[Stable Update] 2021-12-10 - Kernels, Systemd, LibreOffice, Plasma, Browser, Thunderbird

I installed Manjaro kde 21.2 pre1 on my 2-in-1 laptop. My sound card (Baytrail 5640) was detected, and I could configure it via the sound applet on the taskbar. After the latest updates, the card is no longer detected via the sound applet, but I still have sound. I do not know how to configure my sound card now. Is it still a new bug in KDE plasma ?

I plan to perform a new installation with the last Manjaro 21.2 RC1.

As you have updated you have the most recent packages, there is no need to keep reinstalling with a rolling release.

Yes, I know. But perhaps the new install can set the sound card correctly.

One issue though …

I think it’s KDE decision to make them not filled (you can see that borders are red on example screenshot) as this is exactly how they look in Qt theme.

@LordTermor
BreathDark is a bit too dark for my taste, but i like the dark Window Decoration and Taskbar, so i mixed BreathLight and BreathDark to get Taskbar and Tooltip colors from BreathDark (section WM and Tooltip in color scheme file). Unfortunatly it breaks down if i try to use BreathDark Header section settings as many apps seem to use the Header backgrund even for their menu and you get horrible color mismatching. So i use BreathLight Header colors, but a dark window decoration which does not conform to the color scheme (i use ROUNDED DARK, but Plastik does the trick too).

There is an extended themes pack plasma5-themes-breath-extra which contains already additional color themes. Any chance Manjaro could provide such a hybrid color theme?

Pamac still looks ugly with Breeze and Breath themes, is there any fix to it ?

1 Like

Pamac is an GTK application if i’m not mistaken … you could go to KDE settings → Appearance → Application Style. There should be a button for changing GNOME/GTK application style. There are presets for Breath and Breath-Dark you could set.

It’s already set to Breeze.

It does show Unsupported; it doesn’t show EOL.

Leave an EOL kernel installed after it has been removed from the repos, and you will see.

EOL means the last version of the kernel which will be supported, until dropped.

But Breeze is only used for the Icons and the Window decoration if i’m not mistaken … colors and Plasma Style uses Breath (or Breath-Dark) as a default. So if you want a consitent green/black theme then you should go with Breath-Dark as GTK Style.

Breath2 was removed after this update, the new one called Breath will use Breeze with customized color scheme.

Because the old Breath was removed and “Breath 2 2021” was renamed to “Breath” which is now the default ;).

EDIT: And you have to differntiate between Plasma Themes and GTK Themes. Plasma Breeze Style will adjust itself to color settings … i doubt the GTK-Theme to match the plasma Theme does the same.

This is what I have

Screenshot_20211214_224932

Hmm strange … i have more to select ;).
Screenshot_20211214_225158_2

Possibly you are missing “gtk-theme-breath” package?

Well then i have to take everything back … strangely enough i have no option for breeze as a gtk theme :rofl:.

That must be correct, since that package has a build date of 29/01/17.

But Pamac does look better with gtk-theme-breath - oh, well.

Edit: indeed it is now an orphan.

Install breeze-gtk package. I’ll add it to dependency of manjaro-kde-settings to ease life for people.

2 Likes

To change the blue to green, go to Settings > Appearance > Colors, set to Breath dark. I personally don’t like the gray lettering of this color scheme (bad color contrast IMO), so I cloned the Breeze Dark scheme and change the blue to green there. What a relief to my desktop.