Still xfce4 performance issues in RPI4 with Manjaro 20.10

My last test some month ago was that there were performance issues on raspberry pi 4 4GB and the manjaro xfce edition (20.8/9) like laggy mouse, etc.

Does anybody know if this issue still exists?

Have you tried turning off the Compositing in XFCE?

No, I have not investigated regarding this issue. Is compositing active by default?

Pretty sure it is.

I do not have any issues with xfce but I never did have any issues.

Especially on rpi4 b?

pi4 4G and 8G.

Ok thanks. I will retry it.

I have read in another post that it may have something to do with a USB mouse setting. Usbhid.mousepoll value by default is set too high. Check it out here:

I was not able to test this as I had given up at that point and flashed KDE. I over clocked my device and it seems to work well without changing any other config. Another bug I noticed though is a line at bottom of screen on xfce. I can’t seem to get rid of it. This happens to be on pinebook pro.

Because of that thread you linked I did some research and saw that the default linux settings does not behave right getting info from some mouse to set it up. Because of that I manually set the usbhid.mousepoll=8 in /boot/cmdline.txt. Also in that thread it says to set the value high if the mouse is still laggy; some have set the value to 12.

Bottom line is the usbhid.mousepoll=8 in /boot/cmdline.txt is now in all kernel installs regardless of which DE you have installed. Since most people do not have this issue I am thinking it could boil down to what brand of mouse is being used and xfce is for some reason is not getting the right values.