[Stable Update] 2022-10-10 - Kernels, Octopi, Deepin, GlibC, Haskell, Python; Nvidia 520.56.06

A post was split to a new topic: After the update I am not getting to the graphical login

Timeshift GUI still crashing after this update.

2 Likes

On my system too. Creating backup with Timeshift GUI would crash and not create the backup. I tested this before update and after update. But the automated weekly backups seems to be created fine I think.

Both work like a charm on my machine. What is texstudio’s output if you try to start it in a terminal window?

very minor issue since updating, my battery status shows as charging whether or not I have the machine plugged in. Anyone else experiencing this?

This problem has been extensively described in the topic of the previous update, and other topics:

Yet, it is still not listed among the “known issues”.
The bug seems to be present for Gnome users; there was no confirmation from KDE users (afaik).

every LibreOffice file that I opened are stuck on a thin border. I must every time use context menu and
Maximize, so I can work on the document

Think it is a libreoffice bug:: https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=151004. Should get fixed in 7.4.2 that is already available at RC2 (but provided in binary form by TDF only as a deb/rpm).

1 Like

That happened to me on the last update and again here. Once I maximized it the problem was fixed, well until the next update. Still looking around the Libreoffice site for a solution. Never mind I see the bug report above. Minor annoyance anyway.

2 Likes

Yes, confirmed. You just need to use the Konsole, and do a backup manually for the time being.

1 Like

LibreOffice’s files are opening only as read-only, cause can not create a lock file for them in the samba folder. I can copy and paste files and folders, but can not create new one inside the shared folder or to edit office document.

Same problem. I also cant edit picture due to rights. i have checked /etc/samba/smb.conf and its the same before and after update.

If all else fails you could always downgrade LibreOffice temporarily until the fix is rolled out. Assuming you’ve kept the old package files…

The update went fine for me, along with kernel 6.0.0. The only hiccup was evdi not yet supporting it, but there’s a merge request for it already.

TL;DR Add this to /usr/src/evdi-1.12.0/evdi_drm_drv.h (and run dkms autoinstall):

#if KERNEL_VERSION(6, 0, 0) <= LINUX_VERSION_CODE
#include <drm/drm_framebuffer.h>
#endif

Update went great but WIFI doesn’t work for me on Kernel 6.0, but works fine on 5.19

Running inxi -Faxy on both Kernels:

on Kernel 5.19: (Working Wireless)

Network:
  Device-1: Realtek RTL810xE PCI Express Fast Ethernet vendor: Dell
    driver: r8169 v: kernel pcie: gen: 1 speed: 2.5 GT/s lanes: 1 port: e000
    bus-ID: 05:00.0 chip-ID: 10ec:8136 class-ID: 0200
  IF: enp5s0 state: down mac: 18:03:73:8d:94:2f
  Device-2: Broadcom BCM4313 802.11bgn Wireless Network Adapter vendor: Dell
    driver: wl v: kernel modules: bcma pcie: gen: 1 speed: 2.5 GT/s lanes: 1
    bus-ID: 09:00.0 chip-ID: 14e4:4727 class-ID: 0280
  IF: wlp9s0 state: up mac: 94:39:e5:d5:74:77

on Kernel 6.0: (Not working)

Network:
  Device-1: Realtek RTL810xE PCI Express Fast Ethernet vendor: Dell
    driver: r8169 v: kernel pcie: gen: 1 speed: 2.5 GT/s lanes: 1 port: e000
    bus-ID: 05:00.0 chip-ID: 10ec:8136 class-ID: 0200
  IF: enp5s0 state: down mac: 18:03:73:8d:94:2f
  Device-2: Broadcom BCM4313 802.11bgn Wireless Network Adapter vendor: Dell
    driver: N/A modules: bcma pcie: gen: 1 speed: 2.5 GT/s lanes: 1
    bus-ID: 09:00.0 chip-ID: 14e4:4727 class-ID: 0280

I noticed the driver is N/A on kernel 6.0 but I’m not sure how to fix that.

Edit: I believe linux60-broadcom-wl isn’t available yet, that’s why there is no driver for my wireless card.

1 Like

Update went smoothly, no issues. My install is very conservative, I have very few AUR apps.

Where before, when I was using Linux Mint, I needed a lot of PPAs, to keep me up to date, I’m finding that Manjaro is sufficiently up to date, not to bother with bleeding edge. So with very few exceptions, and mostly because the apps are not available in the official Repositories, most of my apps are from Official repositories.

1 Like

I’m not 100% certain this is from the latest update as it’s something I haven’t touched for quite a while, but when selecting “Application Style” in KDE’s systemsettings, the program crashes.
Running it from a terminal, I see:

QQmlEngine::setContextForObject(): Object already has a QQmlContext
file:///usr/lib/qt/qml/org/kde/kirigami.2/PlaceholderMessage.qml:239:5:QML Heading: Binding loop detected for property "verticalAlignment"
file:///usr/share/kpackage/kcms/kcm_style/contents/ui/main.qml:38:13: QML ColumnLayout: Cannot anchor to an item that isn't a parent or sibling.
Cannot mix incompatible Qt library (5.15.5) with this library (5.15.6)
KCrash: crashing... crashRecursionCounter = 2
KCrash: Application Name = systemsettings path = /usr/bin pid = 4368
KCrash: Arguments: /usr/bin/systemsettings
KCrash: Attempting to start /usr/lib/drkonqi
zsh: suspended (signal)  systemsettings

Though it’s not clear what package is at 5.15.5, as pacman -Qe | grep 5.15.5 doesn’t return anything.

[Edit]: solved. This turned out to be due to having qt5-styleplugins installed (for some reason) from AUR. I seem to remember some mention of that package being a problem in an earlier update. Removing it solves the problem.

Since previous stable update and not solved in this one, using KDE and display scale 200%: the mouse cursor changes from Breeze 48 points to a small (default?) cursor and back while moving over tabs in Firefox or while context clicking (right button) in Nemo (and maybe other non - KDE applications).

1 Like

What if you do pacman -Qs qt5 | grep 5.15.5? Does that give a hit?

Nothing, unfortunately. Very puzzling…

Sure is, as that would list every qt5 package you have installed and then grep for version 5.15.5.

Do you have any packages held back for some reason?

(Because the 2022-10-05 topic was closed, I am posting here.)
I updated today the 2022-10-05 and 2022-10-10 stable updates, everything ok (except Timeshift GUI, but CLI it’s working well).
Only issue is about Python 2. I am coding with Python 3, but never installed v. 2, and in the 2022-10-05 update Python 2 was removed from repositories.
But right now I have one update to do, that is Python 2 from AUR. When I tried to uninstall Python 2, it gived me the error:
“remove python2 break dependency ‘python2’ required by python2-wxpython3”.
Can I remove python2-wxpython3 too? Or it’s better keep it here?