Stuck at “/dev/nvme01p7: clean, … files, …blocks” after installing optimus manager

I did update, but now my wifi doesn’t work :frowning:

I guess it’s unsupported in this kernal version

I will try to install optimus and report back :slight_smile:

Could be, yes. I suggest then trying version 5.15 as it’s the latest LTS.

Edit:

After some googling it does seem that you need kernel version 5.12 or higher. So, at least theoretically, you’ll need version 5.15, yes.

2 Likes

I tried installing 5.15, messed up, and now it wont even go to tty2 :frowning:

I think i will be reinstalling the os.

You might be able to manjaro-chroot from a live usb and attemp to install and older kernel.

If you want you can do the chroot option, as @ThommoMC mentioned. If not and you decide to reinstall, make sure Kernel 5.15 is installed from the start.

Why does every single guide tell me to disable bumblbee? I dont even have it at all !

I don’t know! :laughing: I don’t, either.

I tried again with the reinstall, but had the exact same problem. Should I create a new thread?

I don’t think that’s neccessary seeing as it’s the same issue, still.

But, I don’t know further, if you’re running Kernel version 5.15. Check with the same inxi command as previously used:

inxi --admin --verbosity=7 --filter --no-host --width

if you reinstall there is little you should do to make optimus manager work.

first install Manjaro with proprietary drivers.

this is how i have it on my laptop:

edit the file /etc/sddm.conf and simply put a # before the line starting with DisplayCommandand the one starting with DisplayStopCommand

install optimus manager: pamac install optimus-manager
sudo systemctl enable optimus-manager.service
sudo systemctl start optimus-manager.service

on a new install the following shouldn’t be an issue:
make sure you do not have any configuration file conflicting with the ones autogenerated by optimus-manager. In particular, remove everything related to displays or GPUs in /etc/X11/xorg.conf, /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/ and also in /etc/X11/mhwd.d/. Avoid running nvidia-xconfig or using the Save to X Configuration file in the Nvidia control panel.(there might be files there but i didn’t have to delete or modify them)

if this one exist it’s also not an issue(MHWD):
Manjaro has its own driver utility called MHWD that also auto-generates a Xorg config file at /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/90-mhwd.conf. optimus-manager will automatically delete that file to avoid issues.

then you can install optimus-manager-qt from the AUR for an easy switch between graphic cards.

that’s how i did it.

maybe you’re on a special case since you have a newer Graphic card and 5.15 Kernel is not yet fully stable and the latest LTS one (5.10)is to old for your hardware.
idk.

Can you please tell me what version of manjaro you are running? I think I’ll switch to that version!

And also, when you first installed manjaro, did you go with proprietary drivers or open source drivers?

and also, are you running kde or kde plasma?

latest stable.

yes

:point_up:

kernel 5.10