[Stable Update] 2022-10-10 - Kernels, Octopi, Deepin, GlibC, Haskell, Python; Nvidia 520.56.06

Great discovery. There is such an <item> element for each LibreOffice program (Writer, Calc etc.), and luckily they are located in independent lines. Apparently, these items can be safely removed: next time LibreOffice starts maximized, and can be unmaximized to a visible window (at least in LO 7.4.2).

Shall we create an upgrade script that removes these items automatically?

I’m using KDE, but resizing last for only 1 iteration, after that it resets to 0,0,1,1,… etc

Yeah, that’s right one of those lines for each LibreOffice app. A script might be useful 'til 7.4.2 arrives.

2 Likes

Strange, here it keeps the values of manually resizing for any start.
But anyway as @lallulli wrote this is already fixed for the next version.

I have a script that works for me on a KDE desktop.

#!/bin/bash

grep -v "ooSetupFactoryWindowAttributes" registrymodifications.xcu > tmpfile && mv tmpfile registrymodifications.xcu

if [[ $1 == "" ]]
then
    libreoffice &
else
    libreoffice --$1 &
fi

I named the script clearwindowsettings.sh, it’s currently in the ~/.config/libreoffice/4/userfolder

I just replaced the menu command with

~/.config/libreoffice/4/user/clearwindowsettings.sh <libreoffice app name>

I passed in no parm for the LO Start Centre

So now until 7.4.2 is available my LO apps load properly.

3 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Experiencing crashes with kernel 6.0

With the update to gtkhash + gtkhash-nemo v1.5-1 [→ stable update 2022-10-05] the digest/checksum tab disappeared from the file properties, as I only noticed today.
Since four different Manjaro Cinnamon machines in my sphere are affected by this, it seems to be a systematic issue.

Downgrading to v1.4-6 fixes the problem for now.

Fixed with 1.5-2 coming along shortly.

Over the past few days I have had a particularly confusing problem with Manjaro upgrades in which, every time I update, several programs stop working, complaining about locale problems. I am aware of the usual solutions to locale problems but none that I used were of any use in solving the problem. I therefore used timeshift to restore to a working system and then tried to figure out what had changed. It wasn’t easy, but I finally got to the solution. All upgrades to glibc (in my case 2.36.4 to 2.36.6) are deleting and not replacing the file ‘usr/lib/locale/locale-archive’. On my system multiple programs stop functioning without that file. My workround was to make a copy of the file with a different name, then update glibc and then rename the copy back to the original name. I don’t know if this behaviour is by design or mistake, but it needs to be addressed in either case.

I couldn’t find anything online about this relating to Manjaro, but this Fedora page describes the problem in detail although the solutions are obviously Fedora related as well and not relevant to Manjaro:

BTW I am travelling at the moment and may not be able to reply to this post for a while due unreliable internet connections.

A small change to my script, so that documents can be selected and opened direct from the filesystem.

if [[ $1 == "" ]]
then
    libreoffice &
else
    libreoffice --${1+"$@"} &
fi

I also have a mouse cursor bug and it changed forth and back… i normally use a white mouse cursor but it changed to a smaller black cursor. But not when i hover above Tabs in firefox, when i open some context menus in firefox (but not all context menus) and it really depends on the menus also sometimes it only showed on the first click in firefox, its not reliable (strange temporary) in Firefox.

I also have the same black mouse cursor when i minimize Veracrypt and rightclick on the icon in the Taskbar and there it is to 100%… always a little black mouse cursor.

I had the same issue and found the following solution by a web search.

open /usr/share/icons/default/index.theme in a text editor
change Inherits=xcursor-breeze
to: Inherits=breeze_cursors

You have to use the folder names of the cursor theme that you want to specify.

3 Likes

New Kernel versions are out that fix the RCO and DOS vulnerabilities in the WiFi stack published on Wednesday. They can be exploited over the air, so better update to 6.0.2, 5.19.16, 5.15.74, 5.10.148, or 5.4.218 soon!

12 Likes

I just want to give a heads-up that I’m switching from kernel 6.0 back to kernel 5.19. I use Ubuntu Snaps. And I am having an issue. When I try to launch my snap, I receive this error:

pwsh: /snap/core20/current/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libdl.so.2: unsupported version 
0 of Verdef record
pwsh: error while loading shared libraries: /snap/core20/current/lib/x86_64-linu
x-gnu/libdl.so.2: unsupported version 0 of Verneed record

My uptime was a few days before I noticed a problem. But, while searching, others reported problems after a few hours.

There seems to be a related kernel thread.

I guess we’re waiting for kernel patch.

Regards,

The issue Timeshift-gtk dumps core is now fixed by Yochanan.
“The issue should be fixed with 22.06.5-3 coming along shortly.”

3 Likes

Thanks! That solved it.

A post was split to a new topic: After latest update, boot time takes ages

The layout change works, but the cursor still has the wrong size, it is much to small :thinking:

Please have a look at:

System SettingsAppearanceCursors

At the bottom you can adjust the size.

This isnt changing the size about the gtk cursor, or how should we call this mouse cursor bug?

This menu is for the size from the normal mouse cursor that i always have befor this bug appears.

Edit: I also have to add, that i have a differend mouse size with your fix only on my Laptop,
with my PC i have no differend mouse cursor sizes, both using the same Theme btw. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: