[Stable Update i686] 2018-09-14 - Large update, KDE, Firefox, Chromium, Python, Haskell, TeX Live, Virtualbox,

update
stable
manjaro32

These three…
Downgrade did “something” with mesa-vdpau but did’nt tel me anything
With libva-mesa-driver, I had a list, but the suggested version number was not in there, so I closed my eyes and hit a button… :thinking: …perhaps not really the “Linux way” :rofl:
Mesa did’nt pass thu the downgrade, wayland complained, so, I did the “blindfold magic” on wayland too…the the downgrade of mesa did work…or…not, still blank screen, LOL
actually…may I state (to all the non-believers too) that I’m having fun!

Would you care to post the pacman.log which shows these last operations?

Yep, let me re-Chroot :wink:
…after airances…be back in a click :slight_smile:

Hi, found here
It is a section, I have the whole thing, but this is the section of when it went wrong…

I’m sorry, but the log doesn’t show that you downgrade the three packages to version 18.1.7-1.0.
Here is the Manjaro Wiki article: https://wiki.manjaro.org/index.php?title=Downgrade
You need to set the environment variable DOWNGRADE_FROM_ALA=1, if you have trouble with that you can run it this way
DOWNGRADE_FROM_ALA=1 downgrade mesa mesa-vdpau libva-mesa-driver
then select for each of these the version 18.1.7-1.0.

Okay. Since I did’nt get the right version in the list, I did an export, and printenv did show the env var…
That is good.
A second try did not reveal the required version. I’m looking for a way to invlude it from an archive somewhere…
I get 30 entries, the first one (the currect version) is at 18.1.8.1-0, then it pops to 17.2.4-1, there is a gap…and I suspect it(s there because I’m not tuned in to the right repo. Ehm, I did try to resync the repos as well (pacman -Syy)
I love this :slight_smile:
Some systems need to break down more often, LOL
(NO sarcasm intended, I genuinly enjoy this…lucky it’s a redundant box so there’s no real urgency)

Ehm…I was at the archive and did find the package, but the 64-bit version…oops…

Here are the listed mirrors https://www.archlinux32.org/download/
You can also click through repo.manjaro.org -> x32.

Edit: Here are the desired versions: http://arch32.mirrors.simplysam.us/i686/extra/

For the Downgrade I used the very Manual way:

I Downloaded the needed Files from an Manjaro Mirror that was not Synced for 220h’s at the time Downloading.
(Since a few Days the Server is Synced, so the Packages are gone.)
Good is that I Saved the Files for myself on my Intranet Server together with a complete Clone from the Manjaro Repo.
I Packed the Files into an Archive and Uploaded it to my Internet Server.

1. Download: Link Removed.
  2. Extract the Archive to a new Folder.
  3. Boot a Live System
  4. chroot to the Installed System and navigate to the Folder the Files are Extracted.
  5. Use the Command

sudo pacman -U mesa-18.1.7-1.0-i686.pkg.tar.xz libva-mesa-driver-18.1.7-1.0-i686.pkg.tar.xz mesa-vdpau-18.1.7-1.0-i686.pkg.tar.xz

to Downgrade the Packages.

DK3

thanks @jonathon for your time and effort during this year.

Will it be possible to convert my installation to arch32?
If yes can someone post the process?
thanks

Visit archlinux32.org, they have a lot of information. It basically boils down to replacing /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist with the one from archlinux32 and updating the system.
But I would recommend to try Bluestar Linux or Parabola Linux (if it works on your machine) which both have a graphical installer.

But this is not the right topic to discuss migration to archlinux32. Please, no follow up questions on it in this topic!

24 posts were split to a new topic: Having difficulties updating packages

A post was merged into an existing topic: Having difficulties updating packages

A post was merged into an existing topic: Having difficulties updating packages

Nope don’t do that. That probably won’t work and it is not recommended even if it did.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.