Stuck on clean files blocks after hardware change

Hi. I used to use Manjaro on my server using integrated graphics on an 8th gen Intel CPU. I recently switched out the hardware to use an AMD Ryzen chip and a Radeon 6600 card. Now the system stays stuck on clean, files, blocks when I try to boot up the OS. I worry that the system is still trying to use the old graphics drivers and I am wondering if there is a way to manually install the free non-proprietary drivers for mhwd using the terminal. Could I get some help? I searched and I only see guides for installing nvidia drivers. Thank you in advance!

I’m no expert on this but you can definitely use a live usb to chroot into your system and then use terminal/mhwd to change your drivers.

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable than me will chime in

An update. It may not be graphics related? I have this error message when the system starts up and it just stays stuck at this screen.

I can still access the terminal using alt+f2 but I really have no idea about how to troubleshoot this issue.

Figured out the issue. 6600 Radeon card is just newer and my old kernel didn’t have support for it. I logged in using alt+f2 and just updated kernel using sudo mhwd-kernel -i linux515 and restarted. Was able to boot into the desktop environment this time.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.