Stop Job Is Running for Plex Media Server

hey all, I have Plex Media Server (snap) installed and on shutdown I get a delay of about 15 seconds for “stop job is running” for Plex Media Server;
my system.conf is set at 5s:
/etc/systemd/system.conf #DefaultTimeoutStopSec=5s
any thoughts to kill this service faster?
thank you for your time!

I’ve had no issues with the AUR package, try that instead.

2 Likes

aur/plex-media-server 1.22.2.4282-1 [+326 ~2.11] [Installed]
Ditch the SNAP dude - that’s the last choice and the least popular.

aur/plex-media-player 2.58.0-4 [+87 ~0.87] [Installed]

Also the player…

The TWO main reasons I left Linux Mint and installed Manjaro in the first place :wink: With Mint I had the SNAP server and the appimage player which didn’t support native audio passthrough to get Dolby on the receiver…

1 Like

started the service fine… can’t see my ntfs mounted drives anymore, even though I had them auto mounted…

Well I’m not sure how you automounted them, but they need to be persistent really… I started by creating folders /mnt/T3 and /mnt/T4 for my media drives.
Last year I used gnome-disks to set them, they look like this (using labels instead of UUID’s) in that app:

Important because qBittorrent RSS is told to use /mnt/T3/ or /mnt/T4/ locations to access the disks.

Whilst I set these mounts in gnome-disks and later in systemd, they appear in fstab like this:

LABEL=T3 /mnt/T3 auto nosuid,nodev,nofail,x-gvfs-show 0 0
LABEL=T4 /mnt/T4 auto nosuid,nodev,nofail,x-gvfs-show 0 0

Mine are not NTFS, though, so I’m not sure how yours needs to vary.

I followed a guide posted here:
UUID=THE-UUID-YOU-COPIED /home/canelesso/ssd250 ntfs-3g auto,nofail,uid=1000,gid=1000,utf8,umask=022,defaults 0 0
the auto mount works, even worked on the Plex Media Server snap package, but not the AUR I just installed.
That “mount Options” window you have open, is that inside Plex?

No. I don’t edit fstab - for a quick easy GUI way I use gnome-disks.
For a permanent way I do systemd mounting.

Something like this:
sudo touch /etc/systemd/system/mnt-T3.mount

For my ext4 formatted 3TB Toshiba:

> [Unit]
> Description=Mount Toshiba 3TB (/mnt/T3)
>
> [Mount]
> What=/dev/disk/by-label/T3
> Where=/mnt/T3
> Type=ext4
> Options=nosuid,nodev,nofail,x-gvfs-show
> TimeoutSec=15seconds
>
> [Install]
> WantedBy=multi-user.target

thanks for the guide, strange that my drives do automount correctly, it has to be a Plex thing - will have to dig through the Arch wiki’s