You can use other versions if you are connecting to an older samba server 3.0 still goes back to windows 8 so it has been around for awhile and most NAS drives, etc are should be using and will probably work in most cases. If not just try the lower versions until you find one that works. Here is a little snipit I found awhile back explaining the versions and what version of windows used them.
vers=3.0 is SMB3 i.e. Windows 8, Windows Server 2012
vers=2.1 is SMB2_10 i.e. Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2
vers=2.0 is SMB2_02 i.e. Vista SP1, Windows Server 2008
vers=1.0 is NT1 i.e. Windows 95, NT 4.0
$ sudo pamac upgrade -a
Warnung: Pakete als dynamischer Benutzer bauen
Warnung: Konfiguriere Build-Verzeichnis /var/cache/pamac
Aktualisierung von extra.db...
Aktualisierung von community.db...
Aktualisierung von AUR...
Überprüfe kde-servicemenus-rootactions Abhängigkeiten...
Warnung: libcpuid: Lokale Version (0.5.1.r10.g7a580fd-1) ist neuer als community (0.5.1-2)
Abhängigkeiten werden aufgelöst...
Interne Konflikte werden überprüft...
Zu aktualisieren (1):
inxi 184.108.40.206-1 (220.127.116.11-1) community 315,6 kB
Zu erstellen (1):
kde-servicemenus-rootactions 2.9.1-2 (2.9.1-1) AUR
Download-Größe gesamt: 315,6 kB
Gesamtgröße installiert: 5,5 kB
Somthing from KDE went to AUR?
Audio in Discord stopped working after upgrading. I’m using pipewire for audio; KDE. Audio is fine in all other software, including Steam + Proton. Rolling back (using TimeShift) fixes the issue. Deleting $HOME/.config/discord has not fixed it. I’ll follow up if I find a solution.
I found that uninstalling EasyEffects solved the issue, though this isn’t going to be a solution for anyone who regularly uses EasyEffects.
Before uninstalling EasyEffects, my system got into a state which caused other programs to lose sound as well. I found that they were always using EasyEffects as the default audio device and required switching to the real audio device each time the program started to resolve this. This didn’t seem to work with Discord, though I’d need to reinstall EasyEffects and retest to determine if the result is consistent.
I have just noticed under Manjaro Cinnamon that after this update rabbitvcs no longer works in Nemo, at least as far as Subversion is concerned. Although the Subversion context menu entries are still displayed correctly by rabbitvcs-nemo, the corresponding svn commands are apparently not executed.
Affected are rabbitvcs and rabbitvcs-nemo in version 0.18+55+ga9b4922-1. After downgrading to the previous version 0.18+40+g88d6c36-1 all Nemo context menu entries work again as expected.
Thanks for the information, but unfortunately it doesn’t work for me. A lot of times it will not auto mount, but sometimes it will (8 of 10 atm, it will not auto mount). So the same situation as before .
Is your Computer connected to the Network by Wifi or Ethernet? With Wifi to find the Accesspoint can have a dellay. Then the Networkshare will not be found at Boottime. I have let it to use the cifs-tools. Just use Dolphin to setup a Network-Share.
If you like to use the cifs-tools, you can create a cronjob.
pacman -S cronie
systemctl enable cronie
Anyone else having bluetooth wakeup issues after standby? I used to have AutoEnable=yes to resolve this. Since bluez 5.65 they have AutoEnable=yes by default and suddenly bluetooth wakes up no more after standby. I have to systemd restart bluetooth to make it work again. Bluetooth is so flaky on linux. Really annoying.
I’m also using the XFCE variant and I believe I had a similar issue to yours when upgrading recently. Instead of rebooting after the update, I put the PC to sleep as I had an open document I was writing. And of course, on that day, I didn’t save the document before putting the PC to sleep.
When I returned and turned it on, after typing my password and pressing enter in LightDM, the password input box became disabled/unresponsive to input. In my case, when attempting to login via TTY, I was also shocked to find out my user account had been locked and that I had to wait 10 minutes to login again!
Luckily, after a harrowing 10 minutes were up, I was able to login via TTY… but still not into the desktop where my unsaved document was still open. After some searches on my phone, I found a command which I entered into the TTY:
This allowed me to get back to the desktop (Ctrl+Alt+F7) with all my windows/applications where I had left them, without needing to go through LightDM or rebooting.
Regarding the upgrade outputs, I think you should be able to see details of upgraded packages in /var/log/pacman.log
One of the last 3 updates caused my video playback in mpv/celluloid and other places to start stuttering. And audio occasionally went out of sync from picture. Exploring problem led to seeing a lot of such messages in dmesg:
[78365.348127] snd_hda_intel 0000:31:00.4: Too many BDL entries: buffer=2304000, period=1152000
[78365.348607] snd_hda_intel 0000:31:00.4: Too many BDL entries: buffer=2304000, period=1152000
[78365.349045] snd_hda_intel 0000:31:00.4: Too many BDL entries: buffer=2304000, period=76800
[78365.349647] snd_hda_intel 0000:31:00.4: Too many BDL entries: buffer=3456000, period=1152000
[78365.350357] snd_hda_intel 0000:31:00.4: Too many BDL entries: buffer=4194048, period=2097024
[78365.351170] snd_hda_intel 0000:31:00.4: Too many BDL entries: buffer=2304000, period=1152000
[78365.353481] snd_hda_intel 0000:31:00.4: Too many BDL entries: buffer=2304000, period=1152000
[78365.354440] snd_hda_intel 0000:31:00.4: Too many BDL entries: buffer=2304000, period=76800
[78365.356231] snd_hda_intel 0000:31:00.4: Too many BDL entries: buffer=3456000, period=1152000
[78365.356919] snd_hda_intel 0000:31:00.4: Too many BDL entries: buffer=4194048, period=2097024