Strawberry won't launch. libtag.so.1 cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Interesting, If I used sudo in that command could it of given me a bad response?

Also in regards to type -a strawberry

strawberry is /usr/local/bin/strawberry
strawberry is /usr/bin/strawberry

There is two places for it, We are getting somewhere!

1 Like

Delete the first one ( /usr/local/bin/strawberry) & also (if it exists) /usr/local/bin/strawberry-tagreader. That must be the version installed via GitHub, as the package in the Manjaro repositories installs the following files:

/usr/bin/strawberry
/usr/bin/strawberry-tagreader
/usr/share/applications/org.strawberrymusicplayer.strawberry.desktop
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/128x128/apps/strawberry.png
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/apps/strawberry.png
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/64x64/apps/strawberry.png
/usr/share/man/man1/strawberry-tagreader.1.gz
/usr/share/man/man1/strawberry.1.gz
/usr/share/metainfo/org.strawberrymusicplayer.strawberry.appdata.xml

This means you may not have to delete your ~./config/strawberry/ folder (if you havenā€™t done so yet) - removing the incorrect Strawberry binary should hopefully fix the issue.

Probably not, but it is better to make a habit of only using sudo when it is actually needed.

If you initially installed strawberry from GitHub using make install, then you should probably have uninstalled it using make uninstall. I have no personal experience with this, however.

1 Like

Thatā€™s the path I would go down. It has been a long time since I last used make install on my system, but I do recall installing a couple of apps that didnā€™t do the job as expected, and make uninstall got rid of everything.

Afterwards, reinstall strawberry from the repos in case make uninstall removes some files shared between the GitHub & repo versions such as icons.

So, probably the best thing to do is:

Uninstall strawberry via pacman

make uninstall the Github version

Reinstall strawberry via pacman

well, i didnt remove strawberry, i did rename it using the mv command

sudo mv /usr/local/bin/strawberry /usr/local/bin/backup-strawberry
pamac remove taglib1 #I did install it earlier using pamac install taglib1
reboot

and I have started it again using the command

strawberry

and it works, So I assume I have fixed it. Thank you everyone for your help, I have the Manjaro main page bookmarked and I plan to spend some free time going over it.

1 Like

Thatā€™s good. Maybe also check to see if the github version installed strawberry-tagreader into the /usr/local/bin/ folder and rename/delete that too as having multiple versions of strawberry-tagreader could also cause problems.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.