[Stable Update] 2023-07-10 - Kernels, Plasma, Gnome, LibreOffice, Pipewire, Mozilla, Wine

Just updated and it came with firefox 115, but now when using the System theme - auto and Breeze Dark on kde (wayland) it has inconsistent coloring

examples when using “System theme - auto”:

• the tabs are now “black-er” than 114, but the address bar (and tools beside it) are still the old “grey-ish”
  • when firefox is not focuses the tabs revert to the grey color they had in 114 (and match with the addressbar) (and are “black-er” again once firefox is re-focused)

all of the examples are fixed when manually switching to theme Dark

2 Likes

Something strange happened to me after upgrading.

Shortly after rebooting the computer I get the update of two packages.

Preparando...
Sincronizando bases de datos de paquetes...
Aviso: manjaro-hello: la versión instalada (0.7.0-6) es más nueva que extra (0.7.0-5)
Aviso: mariadb-clients: ignorando la actualización del paquete (10.10.3-1 => 11.0.2-2)
Aviso: mariadb-libs: ignorando la actualización del paquete (10.10.3-1 => 11.0.2-2)
Resolviendo dependencias...
Verificando interconflictos...

A actualizar (2):
  libpamac                 11.5.5+1+g4dbc56a-1  (11.5.5-2)  extra  879.7 kB
  libpamac-flatpak-plugin  11.5.5+1+g4dbc56a-1  (11.5.5-1)  extra  33.8 kB

Tamaño total de la descarga: 913.4 kB

Aplicar transacción ? [s/N] s
Transacción finalizada con éxito.

I do the update, it tells me that it finishes without problems, but they appear again. As if they were never done.

It doesn’t matter if I do it from the terminal or from the GUI.

At the moment I’m not too worried about it, everything seems to be working fine. But it seems weird to me.

Big problem with this update. Trying to start Pamac completely freezes the system and needs a power cycle. This happened twice. I am using XFCE with Nouveau. I start Pamac by double-clicking the shield icon in the lower right of the screen, next to the clock. Now this freezes the mouse, disables the keyboard, and makes it impossible to type Ctrl-Alt-F2 and open a terminal for debugging. It just freezes fully.

I had two reboots and one successful start of Pamac, which was white while the rest of the system is dark-themed. Something is causing a system freeze with the theme mismatch. I intend to not start Pamac while this problem is ongoing.

From the answers above, the only solution is to downgrade Pamac to pamac-gtk3. Are there other such programs that switched GTK behind the scenes and will now freeze the system? If so, where are they listed? I will switch them to GTK3 as well so they don’t cause more freezes.

Same happened here.

Use:
sudo pacman -Syu

and it will update

2 Likes

There was a small error in libpamac. You have to update it in the terminal with sudo pacman -Syu. Afterwards, it works again.

1 Like

@Pentastarch
@Marlon85

This update introduced few problem, i could solve Steam starting error with install lib32-libudev0-shim but i still have Black Flickering with my Monitor from time to time now (heavy triggered while scrolling with my Browser, maybe related to the new nvidia drivers.

Anyone got a solution, how to fix the nvidia driver?

Edit:
@philm
The new introduced Black Flickering bug related to the newest nvidia driver:

A nvidia Developer already confirmed the issue and they are working on a bugfix.

1 Like

thanks, forgot firefox was using gtk for theming, ran on kde:

“Application Style” → “Configure GNOME/GTK Application Style” → set a different theme than current → apply → change it back to the theme before (or the one you want) → apply;

now firefox styling in “System them - auto” is consistent again

note: i do not modify the gtk settings directly

pamac-gtk on XFCE

Thanks @Kobold for the help, what steps to install lib32-libudev0-shim

You may or may not have disabled the adwaita part.
Such as the Note here:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/GTK#Themes

@Pentastarch
No steps needed, just install the package with pacman GUI, it was running instantly for me.

Edit:
Install “lib32-libudev0-shim” version 1-6 which also install “libudev0-shim” version 1-4 btw.

Maybe restart your system and try again, if you have still problems.

The same way you install any package.

Manjaro Wiki - Software Management

Already installed - reinstalled it - no change.

The client still doesn’t work - steam appears to be running - the fossilised background processes are running. Steamhelper process is zombied. The system tray icon is there, and the games run from the start menu.

Then its a different issue. Open a thread if you cant find one matching your problem.

FYI - heres what kobold was initially referring to:

Hm, I did not touch anything in this area. (I installed my host system via architect)
But if you can teach me, how to do this I would apply it the same on my test vm.
So I do not have to use gtk3.

@Pentastarch
@cscs

I only could temporary fixed Steam with that install from lib32-libudev0-shim. After i did a system restart, Steam wont no longer start again :worried:

systemd-coredump[3393]: [🡕] Process 3290 (steam) of user 1000 dumped core.

Stack trace of thread 3344:
                                                     #0  0x00000000f7a3a222 getenv (libc.so.6 + 0x3a222)
                                                     #1  0x00000000f7efca98 XkbUseExtension (libX11.so.6 + 0x98a98)
                                                     #2  0x00000000f7e8c87e XOpenDisplay (libX11.so.6 + 0x2887e)
                                                     #3  0x00000000e489e4be n/a (/home/koboldx/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steamclient.so + 0xa9e4be)
                                                     #4  0x00000000e46c76e5 n/a (/home/koboldx/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steamclient.so + 0x8c76e5)
                                                     #5  0x00000000e46e0b82 n/a (/home/koboldx/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steamclient.so + 0x8e0b82)
                                                     #6  0x00000000e489616e n/a (/home/koboldx/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steamclient.so + 0xa9616e)
                                                     #7  0x00000000e4896ad1 n/a (/home/koboldx/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steamclient.so + 0xa96ad1)
                                                     #8  0x00000000efa1c63e n/a (/home/koboldx/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/libtier0_s.so + 0x1b63e)
                                                     #9  0x00000000efa1a7a0 n/a (/home/koboldx/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/libtier0_s.so + 0x197a0)
                                                     #10 0x00000000f7a8721c n/a (libc.so.6 + 0x8721c)
                                                     #11 0x00000000f7b24a9c n/a (libc.so.6 + 0x124a9c)

Stack trace of thread 3295:
                                                     #0  0x00000000f7fc6549 __kernel_vsyscall (linux-gate.so.1 + 0x549)
                                                     #1  0x00000000f7b25263 epoll_wait (libc.so.6 + 0x125263)
                                                     #2  0x00000000eec838c6 n/a (/home/koboldx/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steamui.so + 0x10838c6)
                                                     ELF object binary architecture: Intel 80386
░░ Subject: Process 3290 (steam) dumped core
░░ Defined-By: systemd
░░ Support: https://forum.manjaro.org/c/support
░░ Documentation: man:core(5)
░░ 
░░ Process 3290 (steam) crashed and dumped core.
░░ 
░░ This usually indicates a programming error in the crashing program and
░░ should be reported to its vendor as a bug.

Any idea?

Core dump is maybe different from the linked issue.
But did you read that link? How does lib32-libnm fare ?

I just deleted and reinstalled lib32-libudev0-shim and steam works now (temporary again, till next system start).

Do you mean the other solutions?

I didnt try them out yet… Do you mean install lib32-libnm from official repo?

Thats the short and long of it, yes…
(minimum characters achieved)

EDIT:
I have now added an entry to the known issues wiki post above.

1 Like

Здравствуйте, обновился через консоль после команды sudo pacman Syu всё прошло вроде успешно,но после перезагрузки появились ещё обновления,просит править файлы,я ничего не меняю, они не обновляются выдаёт ошибку , не находит чего то там. Пожалуйста помогите. Вот эти–1)ckbcomp 2)pamac-tray-icon-plasma 3)timeshift 4)v86d
Всё это AUR.

Hello, I updated via the console after the sudo pacman Syu command, everything seemed to be successful, but after the reboot, more updates appeared, it asks me to edit the files, I don’t change anything, they don’t update, it gives an error, it doesn’t find something there. Please, help. These are – 1)ckbcomp 2)pamac-tray-icon-plasma 3)timeshift 4)v86d These are all AUR.

Moderator edit: Added English translation via Google Translate

4 Likes