That lib is only provided by libksysguard 6.7.2. We might need to repackage it against 6.6.6 release …
Check via sudo pacman -Syuu if kdevelop 26.04.3-0.1 fixes it for you.
That lib is only provided by libksysguard 6.7.2. We might need to repackage it against 6.6.6 release …
Check via sudo pacman -Syuu if kdevelop 26.04.3-0.1 fixes it for you.
Yeah. I don’t have any problems with it set to US even when i use Xwayland apps, seem to take it as FI no matter what. Just put it to FI to make sure.
Everything looks good after the update from linux618-nvidia-575xx to linux618-nvidia-580xx.
Thank you much!
It was only the CLI that was still in us keyboard. All the GUI apps was translated to SE (åäö). Like I said in my previous post a reboot fixed it though.
I’m having a black screen AFTER logging in. Essentially, KDE Plasma Wayland loads, and then the desktop blinks a few times, and then stays black. Same behavior on Plasma X11.
Upon looking at journalctl, I see plasmashell is segfaulting. (And the stack trace is gigantic, due to the several concurrent threads. And copy-pasting the exact error message will be difficult, but I can do it if needed.)
I’ve already tried deleting my ~/.config/plasma-org.kde.plasma.desktop-appletsrc, which loses all my customizations and wallpaper, but it still crashes. I also tried deleting ~/.config/plasmashellrc, but also no luck. Right now I’m stuck and unable to use my computer.
I’m on integrated Intel GPU.
(For what is worth, I skipped the update from a couple of weeks ago. I was busy and only had time to update now.)
EDIT: I’ve installed cinnamon to be able to get some GUI. I noticed konsole was also crashing, and so was vdu_controls. In common for all these cases was the top of the stack trace: libfontconfig.so.1 + 0xe9ac.
Solution:
# Run this as your own user. (i.e. DON'T use sudo)
fc-cache -r
Such a simple solution, took me a while to discover. Can someone please add this solution to the top of the thread?
i have a geforce gtx 1050ti and i have updated my driver to 580xx an update ago when it appeared and it works good since. dont forget to replace every package that has 575 or 570 in its name and every nvidia package that doesnt have a version in its name but is 590 with a 580 version of the package.
Yes, the kdevelop 26.04.3-0.1 version can resolve this issue ![]()
Thanks for helping
2 laptops, 1 desktop successfully updated, no problems. Thank you again Manjaro team!
So, I tried uninstalling the 7.0 kernel by switching to my LTS kernel (6.18.38-1) but when I do, I get dependency errors telling me I can’t remove the 7.0 kernel. Given what this update changes, I’m a bit concerned about that. Should I still go for the update?
If you would prefer that we can only guess about the dependency errors — and I’m willing to placate you by asking whether it’s got anything to do with Nvidia — then, by all means, keep them hidden from us. ![]()
Hi,
Thanks for this update, but I encountered an issue => keyboard language on KDE Plasma 6.6.6 (Devil inside ?)
solution ?
[nls@lap ~]$ localectl status
bash: localctl: command not found
[nls@lap ~]$ localectl status
System Locale: LANG=en_GB.UTF-8
LC_NUMERIC=fr_FR.UTF-8
LC_TIME=fr_FR.UTF-8
LC_MONETARY=fr_FR.UTF-8
LC_PAPER=fr_FR.UTF-8
LC_NAME=fr_FR.UTF-8
LC_ADDRESS=fr_FR.UTF-8
LC_TELEPHONE=fr_FR.UTF-8
LC_MEASUREMENT=fr_FR.UTF-8
LC_IDENTIFICATION=fr_FR.UTF-8
VC Keymap: (unset)
X11 Layout: (unset)
[nls@lap ~]$
sudo localectl set-keymap fr
sudo localectl set-x11-keymap fr
localectl status
reboot
Enjoy !
Using the new KDE iso’s for this release (minimal and full), I get a black screen (no signal) on monitor when booting. If I ctrl-alt-f2, the monitor comes back with a login screen. I enter manjaro/manjaro and the screen dies again (no signal). Doing ctrl-alt-f2 brings it back again, but back at the login screen. I can also drop to a TTY. The regular KDE ISO (march release) is fine.
I am using a Radeon RX 9070
Ya, something is off with the ISOs. @bhood41 when you select the boot entry on the live session and press E for edit, then navigate to the line and remove splash followed by pressing CTRL+X to boot, dows it then come up?
Else try an ISO with linux618
Fair, these are the errors.
:: removing linux70 breaks dependency 'linux70' required by linux-meta
:: removing linux70-nvidia-open breaks dependency 'linux70-nvidia-open' required by linux-nvidia-open-meta
:: removing linux70-virtualbox-host-modules breaks dependency 'linux70-virtualbox-host-modules' required by linux-virtualbox-host-modules-meta
It does list an Nvidia one but I was under the impression I didn’t need to worry about end of support, as I have an RTX 30xx series card.
Sorry to say that removing splash and linux618 iso still has the same problem (no signal). I dropped to a TTY and I was able to install cinnamon and get to a desktop though.
EDIT: The Gnome RC1 ISO works.
Remove linux-meta and then remove linux70. It’s a meta package that automatically gets installed when the kernel you’re running is EOL.
Make sure you are booted into 6.18 first, and then run… ![]()
sudo pacman -Rns linux70 linux70-nvidia-open linux70-virtualbox-host-modules linux70-virtualbox-host-modules-meta
That should get rid of the lot in one go. ![]()
I have AMD Ryzen AI 5 340 + Radeon 840M, kernel 6.18.38 & mesa 26.1.4 of this update works fine for me. I ran fc-cache -r (without sudo) after update but before reboot, to avoid this issue.
Unrelated to update, I also fixed the folder permission of “/etc/bluetooth”. Somehow bluetooth is off on startup, I just need to switch it on and my bluetooth mouse still works fine. Hopefully it’s on by default in the next startup.
Tested the ISO with Linux 7.1 kernel.
The xfce minimal ISO exhibits the same behavior as previous ISOs.
Instead of desktop loading, a GTK window with one button is displayed with the message
Unable to contact settings server
Could not connect: No such file or directory
The underlying file system has been examined during the event (using a second virtual console)
The file .xsession-errors contains
Failed to connect to user scope bus via local transport: $DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS and $XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not defined (consider using --machine=<user>@.host --user to connect to bus of other user)
dbus-update-activation-environment: error: unable to connect to D-Bus: Using X11 for dbus-daemon autolaunch was disabled at compile time, set your DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS instead
dbus-update-activation-environment: error: unable to connect to D-Bus: Using X11 for dbus-daemon autolaunch was disabled at compile time, set your DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS instead
Failed to connect to user scope bus via local transport: $DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS and $XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not defined (consider using --machine=<user>@.host --user to connect to bus of other user)
dbus-update-activation-environment: error: unable to connect to D-Bus: Using X11 for dbus-daemon autolaunch was disabled at compile time, set your DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS instead
After acknowledging the error, lightdm is able to start the greeter and one can attempt to login. On an unsuccessful attempt - the .xsession-errors is renamed to .xsession-errors.old and a new .xsession-errors is created with the same content.
After a successful login, the desktop loads and a new .xsession-errors file is created with content:
libxfce4windowing-Message: 07:49:54.799: Failed to fetch _NET_NUMBER_OF_DESKTOPS; assuming 1
libxfce4windowing-Message: 07:49:54.800: Failed to get _NET_WORKAREA; using full screen dimensions
libxfce4windowing-Message: 07:49:54.800: Failed to fetch _NET_CURRENT_DESKTOP; assuming 0
libxfce4windowing-Message: 07:49:54.800: Failed to fetch _NET_CURRENT_DESKTOP; assuming 0
/usr/bin/iceauth: creating new authority file /run/user/1000/ICEauthority
gpg-agent: a gpg-agent is already running - not starting a new one
libxfce4windowing-Message: 07:49:55.156: Failed to fetch _NET_CURRENT_DESKTOP; assuming 0
/usr/bin/desktop-items: line 9: is_sonar: command not found
(pamac-tray:2706): Gdk-CRITICAL **: 07:49:56.806: gdk_window_thaw_toplevel_updates: assertion 'window->update_and_descendants_freeze_count > 0' failed
blueman-applet 07.49.57 WARNING PluginManager:153 __load_plugin: Not loading DhcpClient because its conflict has higher priority
blueman-applet 07.49.57 WARNING PluginManager:153 __load_plugin: Not loading PPPSupport because its conflict has higher priority
xfsettingsd: Another instance took over. Leaving...
/usr/bin/disable-dpms: line 6: xset: command not found
/usr/bin/disable-dpms: line 6: xset: command not found
xfsettingsd: Another instance took over. Leaving...
** Message: 07:50:27.234: updates_checker.vala:59: check updates
xfsettingsd: Another instance took over. Leaving...
I just saw this that seems to affect all Arch derivatives and it seems to explain the keyboard problems seen with this update:
I have always said If all the linux guys worked together instead of against each other unimaginable things could happen… and Microslop would have long be history. ![]()
That would explain why i do not have the problem: i have long ago edited the vconsole file adding the right layout which was not set by default.