[Stable Update] 2022-02-14 - Kernels, Haskell, Cutefish 0.7, Deepin, Firefox, Maui 2.1.1, Systemd

After the update I can no longer login with fingerprint. It used to ask for the fingerprint and now it just is a blank line, it seems to look for it but hangs and eventually comes back asking for the password on CLI. On the login screen it comes back with failed to login. Logging in with a password seems to take forever and suddenly the desktop appears. Going to comment out the polkit lines regarding the fingerprint and will check later if I can pinpoint what is going on.

Knotes in KDE: all my saved notes disappeared after upgrade.

Solution: Moved notes from previous .notes directory to new Knotes directory /home/mike/.local/share/notes/

All is good now. :slight_smile:

User Icon cannot change again. Same error as this one.

This is the full output: systemsettings5 - Pastebin.com

This is the part which related to this:

file:///usr/share/kpackage/kcms/kcm_users/contents/ui/UserDetailsPage.qml:218:9: QML SwipeView: Binding loop detected for property "implicitWidth"

file:///usr/lib/qt/qml/org/kde/kirigami.2/Avatar.qml:262:9: QML Image: Cannot open: file:///home/firestar/.face

file:///usr/lib/qt/qml/org/kde/kirigami.2/Avatar.qml:262:9: QML Image: Cannot open: file:///home/firestar/.face

file:///usr/lib/qt/qml/org/kde/kirigami.2/templates/OverlaySheet.qml:387:13: QML QQuickItem*: Binding loop detected for property "width"

file:///usr/lib/qt/qml/org/kde/kirigami.2/templates/OverlaySheet.qml:387:13: QML QQuickItem*: Binding loop detected for property "width"

Qt: Session management error: networkIdsList argument is NULL

org.kde.kcm_users: "org.freedesktop.Accounts.Error.Failed" "file '/tmp/systemsettings.KMgFYr' is not a regular file"

kf.coreaddons: KPluginFactory could not load the plugin "/usr/lib/qt/plugins/kcms/kcm_users.so"

file:///usr/lib/qt/qml/org/kde/kirigami.2/templates/InlineMessage.qml:261:9: QML ActionToolBar: Binding loop detected for property "atBottom"

file:///usr/lib/qt/qml/org/kde/kirigami.2/templates/InlineMessage.qml:261:9: QML ActionToolBar: Binding loop detected for property "atBottom"

I think I recall reading this was a “KDE System Settings” issue… but if you use the “Accounts” section of “Manjaro Settings Manager” you can successfully change the user picture.

I think I needed to logout/reboot for the launcher image to update, but could see it was successfully changed on the lock screen after making the change.

Also, I recall it didn’t look like the image was applied in MSM=>Accounts immediately after the change either… so the quickest way to check is to lock your PC (Meta+L for me) to see it applied there before wasting any time on a log out/in or reboot.

EDIT: This is an untested suggestion… but I just noticed I have 3 image files (2 are symlinks pointing to the first) in my Home directory:

1. .face is the jpeg image I asked MSM to use (and is the exact same file size)
  2. .face.icon is a symlink to .face
  3. .icon is a symlink to .face

If you already have these files… editing .face could be a less ideal but workable solution.

Thanks, that worked for me. I had issue with fonts on Mousepad and xfce4 terminal. :slightly_smiling_face:

I am hit by the kmail “setFcc: collection invalid”, too with a crash on editing recipient fields, finally even on kmail startup.
Temporary workaround:
rm ~/.local/share/kmail2/autosave/*
and remove the PGP key from your identity.

Some references:
https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=449898
https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=449872#c11

1 Like

Hi! I also wanted to change the new font (Noto) to the older font (DejaVu) because I don’t like aesthetically the new one, but in my case, a system-wide change. I tried to change it on the typography section of the system settings but it only worked for some texts on some applications. Then, I came here and I read the guide of font configuration on the ArchWiki you shared (thanks for that) and I figured out I just had to modify ~/.config/fontconfig/fonts.conf with the changes @pub pointed out, and now I have the old font system-wide as before. And because is on user config it will not be overwritten by future updates, in theory. So thanks @Daniel-I and @pub you both :slight_smile:

Finally, a comment to the distro makers. I was a bit frustrated when the change on fonts settings through the system settings not worked well, I fell that the experience is not consistent if you want to change the fonts settings system-wide. There is a way to fix that? Apart from that, thanks for this great distro, of course :slight_smile:

2 Likes

After the update I’ve had trouble connecting to my workplace’s wifi. It’s a WEP protected one, so there’s a warning sign next to the name. I try to connect, but nothing happens. I used timeshift to go back to a save point before the update and I could connect without any hassle. Now, after applying the update once again, I’m back in the same situation.

Is there anything I’m missing or should I open a new support thread with more detailed info?

Glad the link helped you! What still confuses me is that my ~/.config/fontconfig/ folder is empty… so I’m unsure which file I can/should copy as a source renamed as ~/.config/fontconfig/font.conf.

Why are so many repos outdated https://repo.manjaro.org/ ? It’s been 3 days since the update, very unusual

I forgot you don’t have a user’s fonts.conf file. Maybe just coping and renaming the 60-latin.conf file or creating a new one with the xml template from the ArchWiki site:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE fontconfig SYSTEM "urn:fontconfig:fonts.dtd">
<fontconfig>

<!-- settings go here -->

</fontconfig>

I hope that helps :slight_smile:

one update today …

LANG=C pacman -Si vivaldi
Repository      : community
Name            : vivaldi
Packager        : Mark Wagie <manjaro.org>
Build Date      : Wed Feb 16 17:13:34 2022

so “outdated” if not synch since “17:13”

no, sometime we have 1…3 package the next day, or one package for security between updates

Interesting. Even generated on 2022-02-16 20:23 a lot of mirrors didn’t sync. Most likely due to the update of Vivaldi

Please create a new topic in #support. Announcement threads aren’t the place to troubleshoot general issues.

I guess it’s time to finally learn how to use Kvantum, 'cause with this update the Qt apps lost their theme and feel completely out of place.

EDIT for clarification: I suspect this happened precisely because I didn’t mark Kvantum as explicitly installed, so it got removed. After I noticed the bland Qt apps, I installed it again.

After the update and upon reboot it appeared that kernel 5.15 became corrupted. System would complain of not loading a kernel first.

Was able to resolve by simply booting into another installed kernel and removing/replacing kernel 5.15, but I am curious if there is any insight on what might have happened.

This update has changed my plaintext (monospace) font in Thunderbird, especially the lowercase letters i, j, l, r (and I think t) now look ugly because they appear with serifs while the other letters are without serifs. I checked Preferences → General → Language & Appearance → Advanced and observed that Noto Sans Mono is adjusted for Monospace. In my opinion, Noto Sans Mono doesn’t deserve the name Sans.

My question is: How can I change the font back? Which font did I have before? Unfortunately, choosing another font from the list doesn’t change anything. Why does this update automatically mess up with fonts?

The solution to your problem can be found earlier in this thread. :arrow_heading_up:

1 Like

Thank you very much! It worked for me. In DejaVu Sans Mono, the letters i, j, l are with serifs too (l different), but the r looks normal, what bothered me most about Noto Sans Mono.

Was unable to update at first because of the conflict of manjaro-pipewire and pipewire-alsa. Removed manjaro-pipewire, update went smooth, but I am still unable to install manjaro-pipewire back. I didn’t copy the error message from the first try, but it was quite similar.

$ sudo pacman -S manjaro-pipewire                                                                                                                                                    
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...
:: manjaro-pipewire and pipewire-alsa are in conflict (pulseaudio-alsa). Remove pipewire-alsa? [y/N] y
error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: unable to satisfy dependency 'pipewire-alsa' required by manjaro-pipewire
:: removing pipewire-alsa breaks dependency 'pulseaudio-alsa' required by gnome-settings-daemon

The problem as I see it, is that pipewire-alsa (dependency of manjaro-pipewire) provides pulseaudio-alsa, which is stated to be in conflict with manjaro-pipewire.
I guess, as mainjaro-pipewire is a meta-package it’s not a big deal, all of its dependencies are still installed, but anyway this better be fixed.