Strange behavior of the manjaro linux Gnome system

Startup - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DnjDzf2fHru__z7Jni3WWItRhdsDC7oH/view?usp=drivesdk
Shutdown -https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DNZgfMuljwn40CiYBJiznE0ltvm9OxZT/view?usp=drivesdk

I recently installed Mandjaro linux Gnome and have never worked with linux before. So I’m a beginner and don’t understand it at all.
In general, I was fiddling around with the system, installing drivers, and then this blinking started when I turned it on and off (I attached a video of startup and shutdown on Google Drive), and the system stopped starting at all. Later I found a solution on some forum (I don’t remember where) but there I reinstalled the conflicting drivers through the terminal cntr + alt + f2. After that, the system started working but the blinking did not go away. And the system began to take an awfully long time to load, as did applications (although before everything was much faster). I don’t know what to do, help. Sorry for my English. I will be glad for any help.

❯ systemd-analyze blame
30.395s plymouth-quit-wait.service
 1.714s systemd-backlight@backlight:intel_backlight.service
  932ms dev-nvme0n1p5.device
  426ms udisks2.service
  407ms systemd-udev-trigger.service
  374ms systemd-remount-fs.service
  354ms systemd-modules-load.service
  330ms plymouth-start.service
  280ms modprobe@fuse.service
  257ms apparmor.service
  254ms modprobe@drm.service
  249ms systemd-vconsole-setup.service
  246ms NetworkManager.service
  221ms user@1000.service
  207ms optimus-manager.service
  172ms lvm2-monitor.service
  167ms systemd-tmpfiles-setup-dev-early.service
  152ms systemd-journal-flush.service
   91ms systemd-tmpfiles-setup.service
   80ms systemd-udevd.service
   70ms systemd-random-seed.service
   69ms systemd-tmpfiles-setup-dev.service
   69ms upower.service

❯ systemd-analyze
Startup finished in 10.160s (firmware) + 2.769s (loader) + 1.400s (kernel) + 32.705s (userspace) = 47.035s 
graphical.target reached after 32.705s in userspace.

I also began to notice that the system could simply freeze out of the blue.

Welcome to Manjaro! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1. Please read the information behind this link. It will help you to post necessary information.
  1. Please press the three dots below your post and then press the :pencil2:
  • If you give us information about your system, we can see what we’re talking about and make better suggestions.
  • You can do this by using inxi in a terminal or in console.
sudo inxi --admin --verbosity=7 --filter --no-host --width
  • Personally identifiable information such as serial numbers and MAC addresses are filtered out by this command
  • Presenting the information in this way allows everyone to be familiar with the format and quickly find the items they need without missing anything.
  1. Copy the output from inxi (including the command) and paste it into your post.
  • To make it more readable, add 3 backticks ``` on an extra line before and after the pasted text.

Have you already :mag: for your problem in the forum ? (Wisdom lies in asking → listening → reading :wink: )

2 Likes

I edited the message!

For consideration:

2 Likes

For your description it is only possible to provide some generic pointers.

We have all been there

Breaking your system is part of learning your system - but you should do that at a slow pace.

A piece of advise - do not change system wide config unless you really know what you are doing - especially - do not follow advise on random internet blogs and youtube videos.

Such content may be outdated or does not apply to a Manjaro system.

When a Manjaro Linux system is installed - there is usually no need to install drivers

As Linux has buiilt-in kernel support for common hardware - only exceptions to that rule may be certain network devices which has been created for Windows ecosystem and thus do not have kernel support.

You can reset user configuration by copying the content (including hidden files (.dot files/folders)) of /etc/skel to your user’s home folder.

Everything outside your user’s homefolder will require superuser permissions - because Linux is secure by design - albeit not designed to prevent the user from breaking it.

1 Like

Break your system at a slow pace. Let me write that down.

1 Like