[Stable Update] 2022-03-14 - Kernels, KDE, LibreOffice, Kodi, Qt5, Mozilla, NetworkManager, Pipewire

For me, updating from firefox 97.0.2-1 to 98, some tabs just crash after trying to load, had to revert firefox to the last good version (with installing from /var/cache/pacman/pkg/) and reverted the profile with a btrfs snapper snapshot (reverted ~/.mozzilla)

Note: the tab crashing was mainly with video playback (like youtube) sites (even when stopped while loading in)
i did not try to clean my firefox profile (i dont wanna re-setup everything)
also, vaapi is not enabled (at least no explicitly)

Note: this firefox update was before this manjaro update (but it still lists it as new with this update), but it seems like the version did not change yet, so i did not try to re-install it yet

Not sure why/how/what. My Asus PB278Q monitor (via a DisplayLink Dell 6000-thingy) only has 1080p mode as its highest resolution and no longer offers 2550x1440 as an option. The other monitor from Iiyama does have a 4k mode.

It could be an update from last week (as it showed up before I upgraded on the 14th) but it was good on Friday 3/11.

As a note: upgrading libvirt in this update has different directory permission requirements on /etc/libvirt/secrets/
before: 700
after update: 755

libvirt warning
warning: directory permissions differ on /etc/libvirt/secrets/
filesystem: 700  package: 755
2 Likes

After the update (since my first message), KDE (Plasma wayland + pipewire) just crashed, but restarted on its own

so i would recommend if using KDE Plasma Wayland (+ Pipewire) to be careful to not have anything important open when installing this update

Update: the restarted KDE was more brocken than it was usable, so i had to reboot (like KDE just dosnt want to start some applications and didnt let me logout, which froze the whole KDE stack)

For me the update is broken I get the following error:
could not satisfy dependencies:

• removing lib32-libjpeg-turbo breaks dependency ‘lib32-libjpeg’ required by lib32-gdk-pixbuf2
  • removing lib32-libjpeg-turbo breaks dependency ‘libjpeg.so=8-32’ required by lib32-libtiff

Resolved not all mirrors were synced

3 Likes

10 posts were split to a new topic: No network after laptop rebooted during updating

I’m here to report that the latest Qt update broke everything Qt related. The aforementioned report with the message

Cannot mix incompatible Qt library (5.15.2) with this library (5.15.3)

is where Qt based programs bail out. So far I’m counting VLC, KeepassXC and Nextcloud. Curious to see what else will break.

4 Likes

As I mentioned: AUR packages like qt5-styleplugins need a rebuild against the new Qt5 packages …

7 Likes

Thanks, that fixed it. I wasn’t sure what needed to be rebuilt there.

When in doubt: rebuild all AUR packages (preferrably before posting :slight_smile: ).

1 Like

It’s solved
Thank you

There’s a known bug in Firefox 98 with hardware acceleration.

2 Likes

When upgrading to 5.16.14-1, all my audio devices are gone and there’s no sound. It was working in 5.15 (Thinkpad X1 Carbon Gen 9)

EDIT: Ended up messing around with uninstalling and reinstalling packages like manjaro-pipewire and got audio working again.

A post was split to a new topic: My internet connection is no longer working

I am using Manjaro XFCE. Qt apps like Okular and Gwenview no longer work.

$ okular
Cannot mix incompatible Qt library (5.15.2) with this library (5.15.3)
Aborted (core dumped)
2 Likes

My first idea would be that you didn’t update qt5 before building for your repository.

1 Like

Is there any action required for this?

I did some cleaning in the issue log. I suggest we note the associated update date from now on, so we can more easily clean obsolete logs.
:broom:

5 Likes