[Stable Update] 2022-05-13 - Kernels, Mesa, Nvidia, Gnome 42, PipeWire, LIbreOffice, KDE Gear & Frameworks, Virtualbox, Qemu 7.0

After upgrade+reboot my keyboard stopped working. Any ideas?

Was this update a large one for everyone else too?
Usually it’s about 1.9GB with my setup, but this time it’s 2.9.

KB is it connected directly to the pc – or via some dock/hub? PS/2 or USB?

Attempting to install this update produced an error about unable to install nvidia drivers utils, it kept saying kernel required this version, which was all my kernels so uninstalling all the kernels and letting the update complete and then I reinstalled two kernels 517 and 515 and I am met with infinite loading screen of / now how I fixed it was by using this key combo to enter tty3 ctrl + alt + 3 and I was able to see that some how the nvidia kernel module wasnt installed, installing that fixed it, took me 30 minutes though so im not happy…

I just updated and since, a ls -l or running flatpak app is very long (around 30s vs immediate for a normal ls). I am using a LUKS filesystem

> time ls
real	0m0,002s
user	0m0,002s
sys	0m0,000s

> time ls -l
real	1m30,297s
user	0m0,007s
sys	0m0,001s

Hi Team,
Some of you might face issues as I did, with Postgres upgrading to major version 14.
Please follow this link.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s 5.9 GB for me this time. Seems like quite the chonky update.

Packages both in AUR and in repositories should prefer the repository package.

You can check the package version in the repositories at: Manjaro - Branch Compare
If there is no result for a package, it is unavailable/dropped from the repositories.

You should open a dedicated thread for your issue: [HowTo] Make support easier

This usually happens when trying to update while keeping an EOL kernel installed. The EOL kernel should be removed first – after switching to a supported (newer or LTS) kernel beforehand.

Now it is gone, but one time over two I cannot login. I can’t see an obvious diff between a successful login and when I can’t (GDM shows the loading icon, until it freezes). I have notice that the package tuxedo-keyboard was replaced by tuxedo-keyboard-dkms, maybe there is an issue with my hardware and the kernel (5.15)

1 Like

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: I cannot upgrade libkipi

Hi, thanks for the update and your hard work.

I’m getting these errors:

Fehler: at-spi2-core: Signatur von "Jan Alexander Steffens (heftig) <jan.steffens@gmail.com>" ist ungültig
:: Datei /var/cache/pacman/pkg/at-spi2-core-2.44.1-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst ist beschädigt (Ungültiges oder beschädigtes Paket (PGP-Signatur)).
Soll die Datei entfernt werden? [J/n] j 
Fehler: gtk3: Signatur von "Philip Müller (Called Little) <philm@manjaro.org>" ist ungültig
:: Datei /var/cache/pacman/pkg/gtk3-1:3.24.33-3.0-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst ist beschädigt (Ungültiges oder beschädigtes Paket (PGP-Signatur)).
Soll die Datei entfernt werden? [J/n] j
Fehler: Der Vorgang konnte nicht durchgeführt werden (Ungültiges oder beschädigtes Paket)
Fehler sind aufgetreten, keine Pakete wurden aktualisiert.

Edit: Solved by updating the keys manually. Thanks a lot, brahma & stormschip. Have a great weekend!

try running this:
sudo pacman-key --refresh-keys
then try updating
hopefully it is not going to be a keyring hell like it was with latest stable update
:grimacing:

2 Likes

You could try updating the keys; hope it helps

sudo pacman-key --init
sudo pacman-key --populate archlinux manjaro
sudo pacman -Sy gnupg archlinux-keyring manjaro-keyring
sudo pacman-key --refresh-keys
sudo pacman -Syu

3 Likes
:: Starting full system upgrade...
:: Replace lib32-sdl with multilib/lib32-sdl12-compat? [Y/n] y
:: Replace qemu-headless with extra/qemu-base? [Y/n] y
:: Replace qemu-headless-arch-extra with extra/qemu-emulators-full? [Y/n] y
:: Replace sdl with community/sdl12-compat? [Y/n] y
resolving dependencies...
:: There are 3 providers available for nodejs<18.1.0:
:: Repository community
   1) nodejs-lts-erbium  2) nodejs-lts-fermium  3) nodejs-lts-gallium

How can I determine what requires an older nodejs? And if so, which version do you suggest to install, since nodejs and these LTS versions are in conflict.

I still got the problem with my ASUS Zenbook UM325UAZ : the keyboard doesn’t work on cold boot. It can be fixed by applying this solution : create a custom mkinitpcio.conf following this arch fix , then generate the initramfs for the kernel you’re using. And it’ll work.

I encountered the following dependency problem while trying to upgrade:

:: Starting full system upgrade...
:: Replace manjaro-gnome-assets with community/manjaro-gnome-settings? [Y/n] 
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...
:: manjaro-gnome-settings and manjaro-gdm-theme are in conflict. Remove manjaro-gdm-theme? [y/N] 
error: unresolvable package conflicts detected
error: failed to prepare transaction (conflicting dependencies)
:: manjaro-gnome-settings and manjaro-gdm-theme are in conflict

My mirrors are synced.

1 Like

XFCE, the update has made somethig with font rendering. All system fonts become narrower.

3 Likes

Everything went smoothly so far and the new packages installed without any issue. Thanks for the good work. :slight_smile:

But I have a question about the “Bluetooth disabled by default” thing. I read through the linked forum posts and understood that I could simply throw “AutoEnable=true” into /etc/bluetooth/main.conf and get it going. But as disabling Bluetooth by default due to GNOME 42 seems very intentional, my question is, if this would be a good idea and if I could run into any bad side effects in doing so?

→ Yes.

Had my bluetooth mouse not working anymore on boot, found the solution with a quick google search.