Stable?! update

I tend to agree with that. Stable Branch is relatively stable to be more precise.

2 Likes

Actually it is “Less quirks” but not stable in any sense of the word :wink:

OK, you win with “less quirks” :smile: I’m off to bed :vulcan_salute:

Thanks everyone for the answers and tips. To be clear I do have backups, I have a BTRFS / Thimeshift set up like this and offline backups of the home folder too. I’ll be only in trouble if grub goes south I think.

I hope You understand why I opened this topic. Not to blame anyone just to raise attention that there are some confused users here.

Now I’m going to hit the update button and see you after… hopefully :slight_smile:

update: It’s done! Seems like everything works.

1 Like

For something to be considered a bug it has to be tested and confirmed in a unmodified environment, only then it can be considered a bug, otherwise is just a issue in a local machine that can be caused by the user own modifications, since blog posts are only tested in a users machine with unknown variables, then 26% == 0%, many dont understand this how bugs and bug reports work.

2 Likes

Whenever there is an update of cryptsetup package I expect worries, because there are so many people who don’t know how to roll back a fully encrypted system when it wouldn’t boot.

1 Like

Stable Branch is relatively stable

Stable branch is less subject to change than other Manjaro branches
Also less subject to change than Arch stable branch, and other Arch derivatives

Point release distributions have the option to hold back tricky packages until the next release
to minimise update problems. But an upgrade would have to deal with all those held back packages
A rolling releases does not have the option to hold back updates for months and work around issues by installing a new version

Updates on Manjaro stable are not perfect, but they usually get over 90% approval in the poll
but sometimes ( 2 or 3 times a year*) the update is more like an upgrade

*past performance is no guarantee of future results, your Manjaro may vary

3 Likes