[Stable Update] 2022-11-02 - Kernel, Plasma 5.26.2, Plasma Mobile Gear 22.09, LibreOffice, Virtualbox 7.0.2, Systemd, Mesa

Ce dépôt n’appartient pas à Manjaro. Si tu ne sais pas le maintenir, tu devrais l’enlever.
This repository is not Manjaro’s. If you can’t manage it, you should remove it.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Unofficial_user_repositories

Problème résolu, merci maycne.sonahoz :+1:

With this update the file ~/.pam_environment is not read anymore. The solution for me was to move the declarations to /etc/security/pam_env.conf. But I wish they didn’t disable this feature, because it is not necessary to set all the variables for all the users on my machine (it does no harm though, just unnecessary).

Didn’t work :frowning_face: third monitor still disables itself on reboot

After the update, I have a major and minor issue. The major issue is plasma panel and system tray show no icons.

Secondly, the window titles are in mono-space font, not the one set in settings.

How can these two problems be resolved?

After updating and rebooting I’m always getting after the GRUB menu a blank screen with a cursor irregularly blinking. No error message and nothing happen when trying to switch the console via Ctrl+Alt+Fn. I also tried all kernels and initramfs options from the GRUB menu but the behaviour is always the same. When switching the console with Ctrl+Alt+Fn sometime I see the login prompt for a very short time but then the black screen comes back immediately.

How can I debug this situation to find out what is going on?

P.S… I just found [HowTo] Resolve an unbootable Manjaro (black screen, login failed, cant boot, etc) so I’m trying this out…

P.P.S: I can now boot with Runlevel 3. From journalctl it seems that lightdm/mate is crashing and this seems to also make it impossible to switch to a text console.

PPPS: I found it: the problem was caused by lightdm-gtk-greeter crashing and could be fixed by rebuilding gtk3-classic from AUR. So the problem was caused by my usage of an AUR package, Manjaro update itself is working :slight_smile:

I’m sorry, but I don’t understand what you’re telling me to do. As far as I know, I can only access a GRUB command line, and chroot doesn’t work there.
Is there a thread/website that explains this process in more detail?

Edit: It was linked in the post right above me. Now I feel a little silly. Thanks anyway!

boot into live usb of manjaro, connect to internet and chroot:
manjaro-chroot -a
rerun update:
pacman-mirrors --fasttrack 5 && pacman -Syyu
if no errors reinstall kernels:
pacman -S linux515 linux60
if no errors, exit chroot:
exit
reboot and see if it helped

1 Like

everything else seems fine, but plasma keeps finding new ways to surprise. When i have a window in full screen and the monitor goes to sleep, when i return and login it is non-fullscreen and immediately maximizes back. Makes for a pretty “busy” login, but not an actual problem.

Update went good on two computers, on a third one I got an error in some python packages about existing files.

Tried --overwrite “*” but I got different errors, so I just deleted the files and then the update went trough.

I got the message “signature from “Manjaro Build Server <build_at_manjaro_dot_org>” is unknown trust” for kernel Linux515. I do not know why the new manjaro-keyring was not included in my update?
So:

sudo pacman -S manjaro-keyring
sudo pacman-key --refresh

solved it for me (many PGP errors during the refresh but non-the-less).

Update via Pamac hung up, 1/515 checking integrity. I waited for 20 mins before killing the process. After reboot, it complained about a bunch of stuff not loading, NFS etc, like 5 different things. Pacman would not work, complained about GPGME, readline shared library error.What I tried to do was extract the readline + lib32-readline from /var/cache/pacman/pkg. Extracted the .zst-file with zstd -d and then tar -xvf . Moved them to /usr/lib. I was supposed to do a pacman -Syu --overwrite readline.so.8.2 or something but I couldn’t figure it out. What I did was remove the softlink to readline 8.2 (sudo rm libreadline.so.8) and made a new one pointing to readline8.1 (sudo ln -s libreadline.so.8.1 libreadline.so.8). libhistory got the same treatment as libreadline. This way I could at least run pacman.

I refreshed keys for good measure, following Oneno’s instructions

(oneno)

Had to refresh keys before being able to update.

sudo pacman-mirrors -f0
pacman -Sy archlinux-keyring manjaro-keyring
pacman-key --populate archlinux manjaro
pacman-key --refresh-keys
pacman -Syyuw

Now I got booted into Manjaro after reboot, graphics and all. So this time I updated via terminal and all went fine. I might have set myself up for future failure.

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 22 3 nov 14.16 libreadline.so.8 → libreadline.so.8.2.bak
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 351176 26 okt 02.49 libreadline.so.8.2
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 351176 3 nov 11.15 libreadline.so.8.2.bak

I was copying files back and worth, thinking it must be the 8.2 version failing and renaming it *.bak. 8.1 version worked. The install must have made that link, I didn’t. Then again, I was sleepy and fell asleep during the pacman-key --refresh-keys part. Yeah, I don’t sleep long. Got maybe an hour in.

lost all sound output (again) from my MOTO M2 audio interface as a result of the alsa-ucm-conf upgrade from 1.2.7.1 to 1.2.8

downgrading to 1.2.7.1 + reboot fixed the issue (1.2.7.2 doesn’t work either)

I also had this issue now, and following arch wiki fixed it KDE - ArchWiki

(removing ~/.config/plasma-localerc using zsh as shell in konsole, logging out from desktop & logging back in)

1 Like

Had an issue with mouse clicks on multiple virtual screens in Virtualbox 7.0.2 with Win10 guest after update. Seems like something to do with Nvidia drivers since there were older posts with the same issue on other versions: quick workaround is to disable extra displays in the guest, fix seems to be switching pointing device type from USB tablet to PS/2 mouse in VM settings.

After update manjaro icon got changed.

Screenshot_2022-11-03_21-44-25

That’s actually Xfce’s default icon.
You can try setting Manjaro’s icon back from the launcher properties.

Hello, I am experiencing a KDE Plasma issue after some time using the computer. All the activities becomes mixed up, the apps still work, but their windows stay freezed, so it is not possible to properly see, change programas. The only thing I am quite able to do is to switch to Ctrl+Alt+F2 and reboot. So I can work for a few more hours before it happens again.

UPDATE: I had replaced plasma with the local 5.24.7 version, but the issue was still happening. So I updated back to 5.26.2. Not sure exactly the issue relies, but it started after this Stable Update 2022-11-02.

1 Like

I answered the poll…

“No issue, everything went smoothly”

…because I’m using a local KDE LTS repository with KDE 5.24.7!

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! MIC DROP!!!

:raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:

:microphone:

:running_man: :fire:

News story update:

Apparently, I tripped over an audio cable in my rush to make a dramatic exit. Looks like the joke’s on me in the near future… :cold_sweat: :point_down:

I want to formally apologize to anyone whom I may have insulted with my immature hit-and-run mic drop moment. My pride hurts like hot coals against my face.

2 Likes

Thank you so much Zeitt, you fixed the problem for me :grinning:

I just renamed the file for backup case (but wasnt needed) and restarted the OS.

I was remembering the zsh change, few month ago… where i had to changed the Terminal Setting to old school Bash again.
And i have to say, its not needed to revert it to zsh… locale issue is gone and the Terminal is working with Bash again.