[Stable Update] 2024-05-13 - Kernels, Plasma 6, Gnome 46, LxQT 2.0, Nvidia, Pacman

You should use some mono font with nerd glyphs injected into it, usually they are called something like ttf-<fontname>-nerd and a part of nerd-fonts package group (e.g. ttf-liberation-mono-nerd )

Cool, thanks! Solved.

2 Likes

That’s an upstream Konsole/Qt/Plasma bug, I really hope they will fix it a soon as possible so you’ll be able to use all fonts once again.

2 Likes

Look at my solutions for KDE Plasma 6.

1 Like

Thanks, that helped (fixed the sound), guess I just found the weirdest (and irrelevant) bug. The sound disappears as soon as I set the brightness control (and specifically that one, others worked without issue) in the system tray to always hidden. Reboot fixes it as well.

C’mon, you can’t compare Debian with Manjaro…
If all you want is stability, yeah then stick with Debian, but then you can probably wait a few more months until you get Plasma 6 there.
Manjaro is a rolling release distro, so you trade a few more bugs for faster package updates.

4 Likes

Ok, I saw this before, in November/Stable:
So in case you’ve missed it:

If you use KDE you better logout of your session and do the update via Pacman or Pamac in tty.

I might put this in the wiki post.

1 Like

Okay, I found some old thread about similar issue, deleted /var/tmp/pamac as suggested there and the problem sorted itself out after a while.

1 Like

Yes, please mention ANYTHING about this entire huge breaking change in the wiki post! Currently there is no mention of KDE anywhere at all! I just spent three hours getting even the most important settings working again.

1 Like

FYI kernel 6.9.0-1 is released and downloadable. ;-

2 Likes

You might find my post (above) of interest.

I took the usual expected precautions before performing the update, and had no issues whatsoever. Perhaps the procedure is of some use to you.

However, if you’re insistent that…

…remember to close the door on your way out.

Cheers.

That seems to be part of one of my comments that you quoted. I’m not (yet) understanding what point you are making regarding Vulkan.

1 Like

Can’t update clang because installed shiboken6 needs it. Can’t update shiboken6 because it needs that clang

Sync Dependency (1): shiboken6-6.7.0-5
:: Synchronising package databases...
 core is up to date
 extra is up to date
 community is up to date
 multilib is up to date
:: Starting full system upgrade...
warning: clang: ignoring package upgrade (16.0.6-2 => 17.0.6-2)
warning: xtitle: local (20170206-1) is newer than extra (0.4.4-1)
resolving dependencies...
warning: ignoring package clang-17.0.6-2
warning: cannot resolve "clang=17.0.6", a dependency of "shiboken6"
:: The following package cannot be upgraded due to unresolvable dependencies:
      shiboken6

:: Do you want to skip the above package for this upgrade? [y/N] y
looking for conflicting packages...
 there is nothing to do

Upgrade was smooth.

2 Likes

Remove clang from IgnorePkg in your pacman.conf first.

1 Like

Hello! after updating to plasma6. it seems all apps from the app launcher are gone, and even when I open the settings manager from the terminal, by going on the indexer settings and such crashes the settings app. Please excuse my bad english and enlighten me please on a possible solution. As of now I have used timeshift to go back to plasma 5 so waiting is not an issue. Many thanks!

1 Like

Interestingly, I just hit update and it went mostly smoothly. After update (before restart) the taskbar pinned icons were gone and Application Launcher was completely empty. Mistakenly logged out instead of restart and the login screen complained about missing theme and looked weird and honestly I felt little bit anxiously. Then I restarted my computer and everything returned to normal again, apart from few workspace settings which I haven’t customised heavily anyway. And I use Timeshift too.

2 Likes

mailnag is no longer working:

$ mailnag-config
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/mailnag-config", line 36, in <module>
    from Mailnag.configuration.configwindow import ConfigWindow
  File "/usr/lib/python3.12/site-packages/Mailnag/configuration/configwindow.py", line 33, in <module>
    from Mailnag.common.plugins import Plugin
  File "/usr/lib/python3.12/site-packages/Mailnag/common/plugins.py", line 20, in <module>
    import imp
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'imp'

Moderator edit: In the future, please use proper formatting: [HowTo] Post command output and file content as formatted text

had the same issue, could you try sudo update-desktop-database /usr/share/applications -v ?

2 Likes

So first I restore to default all of my settings including themes and widgets then update, and if the problem persists I use the command?

It’s not in pacman.conf ignored list

No, you can’t update because you added clang to IgnorePkg.