System freezes while waking up from suspend

I request you to watch this video. You may understand my issue.

Yup that’s it. I don’t know any other way of describing this issue. Every time I close my lids and try to woke the laptop up, it freezes with the lockscreen on and mouse and keyboard loses its functionality. In the
video you may have also noticed that the keyboard light too gets turned off(won’t turn on even if I press the backlight toggle button). Sometimes after the frozen login screen unfreezes and I can unlock and use my computer(but keyboard backlight still remains off even if I try to turn it on). I don’t think this issue is specific to Manjaro or KDE. I tried other distros too.Every linux distribution that I’ve tried on this laptop has the same issue.
From what I’ve found from internet I tried by changing my boot options to

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet apparmor=1 nouveau.modeset=0 security=apparmor resume=UUID=564940a7-1b64-4ba8-bd4a-cef4c3c3a4f3 udev.log_priority=3 bootsplash.bootfile=bootsplash-themes/manjaro/bootsplash nvme_core.default_ps_max_latency_us=5500 "

But nothing worked for me.

Is there any fix for my problem??

Device Specifications

Operating System: Manjaro Linux
KDE Plasma Version: 5.22.4
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.85.0
Qt Version: 5.15.2
Kernel Version: 5.13.11-1-MANJARO (64-bit)
Graphics Platform: Wayland
Processors: 8 × AMD Ryzen 7 4700U with Radeon Graphics
Memory: 7.2 GiB of RAM
Graphics Processor: AMD RENOIR

There is currently an issue with suspend and hibernation on Ryzen-based machines running the 5.13 kernel. Best would be to try the 5.10 LTS kernel instead.

@Aragorn
Thanks now at least the keyboard and mouse are functional after waking up.But the screen is still frozen(It is blinking with login screen clock). But I can now switch to another tty and restart the pc. Is this an issue with graphics drivers ? Do you have any suggestions for this.

Using kernel : Linux 5.10.59-1 LTS

Oh forget it I found it working with latest kernel 5.14 experimental. Thanks for your help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.