[Stable Update] 2022-06-24 - Kernels, KDE Frameworks, Cinnamon 5.4, Qt5, Gstreamer, Haskell, Python

Hello community,

Another stable branch update with some usual updates for you. This is the first point-release to our new Manjaro 21.3 Ruah Release Series.

Don’t miss out on Free Shipping of all our Merch this weekend! Visit one of our stores

• Some of our Kernels got updated
  • KDE Frameworks is now at 5.95.0
  • Cinnamon 5.4 got added. Note: Themes, Applets, Desklets and Extensions created by third-party developers may not work yet. You may want to disable them before you do the update.
  • There was an update to Qt5 which needed some rebuilds. Report any issues with this.
  • Gstreamer got renewed to 1.20.3
  • Regular Haskell and Python updates

Additional Info

Info about AUR packages

:warning: AUR (Arch User Repository) packages are neither supported by Arch nor Manjaro. Posts about them in Announcement topics are off-topic and will be flagged, moved or removed without warning.

:information_source: You may need to rebuild any AUR packages that install files to site-packages …

Get our latest daily developer images now from Github: Plasma, GNOME, XFCE. You get the latest stable releases of Manjaro from CDN77.

Our current supported kernels

• linux419 4.19.248
  • linux54 5.4.200
  • linux510 5.10.124
  • linux515 5.15.49
  • linux517 5.17.15 (EOL)
  • linux518 5.18.6
  • linux519 5.19-rc3
  • linux515-rt 5.15.44_rt46
  • linux518-rt 5.18.0_rt11

Package Changes (Wed Jun 22 22:50:40 CEST 2022)

• stable community x86_64: 1551 new and 1535 removed package(s)
  • stable core x86_64: 30 new and 30 removed package(s)
  • stable extra x86_64: 486 new and 484 removed package(s)
  • stable kde-unstable x86_64: 240 new and 240 removed package(s)
  • stable multilib x86_64: 36 new and 36 removed package(s)

A detailed list of all changes can be found here.

• No issue, everything went smoothly
  • Yes there was an issue. I was able to resolve it myself.(Please post your solution)
  • Yes i am currently experiencing an issue due to the update. (Please post about it)

0 voters

Check if your mirror has already synced:

21 Likes

Known issues and solutions

:information_source: This is a wiki post; please edit as necessary.
:star: Please, consider subscribing to the Stable Updates Announcements RSS feed

Please don’t post to say everything was great on my side or yes, I have the same error but leave the space for people having issues, or even better: for people having solutions!
Use :beer: :coffee: :heart: instead to let us know you’re suffering from the same so we can respond to the highest impacted issues first! :unicorn: :rainbow: :question:

:arrow_right: 2022-06-24

2022-06-12

Akonadi (KMail / Kontact / KOrganizer...) fails to start
touch ~/.local/share/akonadi/db_data/ib_logfile0
akonadictl start
mariadb-upgrade --defaults-file=~/.local/share/akonadi/mysql.conf --socket=/run/user/$(id -u)/akonadi/mysql.socket
Locale file changes

C.UTF8 locale is now included in glibc:

Credits @diabonas for this change. Systemd wants us to include C.UTF8 by default and it seems the locale may be in included by glibc upstream in the future. To fix building and avoid nasty fixing in devtools, we include the locale in the package. See systemd/systemd#23252 (comment) FS#74864 : [systemd] >= 251 breaks devtools' locale

There is a pacsave for /etc/locale.conf as it has been removed from the filesystem package. /etc/locale.conf will automatically be restored if it did not already exist.

There is a pacnew for /etc/locale.gen. Please review it and regenerate your locale if necessary.

2022-05-13

Chromium / Google Chrome cannot save files to most folders (GNOME and Xfce)

This is an upstream bug with the package xdg-desktop-portal-gnome

In the meantime, you can try to remove the package xdg-desktop-portal-gnome (if feasible, without any dependency issues or conflicts), or wait for the bug to be fixed upstream.

Without any xdg-desktop-portal-* packages, Chromium and Google Chrome should correctly detect the environment and present either KDialog (KDE) or GTK file picker (GNOME, Xfce) upon saving and downloading files.

An alternative workaround, for now, is to intentionally click on the filename field, and then press Enter to save / download the file.

GNOME 42: theming and COSMIC packages changes, Bluetooth disabled by default
libkipi: Pamac fails to build the package from AUR
  • libkipi is a deprecated dependency for some KDE applications, and has been moved to AUR.
  • When using Pamac graphically, you can disable the update for libkipi, before removing it from your system.
  • When using Pamac from the terminal, you can proceed the update in multiple steps:
pamac upgrade --no-aur
pamac remove libkipi
pamac upgrade --aur
Timeshift: new rsync snapshots do not show
Wine: cannot be built locally

2022-05-10

QEMU >= 7.0.0 changes split package setup

2022-05-09 - David Runge

With the update to qemu 7.0.0 the package has been turned into a more fine grained split package utilizing meta packages.

• The qemu package is now virtually provided by the meta packages qemu-base, qemu-desktop and qemu-full.
  • The functionality of qemu prior to 7.0.0 is replaced by qemu-desktop
  • The functionality of qemu-headless is replaced by qemu-base
  • The functionality of qemu-arch-extra and qemu-headless-arch-extra is replaced by qemu-emulators-full
  • The meta package qemu-full provides all QEMU related packages (excluding qemu-guest-agent)

2022-04-15

KeePassXC auto-type does not work

Upgrading KeePassXC from version 2.6.6 to 2.7.0 partially breaks the “auto-type” function. This is fixed upstream in version 2.7.1.

In in the meantime, to have it behave (and work) as it did with version 2.6.6, change the following option:

Tools → Settings → General → Auto-Type → uncheck “Always ask before performing Auto-Type”

Version 2.7.1, which did not make it into this batch of Stable Updates, works correctly, even with the above option enabled.

Desktop Icons (DING) Gnome extention and File Previews stop working due to a crash in sushi.

This has been fixed upstream in sushi version 41.2. To restore functionality you can manually upgrade.

sudo pacman -U https://archive.archlinux.org/packages/s/sushi/sushi-41.2-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst

2022-03-14

Cannot mix incompatible Qt library (5.15.2) with this library (5.15.3)
  • Check the mirror you use is up to date:
sudo pacman-mirrors -f 5 && sudo pacman -Syyu 
  • If you use qt5-styleplugins (AUR), rebuild or remove it:
pamac build qt5-styleplugins
DSL/PPPoE may require downgrading 2 packages

First please check if new bugfix version 1.36.2-1.0 of NetworkManager improves things.

If it does not, downgrade to 1.34.0 (and restart network manager after) :

sudo pacman -U https://archive.archlinux.org/packages/l/libnm/libnm-1.34.0-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst https://archive.archlinux.org/packages/n/networkmanager/networkmanager-1.34.0-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst

Bug report: FS#73948 - networkmanager 1.36.0 breaks DSL connection

Older dicussion: my-internet-connection-is-no-longer-working

mangohud (AUR) prevents Wine/Proton applications from starting
  • Consider disabling the mangohud overlay until the bug is fixed upstream.
VPN via L2TP might not work anymore

See FS#74089 - networkmanager 1.36 breaks vpn with networkmanager-l2tp

You may need to downgrade to 1.34.0:

sudo pacman -U https://archive.archlinux.org/packages/l/libnm/libnm-1.34.0-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst https://archive.archlinux.org/packages/n/networkmanager/networkmanager-1.34.0-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst
4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Manjaro Control Panel (ex-MSM-ng)

Same with 5.15.49 and 5.18.6

1 Like

In Maboxinux using 515 LTS and stable branch all went fine. Thanks guys.

A post was split to a new topic: Bluetoothd error after boot or wake up

I first updated my system with pamac update --no-aur. It went fine. But now when I try pamac update (with AUR) then I get this message:

cp: reguläre Datei '/var/tmp/pamac/dbs/sync/pamac_aur.db' kann nicht angelegt werden: Keine Berechtigung
Fehler: Vorgang konnte nicht erfolgreich vorbereitet werden: Ziel nicht gefunden: gnome-icon-theme

Note, this is not an AUR package problem (I think). For some reason I do not have the rights to this file anymore? I was using AUR and updating since over a year. What should I do?

Edit: Something is wrong here. When I do sudo pamac update, then it works fine. But using pamac update without sudo, a graphical interface for password prompt appears and it tells me I have no rights. But I was updating this way all the time. It should work.

1 Like

maybe check the permissions via ls -lasih /var/tmp/pamac/dbs/sync/

7602996 4,0K drwxrwxrwx 2 root root 4,0K 24. Jun 20:38 .
7602721 4,0K drwxrwxrwx 3 root root 4,0K 24. Jun 20:38 ..

for the sync directory. I should also mention this was right before I updated my system too. Not just after the update. And I restarted. Edit: I just wanted to mention it works with sudo pamac update. But it should work without too, as I did that since over a year.

On Cinnamon, my system tray is very messed up for some reason.

Reboots, restarting cinnamon, and checking the applet settings didn’t do anything, this only happened after updating.

1 Like

Update went smoothly except post-login where a couple of the apps I have selected to auto-start on boot/login failed… steam dumped core (started fine manually afterwards) and firefox “froze” in a state when I needed to restore the ~/.mozilla/firefox/<profile>/sessionstore-backups/previous.jsonlz4 file to ~/.mozilla/firefox/<profile>/sessionstore.jsonlz4 to recover my previous session/tabs.

I normally don’t have issues like these after impromtu reboots… so assuming an update reboot is more “sensitive”, is it better to disable auto-start apps before rebooting when an update has been applied… or is there another way to work with this?

Cinnamon 5.4 is at this point a complete disaster…

2 Likes

Yep. Already got a crash after a couple of hours, not to mention “intelligently hidden” panels are glitchy.

I had an issue with the Cinnamon panel as well. Turns out my problem at least was the “Collapsible Systray” applet. Guess it hasn’t been updated to support Cinnamon 5.4.

1 Like

Cinnamon Themes, Applets, Desklets, and Extensions are created by third-parties and are not officially supported.

2 Likes

The last update has render my wine game to stop working. It start up but then end up in a black screen. I have downgrade wine but that’s not it. I have revert to Steam to install the game. That use to work for ever before. Not sure what that is.

When wine is upgraded as part of an update, I always launch the config for:

1. the default prefix… env WINEPREFIX="/home/<userid>/.wine" winecfg
    ** Sometimes other requirements get installed at this point… like mono
  2. and any game/app specific prefixes… env WINEPREFIX="/home/<userid>/.<prefix>/wine" winecfg

I wonder if I should wait 24 hrs before updating, I barely installed it yesterday and voilà ! a new update

Set up Timeshift, backups, and get snapshots first.

1 Like

@Ben I did it yesterday already , there’s one timeshift backup done , thanks!

I think I’ll update it soon !

1 Like