[Stable Update] 2021-12-10 - Kernels, Systemd, LibreOffice, Plasma, Browser, Thunderbird

Kettcar, it is the kde-unstable repository in the stable branch of updates.

5 Likes

kde-unstable is a repo with KDE software based on master/main branches to test upcoming Plasma releases during development cycles. Safely to be tested with: Releases · manjaro/plasma-daily · GitHub

5 Likes

Thanks for the info.

LibreOffice 7.2.3

Impacted? Blog post: The Document Foundation - [CVE-2021-43527], [mfsa2021-51] in Mozilla NSS

there no new mesa version ?
or new mpv verison ?

Installing from pamac (GUI), I was prompted with a confirmation message that included details about Breath theme components being removed…
Screenshot_20211210_144733

So I paused resuming the update and launched KDE Settings to adjust all my theme settings under Appearance to ensure nothing I had was using anything “Breath Theme” related… moving everything to “Breeze”.

After rebooting post update, I was shown an error at login… reminding me I had forgotten to check the SDDM settings! (My brain still hasn’t accepted “Splash” is different from “Login” :wink:

Post login, I set my Startup and Shutdown => Login Screen (SDDM) (in KDE Settings)… see how one was no longer set/highlighted?

So, if you want a theme-based error free upgrade… move any theme elements you have set off “Breath/Breath2/Breath2 2021”, and then move them back to the new “Breath” theme post update; if desired.

Note: If you had made any Konsole Profiles (also shared by Yakuake) using “Breath2/Breath2 2021”… you will need to update those profiles post update as well.

17 Likes

See: Manjaro - Branch Compare

1 Like

I had the same issue and needed to reapply a login screen theme. Thanks for your reply here, because I was looking into wrong section in the settings (at general themes).

1 Like

Well, people reported issues with 21.3.x series. You can always switch to unstable branch …

2 Likes

Another super rock solid update - big thanks everyone involved. The only issue I had was that my machine would not shut down & I had to do a hard one with the power button. Everything is running perfect on reboot. More power to you all. R

I had the same issue … i had to reapply all themes SDDM, Yakuake … the Breath icon pack was even not installed … i had to install it manually with pacman, log out an in again and apply it in KDE settings to get the green Dolphin icon back ;).
Not sure anymore what the default is, but i went with Breath-dark were i could.

2 Likes

Update changed my default shell from bash to zsh and I can’t change it back.

konsole > settings > profiles > Breath (default) is uneditable, so I can’t change it like I normally do.

chsh -s /bin/bash doesn’t work because it has to be changed in konsole on KDE.

One other issue I had is Yakuake was completely reverted to default settings, so I had to change all of my settings back to what they were.

Update: I figured it out. I had to change the default settings in konsole and also adjust some visual settings. Then do the same in yakuake.

7 Likes

I have this sometimes when I update, but not this time.

1 Like

I have only one issue and manjaro is not to blame for it … but because you asked me to post here it is:
LibreOffice 7.2.3 introduced a bug in which my custom hotkeys (which mean a lot to me) don’t work anymore … I had been on manjaro testing and when 7.2.3 arrived there i went back to stable hoping that in that way i can finish my university work without all the hassle … I’ll start getting into contact with the LO bug reports.

2 Likes

I noticed that your revised Breath dark theme includes greyish text on various Plasma panels/applets. This is contrary to the upstream Breeze theme which has white text and superior contrast/readability.

I realize that this is a personal preference, however, since you follow upstream closely now, would it be possible to revert this change as it is one thing that seems like a regression with your latest Breath 2021 update?

Otherwise, keep up the good work, and this is by far my favourite Linux distribution.

Intel AX210 M.2 Bluetooth miraculously restored! A miracle!

THANK YOU, DEVS!

3 posts were split to a new topic: Apwal doesn’t launch anymore

Sorry I’m a new user. I clicked the second option that I had an issue and solved it myself and wanted to post how I did it but I don’t know where I can post it. Is it normally done here?

In addition to SDDM theme, I have to re-select theme in the dolphin terminal at the bottom (you can show it by pressing F4).

BTW, why does Manjaro not show in the GUI that the Linux Kernel is unsupported? Just as it shows “LTS” and “recommended”, it should show “EOL” and maybe “not recommended”.

14 Likes