Strange behavior of seekbar in Clementine-qt5-git

Soooo...
Seekbar in Clementine-qt5-git [aur] is what bugging me:

watch gif

Sometimes when I click on seekbar - it's working, but mostly there is no action. Only tooltip is showing and this tooltip is not moving (and staying there) if I move cursor up to the playlist. It's moving if I move cursor across seekbar.
If I click on seekbar and move mouse than clementine is moving (entire program).

I recorded gif with peek and it's not showing mouse click - so u know I've clicked a lot there :grinning:

It's not a program issue - I've checked it in clean VM KDE - everything ok there.
And rebuilded Clementine-qt5-git couple times - nothing changed.
I think it's somehow connected with kde settings witch effecting on qt-5 programs but I'm not sure.

What it might be?

EDIT:
later I found that reason of this bug is in Clementine:
when I change in preferences "Colors" to "Use a custom color set:" (and restart maybe) this bug appear.
And this reproduced in my clean VM KDE also.

Anything spit out if you run it from terminal ?

First of all thanks :fist:
I looked at terminal (was nothing serious there)

warn

WARN DeviceKitLister:55 Error enumerating DeviceKit-disks devices: "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown" "The name org.freedesktop.UDisks was not provided by any .service files"

and few step later I found that reason of this bug is in Clementine:
when I change in preferences "Colors" to "Use a custom color set:" (and restart maybe) this bug appear.
And this reproduced in my clean VM KDE also.

So now bug is not so huge and I can live with that. I think this can't be fixed by user?

ps
I've moved this topic to the aur section.

Most of the comments on the AUR page suggest rebuilding Clementine. That seems to fix a variety of issues.

regards

1 Like

Supposedly OP did rebuild clementine.

Now did OP fully update and rebuild clementine ? I dont know. They seemed pretty self-assured so I didnt even ask the question.

sudo pacman-mirrors -f && sudo pacman -Syyu

Then use whatever aur helper you use. (btw if its yaourt. stop. and change.)

yay -S clementine-qt5-git

Or maybe even just

yay -Syua --devel

If none of that works .. its likely just a bug, so nothing manjaro handles. And you should complain to the packager or clementine. Though I thought clementine was simply .. done.

Literally on their website the most recent linux distro they mention is Ubuntu 12.04 and theres no updates to the website since 3 years ago. Just mentioning...

[you might need to either change your music player or deal with 'legacy' software and its quirks]

1 Like

Ah. So they did.

I suppose this may simply be a "quirk" of using a development edition and building from the latest commit to the development tree. If so there should be an open issue on their bug tracker.

Oh right. There is some quiet updates happening?..
(I noticed the AUR package has been updated recently - even as a git)

thanks for your answers.

it's a bit mess in my posts. because when I created thread I think reason of a bug is in kde settings (or something). After first answer I've found that reason of a bug is in settings of Clementine...

I did rebuild clementine few times.
both systems are up to date (kde stable, vm kde testing)
used yay

I think it's with program itself and need to write

To the AUR package maintainer via the comment area on the AUR package page;

As mentioned in FAQ.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by