[Stable Update] 2022-10-05 - Kernels, Systemd, AMDVLK, Deepin, Pamac, QEMU, Thunderbird, Firefox, 0 A.D., Gradience, Linux Firmware, WINE, GNOME, Pipewire

After update i3wm (i3-gaps) started showing titlebars although I am using “pixel” border style.

I am aware that new_window and new_float were deprecated (i3: i3 User’s Guide) and have been replaced related commands in .config/i3/config file with:

default_border pixel 1
default_floating_border normal

But to no avail. After update I have restarted window manager, but it has changed nothing. Restarting computer also had no impact.

Window specific rules work fine. For example:

for_window [class="GParted"] floating enable border pixel 1

I am also able to change borders by sending command to i3-msg. For example:

> i3-msg border pixel 1

I have checked .xsession-errors for any related errors, but nothing related pops up

“manjaro-pulse and pipewire-jack are in conflict” error. Removed manjaro-pulse and it is updating now

A package conflict is preventing my KDE system from updating:

sudo pacman -Syyu                                                                                                             ✔ 
:: Synchronizing package databases...
 core                                                    164.6 KiB  1176 KiB/s 00:00 [#################################################] 100%
 extra                                                  1848.4 KiB  10.0 MiB/s 00:00 [#################################################] 100%
 community                                                 7.4 MiB  12.5 MiB/s 00:01 [#################################################] 100%
 multilib                                                175.6 KiB  3.99 MiB/s 00:00 [#################################################] 100%
:: Starting full system upgrade...
:: Replace at-spi2-atk with extra/at-spi2-core? [Y/n] Y
:: Replace atk with extra/at-spi2-core? [Y/n] Y
:: Replace lib32-at-spi2-atk with multilib/lib32-at-spi2-core? [Y/n] Y
:: Replace lib32-atk with multilib/lib32-at-spi2-core? [Y/n] Y
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...
error: unresolvable package conflicts detected
error: failed to prepare transaction (conflicting dependencies)
:: manjaro-pulse and pipewire-x11-bell are in conflict

Updating Manjaro Gnome went fine, this is only happening on my KDE installation.

Solved by removing the manjaro-pulse package, installing the update and then reinstalling the manjaro-pulse package.

Both, my KDE and Gnome installation had the problem that after installing the update the “ceph-libs” package coudn’t be updated. I didn’t install this package on my own. Building the update would take forever until the drive went out of disk space. Solved this be deleting /var/tmp and /var/cache and removing the ceph-libs package.

Yep. The same issue with ceph

A post was split to a new topic: Required key missing from keyring

You can run it with the --no-sandbox parameter

I got this warning:
fgrep: warning: fgrep is obsolescent; using grep -F

I had this one too. qemu-block-rbd allows qemu to use a ceph backing store, I believe it’s an optional dependency. If, like me, you’re not using a ceph backing store with qemu you can safely remove it and ceph-lib.

1 Like

I just started Sublime Text and had an error from package control (Sublime plugin manager) about Locale not being set.

Opened up manjaro settings app and checked Locale - sure enough, nothing is set.

Have installed en_GB.UTF-8 but am wondering if I also need plain en_GB…

Nothing depends on pipewire-x11-bell and it’s an optional dependency of pipewire. No need for it if you’re using pulseaudio.

2 Likes

Try…

for_window [class=".*"] border pixel 1

My guess is that it got installed when I tried out manjaro-pipewire but found out that it doesn’t work as stable as JACK with interrupt-based drivers so I switched back to JACK and manjaro-pulse. It seems that when uninstalling manjaro-pipewire, the dependency to the bell-package isn’t being removed.

pipewire-x11-bell is an optional dependency of manjaro-pipewire. It’s up to the user to install it if needed or remove it if it’s not. I recently made some changes to manjaro-pulse & manjaro-pipewire including adding the conflict. That’s why you only encountered it with this update.

As a temporary solution this does work. But I have noticed that after setting it like this, that “File Open” dialogs look strange without title bar. So I guess my desire would be to set default_floating_border to normal (I’ll edit my original post to reflect this).

work now with that, thank !

i also get
xdg-desktop-portal-kde : This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized etc.
i’ve seen quit a few recent reports in Arch and elsewhere,

so far it doesn’t bother me and i’m not completly sure what it should affect.

1 Like

after this update plasma seems to no longer lag but it still has a small delay before showing me all desktops when i use hot corner. i dont have any delay in settings

Yes, I have read something on the link below, but no medicine for this till now, from what I understood.
Only one guy from that post after uninstalled the xdg-desktop-portal has get rid of the errors, but I don’t know what is the drawback doing this way.

Blockquote
I just noticed that uninstalling ‘xdg-desktop-portal’ package fixes this. So if I install only ‘xdg-desktop-portal-kde’ everything works.

You can read the full post there:
https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=279527

1 Like

The issue was caused by update some QT packages

Here: Bug 458865

2 Likes