[Stable Update] 2022-05-23 - Kernels, Toolchain, NVIDIA, Mesa, KDE, Qt, Maui, LibreOffice, Plasma, Firefox, Thunderbird

Good update on (so far) 2 systems. Hoped this might resolve a problem with the application launcher not being activated by screen edges on the Plasma desktop but the update did not.

Going to start another thread on this…

Installed the update. Got a bunch of 404 (maybe mirror not synced), but no errors.

After reboot i got a notification that my kernel is not supported (running 5.17).
I startet pamac again to check if there are some updates left and the system started a downgrade by itself?
Is it only me?

I have issues with libstdc++ and my graphics drivers are not loading (Failed to load kernel drivers). Thus, I had to roll back to the last timeshift snapshot.

You probably still have 5.16 installed which has been EOL for over a month and has been dropped from the repos.

That should only happen if you have Enable downgrade enabled in Add/Remove Software Advanced Preferences.

1 Like
  • nvidia-dkms och linux510-nvidia conflict, could not download.
    Now removed - nvidia-dkms and it start downloading.
    After reboot all fine.

Indeed. They both provide the same thing so there’s no reason to have both installed. Most prefer the precompiled kernel module (linuxXXX-nvidia).

Indeed!

I am sorry for my mistake. When I tested it worked but after a reboot other programs started showing the same problem.

You solution fixed all problems.

Thank you!

Ah thx, deinstalled the 5.16 and disabled downgrade in Preferences (was because of Firefox some weeks ago).

But how do i get the updates back?
Pamac insists that my system is up to date :worried:

What an untimely update! j/k

I was in the process of upgrading a somewhat neglected system, including EOL kernels, so having partially-synced mirrors at such a crucial point does not improve ones composure…

Then again, all’s well that ends well. No problems to report so far.

Sounds like both of you need to update your mirror list.

1 Like

I have already done it (several times), but unfortunately the only partly synced one was first in etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist.
Removed it and now it’s fine :wink:

thx for your help :hugs:

Hi, today’s update broke my KDE install

startplasma-x11: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.30' not found (required by /usr/lib/libKF5KIOGui.so.5)
startplasma-x11: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.30' not found (required by /usr/lib/libKF5Service.so.5)
startplasma-x11: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.30' not found (required by /usr/lib/libKF5ConfigWidgets.so.5)
startplasma-x11: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.30' not found (required by /usr/lib/libKF5ConfigCore.so.5)
startplasma-x11: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.30' not found (required by /usr/lib/libKF5CoreAddons.so.5)
startplasma-x11: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.30' not found (required by /usr/lib/libQt5Gui.so.5)
startplasma-x11: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.30' not found (required by /usr/lib/libQt5Core.so.5)
startplasma-x11: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.30' not found (required by /usr/lib/libQt5Widgets.so.5)
startplasma-x11: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.30' not found (required by /usr/lib/libKF5XmlGui.so.5)
startplasma-x11: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.30' not found (required by /usr/lib/libKF5GuiAddons.so.5)
startplasma-x11: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.30' not found (required by /usr/lib/libKF5WidgetsAddons.so.5)
startplasma-x11: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.30' not found (required by /usr/lib/libQt5Quick.so.5)
startplasma-x11: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.30' not found (required by /usr/lib/libQt5Qml.so.5)
startplasma-x11: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.30' not found (required by /usr/lib/libKF5I18n.so.5)
startplasma-x11: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.30' not found (required by /usr/lib/libKF5KIOCore.so.5)
startplasma-x11: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.30' not found (required by /usr/lib/libQt5Xml.so.5)
startplasma-x11: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.30' not found (required by /usr/lib/libQt5Network.so.5)
startplasma-x11: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.30' not found (required by /usr/lib/libQt5PrintSupport.so.5)
startplasma-x11: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.30' not found (required by /usr/lib/libKF5IconThemes.so.5)
startplasma-x11: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.30' not found (required by /usr/lib/libKF5KIOWidgets.so.5)
startplasma-x11: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.30' not found (required by /usr/lib/libQt5WaylandClient.so.5)
startplasma-x11: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.30' not found (required by /usr/lib/libKF5Solid.so.5)

I fixed it downgrading with:

sudo pacman -Syyuu

Does anyone know how to fix the above error?

Thank you.

You just said you fixed it, right? I highly doubt any affected packages were actually downgraded during that transaction.

Using the -y (--refresh) flag twice forces a refresh of all package databases even if your databases are already up to date. I’m guessing your databases were out of date and that’s why it was fixed.

1 Like

Oh so that’s what I did… Good to know hah thanks.

Thank you for your work Manjaro team :love_letter: .

2 Likes

Somehow this update broke my sound. I am running Pipewire+WirePlumber for more than a year now and did not have any problems before but after this upgrade I experienced no sound and “Dummy output”. I know about Arch announcement and despite it does not seem to apply to me I installed pipewire-media-session instead of wireplumber and it fixed my sound :person_shrugging:

WirePlumber has some issues. Hopefully they fix it in a newer version. For now use Media-Session

3 Likes

When will we get Official stable new isos?

I’m getting this
:: installing nvidia-utils (510.73.05-1) breaks dependency ‘nvidia-utils=510.68.02’ required by linux516-nvidia

Linux 5.16 isn’t on the list of supported Kernels, so that is probably causing it. I don’t know what the correct step for this is. Just a remainder that you guys always should check if your installed Kernel is supported. Here is a simple script that I use to check after each update: check_eol_kernel.sh and the discussion: Can I get a warning about EOL of a kernel?

2 Likes