[Stable Update] 2022-05-13 - Kernels, Mesa, Nvidia, Gnome 42, PipeWire, LIbreOffice, KDE Gear & Frameworks, Virtualbox, Qemu 7.0

I have weird suspend issue on 5.15.38 it will not suspend the monitor turn off but my workstation won’t go suspend :anguished:

Booted to windows to make sure it’s not hardware issue works on windows.

Not sure if 5.17 have this too…?
Anyone experienced this issue as well?

Maybe this why next minor point release was quickly released? 5.15.39 and so on

I’m not using Pipewire as i had problems with it, the strange thing is Games are working fine, it’s just seem to be desktop Video and audio apps/web browsers and even the output sound check in gnome settings is not playing Audio.

I guess i’m going to have to install pipewire and see if that helps.

there was one who had the same issue, and installing pipewire solved it so give it a try

1 Like

I’m trying but getting a loads of dependency errors.

uninstall those pulse dependencies first, install manjaro-pipewire , reboot and check

1 Like

yep, 5.15.39 does not have this bug.
@philm we shoukd push the newer Kernel versions to stable this versions not stable enough, at least 5.15.38 in my case.
there are some fixed amdgpu bugs in 5.15.39

Done and done, also installed the 32bit Pipewire stuff, needed for my old games like Quake 4, Etc, and all is working normal again, so i guess Gnome 4.2 needs Pipewire as default now.

Thank you for your help.

I found the same with “Disks” (gnome-disk-utility): I am on Xfce and I have the Greybird-dark theme.

EDIT: If Iaunch it from the terminal, by forcing the theme, will respect the theme:

GTK_THEME=Greybird-dark gnome-disks

EDIT 2:

I edited the *.desktop file as:

Exec=sh -c "GTK_THEME=Greybird-dark gnome-disks"

But obviously is just a workaround.

I also have the problem that some apps like the open file dialog, the gdm login screen, or the settings app don’t respect the green manjaro theme and default to blue.
Another problem is that ffplay doesn’t resize the video playback with the window once you had it playing in a smaller resolution. For example, when you play a video with a small and press f for fullscreen, you get a mostly black screen with the video playing in the same res as before in the upper left corner. Starting with -fs plays correctly in fullscreen, but once you resize, you get the same glitch.
EDIT: This seems to be the ffplay issue:
https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=276062
It’s caused by sdl2.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Problems with suspend and resume

That annoying bug with KScreen2, where if you have at least 2 monitors, you switch one to a different input source and back, immediately moves all the windows to the 2nd monitor it is still there after 4 updates. If it very annoying for everyone which uses more than one input, such as us, developers.

I tired multiple times to report it to Manjaro and/or KDE, and nobody has ever replied.

Hello again,
Some folks pointed out to me that it’s an orphan; use sudo pacman -Qtdq to find all orphans, sudo pacman -Qqdt | sudo pacman -Rns - to remove them.
The same folks also pointed out that, as it’s now an orphan, it’s now an AUR issue that ought to be discussed elsewhere. I second that motion.

Ahem:wink: :point_down:

I have similar issues. All windows games has stop working.
But I was not able to fix this. see:

Thanks Hanzel! For some reason when I booted up it worked immediately. Not sure why. Did not due anything from the fix, except trying to install from github with little to no success.

Anyone knows how to get the old workspace changing item (squares appearing in the middle of the screen representing workspaces) back? This dots at the bottom of the screen are truly awful…

Well, this update seems to really flock up Wine. Almost everything is crashing with message similar to this:

0118:err:virtual:virtual_setup_exception stack overflow 1156 bytes in thread 0118 addr 0xfd04de0e stack 0x5a0b7c (0x5a0000-0x5a1000-0x6a0000)

Seems to be related to Vulkan somehow, because the only game that worked in Wine/Proton was some OpenGL RPGM title.

1 Like

It seems that libkipi is no longer needed. It was not required by anything so I removed it without issue. See: I cannot upgrade libkipi

1 Like

I can confirm that. My keyboard (directly connected with a cable) doesn’t work with kernel 5.17, works fine with 5.16 though.

Just attempted the update and got an unusual package conflict. Upgrades normally happen for me without any hitches.

Preparing...
Synchronizing package databases...
Checking electron9 dependencies...
Checking tuxedo-keyboard dependencies...
Warning: python-pyqt5: local (5.15.6-7.1) is newer than extra (5.15.6-7)
Resolving dependencies...
Checking inter-conflicts...
Error: unresolvable package conflicts detected
Error: Failed to prepare transaction:
conflicting dependencies:
- tuxedo-keyboard-dkms and tuxedo-keyboard are in conflict

Update halts after that. Any help would be appreciated.

Downgrade to 5.15.6-7, 5.15.6-7.1 had issues and no longer exists:

sudo pacman -Syu python-pyqt5

Install tuxedo-keyboard-dkms, it replaced the tuxedo-keyboard package.

1 Like