Steam won't close in a proper time

BUG in github:

My problem is related to the specific game rise of the tomb raider. Payday2, tf2, hitman( all are opengl and native games except hitman that has an alpha renderer on vulkan that is recommended not to use ) are not affected.

BTW: i am not having high cpu load… only a zombie steam process that is not gonna die before 15 minutes JAJA

The problem to sum up is that when you run the rottr you can play it nice. After that if you close the game and steam, steam won’t close before a loooong time( like 15 minutes to self close)
The only way to use steam is to KILL the process and reopen again. Because the process itself is not closed until 15 minutes has gone and in that time you can’t do nothing with steam( open games, library… nothing)

I have read in manajro that a user has the problem and it has gone itself but I think the user has not opened the specific games that makes steam behavour like this. For me it’s the rottr but in the github page Dota 2 it’s making steam to won’t close.

Someone has any idea why?
Occurs on other distros?
Steam told me that they only support ubuntu so… the trick here is to test it on ubuntu to see if it’s an specific issue on manjaro and arch or it’s happening on other distros

Open Steam through the terminal and then see the output when you hit the close button. Maybe this will hint you to the root of this issue. If not, post it here, maybe it will tell something to someone.

The output is in the op actually. And it’s a known bug of steam in other distros not Ubuntu. And it’s fixed on beta after months and months… but at least it’s fixed.

if you’re talking about the shader pre caching issues, they may have fixed something for some cases, but they didn’t fix the issue for Nvidia, they simply removed the feature in next Steam update (current Steam beta).

Linux

• Improved performance of processing incremental Vulkan shader database updates
  • Fixed several issues around skipped Vulkan shader processing continuing in the background after a game has started
  • Disabled shader processing on NVIDIA while driver issues are being looked into

I have amd anyways, but it affected both before, so that in new steam beta for amd shader precching is not disabled because I have seen it working for me. and there is no more this bug…