[Stable Update] 2022-08-16 - Glibc with EAC fix, Nextcloud, KDE-git, Cinnamon, Haskell, Python

Today i mentioned this:

$ sudo pamac upgrade -a
Warnung: Pakete als dynamischer Benutzer bauen
Warnung: Konfiguriere Build-Verzeichnis /var/cache/pamac
Vorbereitung...
Synchronisiere Paketdatenbanken...
Aktualisierung von extra.db...                                                                                                                              
Aktualisierung von community.db...                                                                                                                          
Aktualisierung von AUR...                                                                                                                                   
Überprüfe kde-servicemenus-rootactions Abhängigkeiten...                                                                                                    
Warnung: libcpuid: Lokale Version (0.5.1.r10.g7a580fd-1) ist neuer als community (0.5.1-2)
Abhängigkeiten werden aufgelöst...
Interne Konflikte werden überprüft...

Zu aktualisieren (1):
  inxi                          3.3.21.1-1  (3.3.20.1-1)  community  315,6 kB
Zu erstellen (1):
  kde-servicemenus-rootactions  2.9.1-2     (2.9.1-1)     AUR

Download-Größe gesamt: 315,6 kB
Gesamtgröße installiert: 5,5 kB

Somthing from KDE went to AUR?
(kde-servicemenus-rootactions)

Purge or build?

:point_down:

No, root menu items isn’t KDE - it’s a cheat :wink: but it seems okay, I upgraded yesterday and it’s fine.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Kann Datenbank nicht sperren

Audio in Discord stopped working after upgrading. I’m using pipewire for audio; KDE. Audio is fine in all other software, including Steam + Proton. Rolling back (using TimeShift) fixes the issue. Deleting $HOME/.config/discord has not fixed it. I’ll follow up if I find a solution.

I found that uninstalling EasyEffects solved the issue, though this isn’t going to be a solution for anyone who regularly uses EasyEffects.

Before uninstalling EasyEffects, my system got into a state which caused other programs to lose sound as well. I found that they were always using EasyEffects as the default audio device and required switching to the real audio device each time the program started to resolve this. This didn’t seem to work with Discord, though I’d need to reinstall EasyEffects and retest to determine if the result is consistent.

Hi everyone,

I have just noticed under Manjaro Cinnamon that after this update rabbitvcs no longer works in Nemo, at least as far as Subversion is concerned. Although the Subversion context menu entries are still displayed correctly by rabbitvcs-nemo, the corresponding svn commands are apparently not executed.

Affected are rabbitvcs and rabbitvcs-nemo in version 0.18+55+ga9b4922-1. After downgrading to the previous version 0.18+40+g88d6c36-1 all Nemo context menu entries work again as expected.

Thanks in advance for diving into it. :slightly_smiling_face:

Have a nice day,
//rj

I also noticed issues I didn’t catch before. You’ll see 1:0.18+40+g88d6c36-1 coming along soon.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Lightdm not running after fresh Manjaro Cinnamon install

For the record:

In the first ~3-5 days after the update Solaar keeps reporting that my Logitech MX Master 3 has a battery of 4% despite it’s (re)charged shorter than a hour ago.

However last days it does not report that anymore despite I did not recharge that wireless mouse for days if not a whole week.

Not sure if it’s something with the kernel or not. But it’s a phenomenon to keep in mind :man_shrugging:t2:

Thanks for the information, but unfortunately it doesn’t work for me. A lot of times it will not auto mount, but sometimes it will (8 of 10 atm, it will not auto mount). So the same situation as before :frowning: .

Is your Computer connected to the Network by Wifi or Ethernet? With Wifi to find the Accesspoint can have a dellay. Then the Networkshare will not be found at Boottime. I have let it to use the cifs-tools. Just use Dolphin to setup a Network-Share.

If you like to use the cifs-tools, you can create a cronjob.

su -u
pacman -S cronie
systemctl enable cronie
crontab -e

In the crontab type in this

@reboot sleep 20 && mount -a

20 Seconds after boot it run the command mount -a

1 Like

Ethernet, it used to work all the time though, but after this update…

A post was split to a new topic: Been a long while…

Why to use that and not Libva?

Anyone else having bluetooth wakeup issues after standby? I used to have AutoEnable=yes to resolve this. Since bluez 5.65 they have AutoEnable=yes by default and suddenly bluetooth wakes up no more after standby. I have to systemd restart bluetooth to make it work again. Bluetooth is so flaky on linux. Really annoying.

4 Likes

Yes. Having to restart after wake from suspend. Small thing but my garuda install doesn’t have this problem

Nope.

Please create a #support topic for further troubleshooting.

Maybe you don’t have The Knack for it… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

M-M-M-My Garuda
Ohhhhh My Garuda

I’m also using the XFCE variant and I believe I had a similar issue to yours when upgrading recently. Instead of rebooting after the update, I put the PC to sleep as I had an open document I was writing. And of course, on that day, I didn’t save the document before putting the PC to sleep.

When I returned and turned it on, after typing my password and pressing enter in LightDM, the password input box became disabled/unresponsive to input. In my case, when attempting to login via TTY, I was also shocked to find out my user account had been locked and that I had to wait 10 minutes to login again!

Luckily, after a harrowing 10 minutes were up, I was able to login via TTY… but still not into the desktop where my unsaved document was still open. After some searches on my phone, I found a command which I entered into the TTY:

loginctl unlock-sessions

This allowed me to get back to the desktop (Ctrl+Alt+F7) with all my windows/applications where I had left them, without needing to go through LightDM or rebooting.

Regarding the upgrade outputs, I think you should be able to see details of upgraded packages in /var/log/pacman.log

1 Like

One of the last 3 updates caused my video playback in mpv/celluloid and other places to start stuttering. And audio occasionally went out of sync from picture. Exploring problem led to seeing a lot of such messages in dmesg:

[78365.348127] snd_hda_intel 0000:31:00.4: Too many BDL entries: buffer=2304000, period=1152000
[78365.348607] snd_hda_intel 0000:31:00.4: Too many BDL entries: buffer=2304000, period=1152000
[78365.349045] snd_hda_intel 0000:31:00.4: Too many BDL entries: buffer=2304000, period=76800
[78365.349647] snd_hda_intel 0000:31:00.4: Too many BDL entries: buffer=3456000, period=1152000
[78365.350357] snd_hda_intel 0000:31:00.4: Too many BDL entries: buffer=4194048, period=2097024
[78365.351170] snd_hda_intel 0000:31:00.4: Too many BDL entries: buffer=2304000, period=1152000
[78365.353481] snd_hda_intel 0000:31:00.4: Too many BDL entries: buffer=2304000, period=1152000
[78365.354440] snd_hda_intel 0000:31:00.4: Too many BDL entries: buffer=2304000, period=76800
[78365.356231] snd_hda_intel 0000:31:00.4: Too many BDL entries: buffer=3456000, period=1152000
[78365.356919] snd_hda_intel 0000:31:00.4: Too many BDL entries: buffer=4194048, period=2097024

Solution that seems to work for now I found here - [SOLVED]Pulseaudio default sample rate and Creative Sounblaster ZXR / Multimedia and Games / Arch Linux Forums
or more precisely link from there to here:
PulseAudio/Troubleshooting - ArchWiki
points 4.3.1, 4.3.3 and 4.3.4.

1 Like