[Stable Update] 2022-01-02 - Kernels, Systemd, KDE Frameworks, Mesa, Xorg-Server, Wine, Python 3.10

A few interesting observations, but everything was fixable and I could explain with confidence what was going on.

== 1 ==

I have seen the warning message below before, sometimes it is Firefox. The file did and does exist. Wondering if this is a real warning or just a missing leading slash?

checking available disk space...
warning: could not get file information for usr/lib/thunderbird/distribution/distribution.ini
:: Running pre-transaction hooks...

== 2 ==

I missed the 5.13 preset file when I cleaned up the 5.13 kernel awhile back, causing the messages below. I ran into some bumps along the way. At this point in time, all I needed to do was remove linux513.preset file.

==> Building image from preset: /etc/mkinitcpio.d/linux513.preset: 'default'
  -> -k /boot/vmlinuz-5.13-x86_64 -c /etc/mkinitcpio.conf -g /boot/initramfs-5.13-x86_64.img
==> ERROR: specified kernel image does not exist: `/boot/vmlinuz-5.13-x86_64'

== 3 ==

I don’t think I have ever installed a Manjaro update without seeing these messages. So far, they seem harmless :slight_smile:

warning: dependency cycle detected:
warning: bashrc-manjaro will be installed before its bash dependency
warning: dependency cycle detected:
warning: freetype2 
...
warning: mesa
...
warning: lib32-mesa 
...
warning: lib32-harfbuzz