How to search for package install/uninstall history?

Is there any place where I can find “which package I have installed/uninstalled after I installed manjaro” like this:

installed pipewire-alsa on 11:45:14 02/19/2021
uninstalled pulseaudio-alsa on 11:45:15 02/19/2021

Yes there is, your pacman log should have this info:
Example:
cat /var/log/pacman.log | grep pipewire-alsa

1 Like

:stuck_out_tongue:

grep "pipewire-alsa" /var/log/pacman.log

:wink:

4 Likes

Thank you two for this! I am just looking for the pacman log.

Pamac Manager GUI also has a history in hamburger menu. With a search function! Nice :slight_smile:

Thanks! I have never pay attention to it.

It’s actually a kebab menu. :wink:

2 Likes

On my side it is a hamburger menu

1 Like

Ah, depends on the theme then I guess. :man_shrugging:

Yeah it’s a matter of theme. Should have said application menu ;)).
@Yochanan Would it actually be helpful if the basic search function with the pamac history log becomes a filter function (compress log to relevant entries)? This would be a feature request.
(Sidenote1: I guess most users will use terminal to search pacman.log; Sidenote2: The user could always copy the history log and paste it into other applications to achieve the same. It’s a matter of how-to do things)
I see that philm is maintainer of the relevant pamac packages that provide this. Is this only available in Manjaro or also in upstream? Not sure if it is worth the effort as there are other options to get the relevant information. What do you think?

I won’t reply here as this topic has been solved. It would be better to create a new topic in #site-feedback, perhaps.

Absolutely fine for me as I was hesitant at first with my comment! It would just be a nice to have feature anyway which would probably impact performance more. I’ll see, maybe later in time. Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.