[Stable Update] 2023-07-10 - Kernels, Plasma, Gnome, LibreOffice, Pipewire, Mozilla, Wine

Yes have check theme compatibility and see is GTK3 also have switch to GTK3 now that work.

Thank you.

1 Like

The May 21 unstable announcement said

The [community] repository has been merged into [extra] and is now empty.

but it’s not mentioned here.
Is it all automated now?
Nothing we have to do about it?

:: mangohud and mangohud-common are in conflict. Remove mangohud-common? [y/N] y

error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
mangohud: /usr/bin/mangoapp exists in filesystem (owned by mangoapp)
mangohud: /usr/bin/mangohudctl exists in filesystem (owned by mangoapp)
mangohud: /usr/share/vulkan/implicit_layer.d/libMangoApp.x86_64.json exists in filesystem (owned by mangoapp)
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

seems like mangohud should replace both mangohud-common and mangoapp, but it missed mangoapp.

I’ve refreshed mirrors and databases multiple times and tried using mirrors from different countries but to no avail. This error keeps popping up and the entire update cannot be done.

Tried installing this package from command line but same error is thrown ie. target not found.

Please help?

1 Like

Only a minor hiccup. I used yay to update, and it said local perl-finance-quote (1.54) was newer than extra repository with 1.55 ??? When I check the current version with yay or pamac, it says 1.54 from extra, the same since May 10th. But the listing of all changes (above) shows 1.55. I have refreshed mirrors, but no change. I would like to upgrade, but the upgrade does not seem to be visible.

[SOLUTION] The ol’ uninstall-reinstall tango…

See

(909/909) checking keys in keyring                                                                       [--------------------------------------------------------------] 100%
downloading required keys...
:: Import PGP key C06086337C50773E, "Jelle van der Waa <jelle@archlinux.org>"? [Y/n] 
error: key "C06086337C50773E" could not be imported
:: Import PGP key 632C3CC0D1C9CAF6, "Balló György <bgyorgy@archlinux.org>"? [Y/n] 
error: key "632C3CC0D1C9CAF6" could not be imported
:: Import PGP key 94657AB20F2A092B, "Andreas Radke <andyrtr@archlinux.org>"? [Y/n] 
error: key "94657AB20F2A092B" could not be imported

Ouch, abandoned at this point… What’s up?

I guess I’ll try again tomorrow. Now I’m getting an annoying pamac error ‘Waiting for another package manager to quit…’ after a reboot too.

Update…

Restored a snapshot, synchronised, ran doas pacman -Syu then did pamac upgrade.

All good now, thanks guys (",)

I can’t update the system.
The error “lib32-ducktape not found” occurs. When I try to install pamac-gtk3 I get “pamac-gtk3 not found”.

…I don’t understand why you moved pamac to the damn gtk4… Manjaro gnome is the most unpopular edition. And Canonical’s policy is a dead end and annoying to the community.

Update. My upgrade went smoothly when the local mirrors updated all the packages.
And I migrated to pamac-gtk3, thanks.

1 Like

Pamac maintainer uses Gnome as most of our developers actually do. Hence we moved to GTK4 and made it more mobile friendly.

3 Likes

You can always use pamac-gtk3

2 Likes

I’ll try again tonight, thanks for the heads-up! :+1:

1 Like

Hey guys,
I cannot perform the upgrade. Even after refreshing the mirrors and database I get the following error message with “Target not found”:

Fehler: Vorgang konnte nicht erfolgreich vorbereitet werden: Ziel nicht gefunden: python-rpds-py

The package python-rpds-py is not installed on my system…

1 Like

Hello,
when I try to update with pamac, the following error message appears:

Ziel nicht gefunden: podofo-0.9

With sudo pacman -Syu the update works.
And now also pamac shows that no more updates are needed.

2 Likes

It’s quite strange - if I run “pamac update” I see a long list of what can be upgraded, but then it doesn’t install anything (without any error message). Same happens with the pamac GUI.

See:

I don’t know how I did it, but after the update I could not boot into my encrypted system. Sparse would not be allowed.

Anyway, I’ll do it again and learn.

But please, where can I find an updated ISO for mate desktop? Is there one on github? The one offered on the website is so old that after installation I have to download the same amount of data again when updating and that’s bad if you only have a mobile connection to the internet.

Translated with DeepL Translate: The world's most accurate translator (free version)

Had to reinstall texlive.

• Mangohud updating seems to be stuck. A very minor problem.
  • The new pamac UI is not respecting my KDE Plasma theme. All hail adiwata i guess. I know i can downgrade to the old version, but i dont want too. Also getting the tile view back would be nice. So you can have 3 packages next to eachother in one row and not only one.

Otherwise 500 packages updated with no problem and switched to 6.4 kernel. No very obvious problems so far.

Here is the mangohud log

pamac update --force-refresh --aur                                                                              ✔ 
Preparing...
Synchronizing package databases...
Database file for core does not exist.
Database file for extra does not exist.
Database file for community does not exist.
Database file for multilib does not exist.
Refreshing core.db...                                                                                                          
Refreshing extra.db...                                                                                                         
Refreshing community.db...                                                                                                     
Refreshing multilib.db...                                                                                                      
Database file for core does not exist.                                                                                         
Database file for extra does not exist.
Database file for community does not exist.
Database file for multilib does not exist.
Refreshing core.files...                                                                                                       
Refreshing extra.files...                                                                                                      
Refreshing community.files...                                                                                                  
Refreshing multilib.files...                                                                                                   
Refreshing AUR...                                                                                                              
Warning: manjaro-hello: local (0.7.0-6) is newer than extra (0.7.0-5)                                                          
Resolving dependencies...
Checking inter-conflicts...

To upgrade (1):
  mangohud  0.6.9.1.r68.g0ae2e42-2  (0.6.9.1.r68.g0ae2e42-1)  extra  1,3 MB

Total download size: 1,3 MB

Apply transaction ? [y/N] y
==== AUTHENTICATING FOR org.manjaro.pamac.commit ====
Authentication is required to install, update, or remove packages
Authenticating as: yep (ya)
Password: 
==== AUTHENTICATION COMPLETE ====
Transaction successfully finished.

Moderator edit: In the future, please use proper formatting: [HowTo] Post command output and file content as formatted text