Startscreen alignment

Hi,

ever since I installed Manjaro the 3 little squares at startup are misplaced. They appear in the upper left corner of the screen and I’d say it looks as if they’re 1/6 (one sixth) of the size of my screen and aligned to the upper left corner.

Anybody know how to fix this (I’m just an adventureous user without any programming skills).

Hello,

You are talking about Activities Overview and probably using the Manjaro Legacy Layout? Change it, also take a look at this on how to disable it all together if changing it from Layouts is not enough.

Hello and thanks for your reply.

Without thoroughly checking what you propose I assume that I’m talking about something else.
It’s just the startup screen that symbolizes that the OS is loading/booting.

I also know it from Tails OS. Three little squares in the middle of the screen that change color. Since I installed Manjaro they are misplaced as indicated in my first post.

Regards

Ok, then it can only be plymouth - a graphical boot splash screen with kernel mode-settings support.
On gnome you might have to remove it, remove also gdm-plymouth and also remove it from /etc/mkinitcpio.conf HOOKS line and then run from terminal:
sudo mkinitcpio -P
then
sudo update-grub
reboot and see if the issue persists, … or maybe simply just change the theme to something else …

Hi there,

I still haven’t tried out what you proposed. I thought it might be good to show a picture of what it actually looks like. And I didn’t have a lot of time lately, therefore the delay.

That’s my manjaro booting up. The three squares should be in the center of the screen…