enter livecd, try replacing the bootia32.efi file. The 32-bit file extracted by the child in manjaro is invalid. As for where the bootia32.efi file that the sub-party finally used came from, I also forgot. In general, some work, some don't, try more.

2. The i386-efi folder I used is from Manjaro32 and the mirror is 18.0.4.

3. If you open the mirror directly, the file names you see are all uppercase, and after writing to the u disk, I find that they are all lowercase. In order to unify, the sub-party writes to the u disk and then performs extraction.

4. If you use dual system like me, you must install windows first, and then install manjaro.

Steps

1. Prepare manjaro64, manjaro32, u disk, Unetbootin, Rufus3.1

2. Extract or prepare files bootia32.efi, i386-efi folder and their contents

3. Turn off Quick Launch on the device

4. Use Rufus to write manjaro32 to the USB disk, be sure to use DD mode

5. Use Unetbootin to write manjaro64 to USB disk

6. modify the name of the u disk, consistent with the misolabel of the image, for example, the child is MJRO1815. It can be found at /boot/grub/kernels.cfg.

7. cover manjaro32, install manjaro64 directly, get it! Save more than 15 days!

4 Likes

Your blog link is dead, FYI.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by