[Stable Update] 2022-01-23 - OpenSearch, Kernels, KDE Software, Cinnamon, Pipewire, Mesa, Gnome, LibreOffice

qBittrorrent switched to using qt6, so install qt6ct and set the theme there.

8 Likes

I have issues with some KDE keyboard shortcuts:

• The Super-key does not open the “application launcher” anymore.
    • Workaround 1: Set the keyboard shortcut to “Super+Y” or something else like “Super + -”. Then the “application launcher” can be launched with “Super” or “Super+Y”.
    • Workaround 2: Use Alt+Space
  • The keyboard shortcuts of the “Entries” of “Status and Notifications” are resetted after a reboot. I like to enable/disable “Night Colour” with “Super+Strg+K” or open the “Notifications” with “Super+Strg+N”.
    • EDIT: Seems to be a KDE bug. After I setup the keyboard shortcut for the second entry (e.g. “Night Colour”), the keyboard shortcut for the first entry (e.g. “Notifications”) is deleted. Although the shortcut for “Notification” is removed in the GUI, it still works until I reboot my computer.

How can I debug this issue? I skimmed “journalctl -b” and saw nothing special (except that I have EXT4 errors that I’m fixing now).

1 Like

Hi!

kio-gdrive not found after upgrade the system

When accessing your folder from dolphin, it loads without displaying anything.

From console, executing the following command kioclient5 exec gdrive:/, the following error appears:

kf.service.services: KApplicationTrader: mimeType “x-scheme-handler/gdrive” not found

1 Like

Check if this Arch Wiki section helps

Basically run

kwriteconfig5 --file kwinrc --group ModifierOnlyShortcuts --key Meta "org.kde.krunner,/App,,toggleDisplay"

and reboot (or reload kwin using the commands in the link).

I’d heard about kernel 5.16 has some better gaming perfomance. So, I’ve installed and switched my kernel from 5.14 to 5.16 and get issue with my xbox 360 gamepad. It was connected and detected in the system settings(I use KDE edition), plus in Steam the same, BUT there wasn’t any input events from my gamepad. And when I tried to see an error with xboxdrv(I have xboxdrv installed, but don’t use it of most time. Gamepad works natively) by the line:

sudo xboxdrv --detach-kernel-driver --detach -D --force-feedback --deadzone 10% --trigger-as-zaxis --buttonmap tl=tr,tr=tl --axismap -trigger=trigger --dbus disabled

I’ve got that:

[ERROR] Xboxdrv Daemon::launch controller thread(): no free controller slot found, controller will be ignored: 001:021 045e:028e ‘Microsoft X-Box 360 pad’

Just moved back to the 5.14 and all works fine as it was.

Thank You for restoring the pamac (GUI) searches inclusion of AUR results under ALL. :beer:

qBittorent 4.4.0 shouldn’t have been added IMO.

This version is known to be highly unstable with Memoryleaks and Crashes.

Their Issue Tracker on Git is filling up with issues regarding this specific version.

This Version is also banned on Private Trackers (obviously only Linux ISOs) because of these issues.

Some Issues:

and much more…

cannot reproduce:

Now that pipewire was updated to 0.3.43, I’m not experiencing the issue I had anymore.

Original issue : https://forum.manjaro.org/t/stable-update-2022-01-02-kernels-systemd-kde-frameworks-mesa-xorg-server-wine-python-3-10/97104/113

been using it for about a week now no such issues, if you check all the mentioned issues are on windows

The only apparent potential problem was that a message flashed past saying something about GRUB might fail to boot and something about secure boot (I think).
However, GRUB did boot, so I’m happy. Though I assume this might be a problem for some users.

I’m experiencing crashes, lockups, and most likely memory leaks on Manjaro i3 (something is using a lot more memory).

What’s your secret?

R

Is VirtualBox now on version 6.1.32 ?

Not yet, but well in the testing branch. See

1 Like

So far so good. Ryzen 4700U APU on HP Envy x360

after updating i didn’t have DSL ethernet connection even though it showed as connected.
a second reboot fixed it.
I’ll see what happens after a shutdown.

About pamac, make sure you enable flatpak support. KDE store (Discovery) can upgrade flatpaks too

I tried that several times with several versions of systemd installed and updating after the user creation. It just didn’t work with an mdraid RAID1 disk as the storage. I can get the storage mounted by running manually

cryptsetup open /dev/md/home home-username
mount /dev/mapper/home-username /home/username -o subvolid=username

but systemd-homed/systemd-homeworkd which ever portion was responsible for doing that kept failing.

For some reason, my system failed to import all my zfs pools after reboot (I installed Manjaro on zfs). It said “pool was previously in use from another system”. I need to use

zpool import -f POOLNAME

for all my zfs pools and then reboot again in the rootfs prompt. It seems normal now.

Thanks for the link. I guess I will switch to KRunner because it looks nicer to me.
I further investigated the problem:

This dbus command : qdbus --literal org.kde.plasmashell /PlasmaShell org.kde.PlasmaShell.activateLauncherMenu should open the “application launcher”.

But this command only works when I assign a keyboard shortcut to the “application launcher” like “Meta+#”. It also affects the “simple launcher” and “application dashboard” - (for some reason “application menu” just crashes - that’s why I don’t test it).Without an assigned keyboard shortcut, nothing happens.

journalctl --since "10 seconds ago" does not return any errors. Any further idea on how I can debug this issue?