[Stable Update] 2022-02-14 - Kernels, Haskell, Cutefish 0.7, Deepin, Firefox, Maui 2.1.1, Systemd

I was able to uninstall qt5-styleplugins without any problems, it just has been in the orphans. But after I deleted this, the Kvantum manager was also removed. I didn’t install it myself, it was pre-installed when I set up my Manjaro a few years ago. Is this how it is intended in Manjaro Xfce?

Kvantum was installed as a dependency of one of the dropped themes. You can always reinstall Kvantum if you would still like to use it.

1 Like

What is the release number for this?

21.2.4?

After the update I started experiencing screen tearing. restarting fixed it

Version numbers are basically meaningless on a rolling release. They only mark snapshots for ISO releases. There is no new ISO release, therefore there is no new release version.

Either way, you can check with

❯ pamac info manjaro-release | grep Version
Version               : 21.2.3-1

Or:

❯ pacman -Si manjaro-release | grep Version
Version         : 21.2.3-1

Or:

❯ lsb_release -a
LSB Version:	n/a
Distributor ID:	ManjaroLinux
Description:	Manjaro Linux
Release:	21.2.3
Codename:	Qonos
4 Likes

I’ve found this:

“The solution is in /usr/share/fontconfig/conf.avail/60-Latin.conf edit to move DejaVu Serif, DejaVu Sans, DejaVu Sans Mono to the top of each block”

Worked for me.

8 Likes

Again, this update has gone smoothly for me. As other users have reported before me, I only noticed that the default monospaced font has changed from DejaVu Sans Mono to Noto Sans Mono with the fontconfig update. However, I don’t consider this change to be a problem so far, as I haven’t been able to see it causing any issues, and I think I actually like it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

After the last update I can no longer log into my system (KDE). At first it affected only the log in screen (sddm) and I managed to log into TTY.
After choosing “other” and typing my username into the field, password was also accepted.
Sadly I was stupid enough to reboot my system once more and now cannot log in with either method.

Before the reboot i tried to change my password with passwd but received the following error:

passwd myuser
Changing password for myuser.
Current password:
passwd Authentication service cannot retreive authentication info
passwd: password unchanged

I would like to attempt to roll back my system via timeshift.

Am i correct in the assumption that the process for this would be to:
boot from live cd,
chroot into the system,
mount md0 (the raid10 array that holds the system backups (rsync)),
then issue sudo timeshift --restore?

Thanks for your help. Please also feel free to split this off to correct support category.
Cheers Beer!

Update:
After restoring last nights snapshot and dealing with some grub problem which in turn forced me to update the system while reinstalling grub, things are back to normal for now.
Still no idea what may have caused the inital password problem however. :thinking:

Quick question, after the update I’ve got some interesting danglers…

❯ pacman -Qdt
gnome-shell-extension-gamemode 6-1
kvantum-theme-matchama 20191118-1
matcha-gtk-theme 20211225-1

I consider these vital packages, so I’m wonderiing whether this is intentional?

P.S. I use the minimal install, if that’s relevant.

all went smoothly, apart from kmail. I cant write emails anymore because of 449898 – "setFcc: collection invalid" after answering an e-mail. Whenever i#m trying to put an mailadress in the to: Line Kmail crashes. so no solution in sight.

1 Like

Same here for kvantum-theme-matchama.
I removed the package (pamac labels this as a foreign package) and installed kvantum-theme-matcha.

A post was split to a new topic: Are statistics available how often each version of Manjaro was downloaded

Thanks for sharing your experience; however I don’t have a /usr/share/fontconfig/conf.avail/60-Latin.conf file… oh wait, yes I do as “lowercase” 60-latin.conf.

However, I’m not comfortable editing that file… doesn’t editing files outside userspace run the risk of any changes I make getting clobbered by future updates?

I noticed a couple interesting folders in the home directory:

1. ~/.cache/fontconfig - contains 23 ugly (GUID?) looking files… wonders what would happen if I purged them :slight_smile:
  2. ~/.config/fontconfig - an empty folder… could I copy the 60-latin.conf file here for a userspace modification? :thinking: seems I may be on the right track @ Font configuration - ArchWiki, but it’s a bit more complicated and hard to understand with no previous related knowledge

I think for now I’m happy with my modified ~/.conkyrc. Odd how conky was the only application where I noticed a font change… but I’m happier with the larger font size from my post-update edits.

2 Likes

That was dropped from the repos and hasn’t been updated in years.

You can mark orphans as explicitly installed with:

sudo pacman -D --asexplicit <package-name>

Font Awesome has been updated from 5 to 6, which made my polybar unhappy. I needed to change font-<n> = Font Awesome 5 to font-<n> = Font Awesome 6.

1 Like

After the update I can no longer login with fingerprint. It used to ask for the fingerprint and now it just is a blank line, it seems to look for it but hangs and eventually comes back asking for the password on CLI. On the login screen it comes back with failed to login. Logging in with a password seems to take forever and suddenly the desktop appears. Going to comment out the polkit lines regarding the fingerprint and will check later if I can pinpoint what is going on.

Knotes in KDE: all my saved notes disappeared after upgrade.

Solution: Moved notes from previous .notes directory to new Knotes directory /home/mike/.local/share/notes/

All is good now. :slight_smile:

User Icon cannot change again. Same error as this one.

This is the full output: systemsettings5 - Pastebin.com

This is the part which related to this:

file:///usr/share/kpackage/kcms/kcm_users/contents/ui/UserDetailsPage.qml:218:9: QML SwipeView: Binding loop detected for property "implicitWidth"

file:///usr/lib/qt/qml/org/kde/kirigami.2/Avatar.qml:262:9: QML Image: Cannot open: file:///home/firestar/.face

file:///usr/lib/qt/qml/org/kde/kirigami.2/Avatar.qml:262:9: QML Image: Cannot open: file:///home/firestar/.face

file:///usr/lib/qt/qml/org/kde/kirigami.2/templates/OverlaySheet.qml:387:13: QML QQuickItem*: Binding loop detected for property "width"

file:///usr/lib/qt/qml/org/kde/kirigami.2/templates/OverlaySheet.qml:387:13: QML QQuickItem*: Binding loop detected for property "width"

Qt: Session management error: networkIdsList argument is NULL

org.kde.kcm_users: "org.freedesktop.Accounts.Error.Failed" "file '/tmp/systemsettings.KMgFYr' is not a regular file"

kf.coreaddons: KPluginFactory could not load the plugin "/usr/lib/qt/plugins/kcms/kcm_users.so"

file:///usr/lib/qt/qml/org/kde/kirigami.2/templates/InlineMessage.qml:261:9: QML ActionToolBar: Binding loop detected for property "atBottom"

file:///usr/lib/qt/qml/org/kde/kirigami.2/templates/InlineMessage.qml:261:9: QML ActionToolBar: Binding loop detected for property "atBottom"

I think I recall reading this was a “KDE System Settings” issue… but if you use the “Accounts” section of “Manjaro Settings Manager” you can successfully change the user picture.

I think I needed to logout/reboot for the launcher image to update, but could see it was successfully changed on the lock screen after making the change.

Also, I recall it didn’t look like the image was applied in MSM=>Accounts immediately after the change either… so the quickest way to check is to lock your PC (Meta+L for me) to see it applied there before wasting any time on a log out/in or reboot.

EDIT: This is an untested suggestion… but I just noticed I have 3 image files (2 are symlinks pointing to the first) in my Home directory:

1. .face is the jpeg image I asked MSM to use (and is the exact same file size)
  2. .face.icon is a symlink to .face
  3. .icon is a symlink to .face

If you already have these files… editing .face could be a less ideal but workable solution.

Thanks, that worked for me. I had issue with fonts on Mousepad and xfce4 terminal. :slightly_smiling_face: