[Stable Update] 2023-10-09 - Mesa, Grub, GlibC, Thunderbird, KDE Frameworks Renaming

How do i know if I have the “old” version of glibc-locales installed? Mine shows as 2.36-1 Installed 25th Jan 23. Repository Extra.

Thanx.

Check here:

https://packages.manjaro.org/?query=glibc-locales

Or to check which one’s installed:

pamac list --installed | grep --ignore-case glibc-locales

:+1:

Thanks.

1 Like

I’m getting this, when trying to update.
installing kvantum (1.0.10-2) breaks dependency 'kvantum-qt5' required by kvantum-theme-matchama

2 Likes

From the search:

And:

2 Likes

@programista.zacny same thing happened to me. Did you able to solve it? I also can’t login after suspend my laptop. I am using Gnome Desktop.

I accepted whole /etc/shells.pacnew into /etc/shells as effect I removed my zsh entries and cannot log in. It’s known issue but the message is misleading, it’s not about password, it’s about shell.

Just general people using Linux. @programista.zacny Please share me the steps or links. I did used the manjaro-pacnew-checker.sh. Silly me.

What’s known issue? That if you screw up merging files (ie. blindly overwrite them) there might be problems? I agree with that. :smiley:

Anyway, who would have thought that creating some pacnew merger hook will cause these kind of problems… :smiley:

@khandakershahi Boot from iso, mount / and edit /etc/shells - add zsh (or whatever you use) back in. Maybe even switching tty and login as root works. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

@zbe Thanks mate. I do have another laptop and has gnome desktop. I put similar entries using root account and replying you after successfully login. I should remove manjaro-pacnew-checker.

1 Like

You should learn how to merge pacnew files — with or without that checker.

Yes, I will learn that.

I’ve checked in pamac and it seems I have this glibc-locales package installed from the extra repo (glibc-locales 2.36-1 197.6 MB - Offizielle Repositories (extra)).

I’m not sure when to execute this:
sudo pacman -Syu glibc-locales --overwrite /usr/lib/locale/\*/\*

I just want to make sure I don’t break anything. Am I supposed to run this before the update with sudo pacman -Syu or after it?

That is the update command. sudo pacman -Syu on it’s own will fail.

1 Like

D’oh! I’m stupid. I actually didn’t read the command but took it as ‘something I have to do before or after the upgrade’ without actually reading the command. Sorry. :slight_smile:

Ok I just had it again for about 40 seconds, so it’s not gone yet :face_in_clouds:

update seemingly went fine via Pamac, but the system did not boot. Grub showed an entry of a really old, no longer existing kernel. So i booted from iso and after manjaro-chroot and update grub (see https://wiki.manjaro.org/index.php/GRUB/Restore_the_GRUB_Bootloader everything worked again. Phew!
Second time this happened this year after stable update, not good.

I just applied it right after the update itself.
And it worked.

The white theme doesn’t botter me at all and pamac is working fine, I will keep the current version
(gtk4 ?) but thanks anyway!

1 Like

I’m unable to open Manjaro Settings Manager after this update (I’m on XFCE).