[Stable Update] 2022-10-10 - Kernels, Octopi, Deepin, GlibC, Haskell, Python; Nvidia 520.56.06

Because you were using an outdated mirror.

No (if your currently chosen mirror syncs properly).

2 Likes

Some reading could be of interest, so scroll down to the bottom of this current page where it’s written “Support”…directly underneath that you’ll find “Wiki” and “Archived Forum”: they are literal mines of information - especially the latter which is a real treasure trove full of nuggets! :wink:

Update led to installation of “ceph” from AUR repos - the build of which was failing. uninstalled ceph and its dependencies and then update went smoothly.
Also pdfsam java dependency needs to be updated to the latest openjdk-jre-lts and not on openjdk-jre 11.

That’s currently available only as an AUR package. If you need to have some inputs regarding its dependencies, it’s better to direct any questions to its AUR maintainer or upstream.

Found a new issue after this update. When I close the lid of my laptop and re-open after a while. I appear to be logged out and have to log in again. A bit of a bummer that I need to re-open all my apps every time I close the lid of my laptop.

(Gnome)

A post was split to a new topic: I noticed that I’m using an unsupported kernel

My ~/.local/share/kwalletd/kwallet.kwl file just disappeared after a reboot.
Was able to restore a backed up version.

Super annoying as all wifi passwords would have been gone if not for my backup.

A post was split to a new topic: Night Light isn’t working anymore

Using i3wm.

Before all windows just had a 3 pixel border, without the title bar.
After the update (this or the previous one, I’ve skipped the last one), some windows (not all) now have an unwanted title bar.

How to get back the previous behaviour, i.e. to force windows to not have a title bar?

EDIT: I think this might be the bug: `default_border pixel` doesn't hide title bars after upgrading to 4.21 · Issue #5149 · i3/i3 · GitHub

Just discovered that OBS 28.0.3 from the official repos is core dumping as well.

1 Like

Problems open files from samba share in dolphin, get cant create a lock file.
When i add a remote service in Libreoffice i can open, change and save files.

I just noticed that LibreOffice Writer starts Minimised, and I have to manually select Maximise from the right mouse menu on App Icon in the task bar.

This happens with all the LibreOffice Apps… If they are started Maximised. which seems to be the default.

when they are started Maximised they appear to be starting with the --invisible flag set.

It is possible to gain access to the window, by specifically setting window to Maximised, using the right mouse context menu from the app icon, or by selecting the Resize option from the same menu.

if the Window is set to a size smaller than Maximised, the Window opens normally, at that size.

Ina ddition, at least on my system the LibreOffice start Centre starts as a panel, with just a list of the various app options, opening any of the appswill then also open with the same width.

I’m looking at whether this is some sort of config issue.

1 Like

7.4.2 is out in Arch repositories, I think Manjaro should push this version asap because it fixes a major problem.

I upgraded LibreOffice to 7.4.2 using downgrade with A.L.A. enabled. I confirm that the bug is gone, but the old 0-sized window was still remembered by LibreOffice. I followed this procedure:

• Open LibreOffice
  • Maximize the window, by right-clicking on the button on the Panel (i.e., application bar)
  • Grab the window by its title bar, and drop it to one side edge of the screen, so that it resizes to half the screen (apparently the window disappears, but drag the mouse pointer to the screen edge nevertheless)
  • Manually resize the window by dragging one of its borders

It would be nice to find a way to reset window size automatically, e.g. during the update process by pacman.

It is a known bug of LibreOffice 7.4.1, solved in LibreOffice 7.4.2 (already in Arch repositories). You can read my previous post.

1 Like

Hello, after the update qas mixer doesn’t work anymore.

> Cannot mix incompatible Qt library (5.15.5) with this library (5.15.6)
> Abgebrochen (Speicherabzug geschrieben)

Does anyone have an idea how i can fix it?

Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

Ok, I find the solution:

> pamac build qt5-styleplugins

now qasmixer is running again.

Thanks. No worries. I missed your previous post on this.

BTW: the setting for the Window size is stored in ~/.config/libreoffice/4/user/registrymodifications.xcu and the variable is

:name=“ooSetupFactoryWindowAttributes” oor:op=“fuse”>0,0,1,1;5;0,0,0,0;

which holds the above values when the Bug is present. Resetting that value manually to for example

:name=“ooSetupFactoryWindowAttributes” oor:op=“fuse”>0,0,1366,746;5;0,0,0,0;

lasts for one iteration, it is reset to the bug values when the window is closed.

Quite interesting really.

4 Likes

I’m having the same issue and it came with the last update of libreoffice.
My workaround is opening an empty document and, instead of “maximize”, grabbing the minimized window and resizing it. Then close libreoffice.
And afterwards it starts with the resized Window. On KDE that is.

Great discovery. There is such an <item> element for each LibreOffice program (Writer, Calc etc.), and luckily they are located in independent lines. Apparently, these items can be safely removed: next time LibreOffice starts maximized, and can be unmaximized to a visible window (at least in LO 7.4.2).

Shall we create an upgrade script that removes these items automatically?

I’m using KDE, but resizing last for only 1 iteration, after that it resets to 0,0,1,1,… etc

Yeah, that’s right one of those lines for each LibreOffice app. A script might be useful 'til 7.4.2 arrives.

2 Likes