[Stable Update] 2023-02-20 - Kernels, GNOME, NetworkManager, KDE Frameworks, Firefox

Seems not to be related to this update after all. I’ve booted into my “rescue” system which is at the previous level and the problem persists.
Evidently something I’ve cocked-up, rather than being related to the update.

A post was split to a new topic: Could not satisfy dependencies while updating

For those who might not have seen the blog post, I just added the following to the Recent News section:

4 Likes

I only had a minor issue updating, on a system that’s not been running since November 9 of this past year. Package “lib32-db” was holding up pamac. After Googling that issue, I see I wasn’t alone. Removing that package allowed everything to update normally, after some keyring updates.

Oh, and the latest VLC had a strange issue on the same system, where attempting to play a .mp4 video file caused an immediate application crash. Changing the Video Output to VDPAU seems to have fixed it, though the reason behind it is still a mystery to me. Oh well. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for all the hard work, Manjaro devs!

This update fixed my KDE screen locker crash on X11 issue.

3 posts were split to a new topic: GNOME still reports 43.3 and not 43.4

In addition to the lo interface NM applet is telling me random ip on DNS. I configured to use Google DNS and NM applet continues randomising the DNS IP… But If I do a cat resolv the DNS servers are the Google ones. Is it normal?

2 Likes

as mentioned here:
forum.manjaro org/t/networkdevices-missing-after-restart/134864

be aware that this update might delete all your network interfaces … they wont even show on lspci -v after a restart as soon as you used them

Actually nevermind. I just realized I was using a USB receiver to connect, not Bluetooth

A post was split to a new topic: My user password stopped working

The only issue I’ve had is with the DashtoDock extension, specifically, the setting for using the dominant color with the window indicator isn’t working. I have logged an issue with the developer here - Window counter indicators dominant color not working · Issue #1929 · micheleg/dash-to-dock · GitHub

After last update in stable branch I started having issues with windows not getting properly focused. I clicked on the title bar, any other spot of the window, nothing really worked but swapping windows with Alt+Tab. In worst scenarios I had to close the window and open it again.
I hope this gets fixed soon. Im using Manjaro Gnome.

3 Likes

Hallo miteinander, hello everybody

pamac upgrade -a
Vorbereitung...
Synchronisiere Paketdatenbanken...
https://aur.manjaro.org/packages-meta-ext-v1.json.gz: Nicht akzeptables TLS-Zertifikat
Fehler beim Synchronisieren der AUR-Datenbank

Zertifikat Serverseitig abgelaufen?
Certificate expired on Server?
I tried:
pamac update --force-refresh

No success. Any clues?

Greetings
CC

Always try to search a minimum before “reporting issues”. You’ll find MANY threads about that.

2 Likes

I know, but if a Serverside Certificate runs out, then nobody should post it here? OK. Next time i remember.
I thought someone from the Manjaro-Team could find it useful to know there is a certificate to renew.

• Sorry if i was wrong.

In the meantime everything is ok with the certificate again. So who cares anymore.

You didn’t click, and read the threads in the search I linked, did you? The issue is not that a certificate expired. Click, and read if you want to know more, too much off topic already in this thread. It has been multiple month now so you’ll find A LOT of threads about it.

1 Like

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: GNOME still reports 43.3 and not 43.4

This solved my infinite login loop on xfce4. Thanks aki42 !
Can I ask how you identified that libxfce4ui-devel was the issue ? Always something to learn…

In Element Desktop 1.8, all was working well, whereas Element Desktop 1.10 and 1.11 both forget my login information.

In addition, Element crashes when I begin typing a message in the new message field. This causes the login information to be forgotten, requiring a new login.

These bugs make Element Desktop 1.10+ unusable for me. Is this a known bug/regression?

There’s a bug report similar to what you are describing, but it is marked as “due date” and “due in version” undecided for now. FS#77258 : [element-desktop] crashes with error