[Stable Update] 2022-07-21 - Cinnamon 5.4, Kodi Game-Addons, Pipewire 0.3.56, KDE-Git

I got the same message. I have solved by clicking on 3 points and then “refresh databases”.

grass can be compiled using the official python-wxpython now (may have some glitches though), so you can modify the PKGBUILD of grass to build it.
The package python-wxpython-dev can be built on my side, so need more people for troubleshooting. Please visit the AUR page and report the issue there.

You indeed need to do so from the Browse or Installed tab instead of the Update tab.

1 Like
$ openrct2
openrct2: symbol lookup error: openrct2: undefined symbol: _ZN9benchmark10InitializeEPiPPc

What does it do the final “w”?

This from man pacman:

UPGRADE OPTIONS (APPLY TO -S AND -U)
       -w, --downloadonly
           Retrieve all packages from the server, but do not install/upgrade
           anything.
-w, --downloadonly

Hi guys,
I’ve apply the update today and my Bluetooth, one of my USB port and also a LAN and USB hub from a Type C hub 3.1 - HDMI, LAN, USB stops working. Only HDMI works from that hub.
The machine is HP Probook 455 G7 with Ryzen 7 4700U.
Any suggestions how to fix them ?
P.S>
Okay that was strange.
I’ve switch to my Windows to check if everything if working there. And everything works fine. After taht restart to Manjaro again and all the posrts working fine.
So the problem was solved magically :slight_smile: Sorry for the spam, but if someone want logs write me back what to post and to check them.

it’s easy to add option h for to get help :wink: (or use man)

pacman -Sh
 pamac update -h
 pamac install -h

I did try changing the URL in the buildfile to the one from the AUR instead of the wxpython one. This got me as far as cloning the files and setting up the transaction.

Then, however, I get:
could not satisfy dependencies:

• removing wxgtk3-dev breaks dependency ‘wxgtk3-dev’ required by python-wxpython-dev

Update: I figured I could just remove grass altogether, but I get the same error and can’t remove it.

Remove the package first, and then install it again. It already changed the dependency to wxwidgets-gtk3.

A post was split to a new topic: Thanks for all the kodi libretro addons

Since this update (or the previous one) Manjaro Gnome on my Intel NUC running kernel 5.15.55-1 goes into airplane mode by itself. It seems to happen after reboot and sometimes after the screen has been locked. Is this a known issue? Or can I disable airplane mode all together? As I don’t need it in my setup.

The only thing that I found when searching for _ZN9benchmark10InitializeEPiPPc is this two year old issue: libbenchmark_main.a doesn't contain main() function with -DBENCHMARK_ENABLE_LTO=true · Issue #1070 · google/benchmark · GitHub

Anybody else experiencing this? How to fix it?

Thanks. Took a couple of attempts, but I’ve now succeeded in removing grass. I’m going to live without it for now, I’ll tackle that if I really need it.

Much appreciate the help. :grinning:

Hi, since last update I’m experiencing some screechy sounds in my system. I think they are mostly random, but in some cases, they occur at system startup, or when starting a movie, song, or a video on internet. I don’t know where or what to search, so I’m completely lost. I use alsa as my sound system.
EDIT: I also noticed that the screech appears whenever a floating notification appears (I’m using Cinnamon).
Thanks in advance

When upgrading Manjaro MATE, I get the following errors:

error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)

libsbsms: /usr/include/sbsms.h exists in filesystem (owned by sbsms)

libsbsms: /usr/lib/libsbsms.so exists in filesystem (owned by sbsms)

libsbsms: /usr/lib/pkgconfig/sbsms.pc exists in filesystem (owned by sbsms)

Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.
``

What should I do about this?

Update (2 hours later): The updates proceeded if I ignore the audacity upgrade.

sudo pamac update --ignore audacity
warning: audacity: ignoring package upgrade (1:2.4.1-9 => 1:3.1.3-1)

So my audacity is now stuck at version 2.4.

A post was split to a new topic: Menu is now placed wrongly in the middle of desktop

I don’t use Manjaro, but I just experienced exactly this problem in Arch Linux. The problem is also described in the following OpenRCT2 issue: openrct2 won't start in archlinux with benchmark 1.6.2-1 · Issue #17596 · OpenRCT2/OpenRCT2 · GitHub

It can be worked around by downgrading to benchmark-1.6.1-2, which I can confirm.

1 Like