[Stable Update] 2022-05-13 - Kernels, Mesa, Nvidia, Gnome 42, PipeWire, LIbreOffice, KDE Gear & Frameworks, Virtualbox, Qemu 7.0

its because of the libkipi… and dont update librewolf if youre on stable, the latest librewolf doesnt work…

The update crashed my session, however a simple reboot did the trick and all updates were already installed (apart from AUR).

After the update, the picture Save As dialog in telegram-desktop behaves strange and dark mode is ignored; the dialog is now white. “Strange” means, you cannot enter a file name. When you enter a letter, the focus jumps to the search field. So you have to enter the file name in the search field and copy/paste it to file name field. Downgrading telegram-desktop to previous version didn’t help, so it’s probably caused by another updated software.

I haven’t seen that error but in my case I can’t change the download path. If I change the path and save the file, it doesn’t save anything, but it works I I don’t change anything.

After upgrade, I can’t type Korean in any application, but I can type it in Gnome search field.
What am I missing?
I am using IBus and ibus-hangul

A post was split to a new topic: I need GCC 12.1 to rebuild gnat-gps

Applying the update with the KDE Plasma desktop reset my Dolphin configuration.
Here’s a list of what I had to change in order to return it to the way it was, some of which were default settings since installation:

• Change the positions of the top toolbar. I had it on the left but the update returned it to the top.

• In the Preferences → General → Behavior, I had to mark the option “remind visualization style for each folder” in order for my Downloads folder to be ordered by date again while not affecting the rest of my folders.

• In Preferences → Startup I had to check the option to open my home folder at startup which was the default but after the update the selected option was “Folders, tabs and windows from last session”

Hi,

since the latest update my system is having issues with shutting down and restarting.
When issuing a shutdown or reboot command it takes ages to complete.
When I look at what it is that causes it to hang it’s usually inconsistent, by which I mean it changes between reboots/shutdown.

I’ve seen this mentioned in this thread already, the person who experienced the same issue fixed it by removing orphaned packages, I’ve tried this but it didn’t solve it for me.

I’m using Manjaro Gnome, for now, as I don’t like the direction Gnome is heading in with this new release.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Kind regards

After upgrading today I can’t start mediathekview anymore. I get the following message:

Error: A JNI error has occurred, please check your installation and try again
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: mediathek/Main has been compiled by a more recent version of the Java Runtime (class file version 61.0), this version of the Java Runtime only recognizes class file versions up to 52.0
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:756)
	at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:142)
	at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:473)
	at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:74)
	at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:369)
	at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:363)
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:362)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:418)
	at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:352)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:351)
	at sun.launcher.LauncherHelper.checkAndLoadMain(LauncherHelper.java:601)

Can someone please help with this issue?

@raguse Thank you, it has been quite annoying!! I’ve changed it and will see how it goes

is anyone having same issue? I use GNOME with wayland, after the update I can’t type anything in certain text fields, e.g. authentication window and manjaro launch and switch applications text fields, but the most annoying is lock screen, I can’t type in password there (login screen is fine, so at least I can login :slight_smile:)

I have a similar error message with XFCE and can confirm it.
Edit: Same with Cinnamon and Mediathekview

AUR update doesn’t work from a Russian IP (sh!t hosting?):

pamac update --aur
Preparing...
Synchronizing package databases...
https://aur.manjaro.org/packages-meta-ext-v1.json.gz: Could not connect: Network is unreachable
Failed to synchronize AUR database
Nothing to do.
Transaction successfully finished.

Works with the US VPN:

pamac update --aur
Preparing...
Synchronizing package databases...
Nothing to do.
Transaction successfully finished.

Try installing or re-installing

jre-openjdk

When you enter

java -version

in terminal it should show

openjdk version "18.0.1.1" 2022-04-22
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 18.0.1.1+2)

Mediathekview runs fine for me in KDE Plasma

The solution for me was to set the default system java version to version 18:

sudo archlinux-java set java-18-openjdk

This works for me, thanks (previous default was java-8-openjdk)!

Hi,
I’m having same trouble after this upgrade on two different laptops both running Manjaro KDE with intel video driver. Tried different kernels, no change with either 5.15, or 5.16 or 5.17.

Plasma starts with several minutes at 100% CPU load (plasmashell process) and panel, taskbar (actually the whole plasma) hangs/freezes periodically. And after a while I have a huge more Gbyte file created until it fills up totally my home folder. The file is:
~/.local/share/kactivitymanagerd/resources/database-wal

Tried to look for solution but nothing has come up so far.
Is it safe to delete this file? How can I limit the size of this file? How can I reload the kactivitymanagerd?
Restarting plasma ( killall plasmashell && kstart5 plasmashell ) doesn’t help.
Logging out and in deleted the file but as disk was full, some settings are gone as well.
Any other solution suggestions?

Please let me know if you need any more info.

1 Like

you could try deleting your caches:
rm -rf ~/.cache/*
sudo pacman -Sc
reboot and see

I always feel uncomfortable to see rm -rf command, especially in combination with wildcards. For testing to see if it works, I recommend to just rename the folder instead. Also maybe deleting (or renaming) the relevant cache folder for KDE Plasma stuff would be enough.

A post was split to a new topic: Is synology-drive-client still being maintained?