[Stable Update] 2021-11-19 - Kernels, Gnome 41.1, Plasma 5.23.3, Frameworks 5.88, LxQt 1.0, Xorg-Server 21.1, Mesa

I had previously reported no issues. But I have discovered I cannot play videos. Specifically Facebook videos and .mov videos. Youtube works.

Kernel 5.15.x.
I suspend Computer manually.
When I try to resume, both of my monitors don´t show image on screen. I think they remain in suspend state.
Fortunately I still have installed kernel 5.10.x. It works ok. But I´d like to be able to use new kernel

Some feedback for the https://download.manjaro.org/kde/21.2pre1/manjaro-kde-21.2pre1-211119-linux515.iso which I used to install Manjaro on my partners PC today. (my 3rd Windows=>Manjaro conversion in the passed 3-4 weeks :wink:)

After booting the Live ISO and running the Installer, I found the Partition step is missing many options. All I had available as choices were…

• A dropdown of disks to select for the install
  • A lone radio button option to choose to “Manually Partition the Drive”

… and that was it… No erase disk, no filesystem selection, no swap options, etc.

Luckily, the “Before and After” images presented underneath showed boot and data partitions as if “erase disk” was pre-selected, so I felt comfortable proceeding… once I stepped through to the final review screen, everything looked like what I would have wanted, including EXT4 as the data file system.

The install was successful in this case, but the missing options in the Partition section may prove to be limitations for others with different (non-EXT4, swap) setup requirements.

I had a similar issue on Gnome with a GTX 1060.

After the update my second monitor was blank, it was listed as disabled in nvidia-settings.
I also tried to downgrade the driver with: mwhd -r pci video-nividia but the command failed with a similar error to yours. mhwd -i pci video-nvidia-470xx also failed.

In the end I just removed /etc/X11/xorg.conf AND /etc/X11/mhwd.d/nvidia.conf and everything is now working as it was before.

Apologies for cross-posting, but I think I should have probably posted in this thread from the start. My original forum post is at:

Error: LightDM infinite login loop

Ultimately my issue is that following the update everytime I try and log in through LightDM the screen flickers and then I end up back at the LightDM login screen. I’m using the i3 community edition (though I’ve additionally installed xfce for one of my users).

After reading more I think the issue is associated with my graphics card: AMD Cape Verde XT [Radeon HD 7770/8760 / R7 250X] - though I’m just guessing.

This isn’t in the list of known issues though - I wouldn’t mind trying the IgnoreABI option, but as the fix is for Nvidia not AMD, I’m not sure how this should be added (30-amd-ignoreabi.conf - at a complete guess?).

Someone who was generous enough to reply to my original post suggested moving over to Wayland. Happy to try that too, but thought I might enquire here first as I’m pretty sure it is related to this update.

Appreciate any help in advance.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Megasync-nopdfium: could not satisfy dependencies

Thanks to Manjaro Team for the stable updates. :slightly_smiling_face:

About the preview ISO version, can it be compared to a Beta version or not ? As it contains the last stable packages, I guess I can install it like I can do with the Manjaro 21.1.6 version, isn’t it ? I mean by that I can make a new installation on a computer without ‘risks’.

When installing Manjaro, installing with btrfs wouldn’t work but would with ext4. I would be sent to emergency mode with btrfs.

1 Like

If you want to go that route, then you can just as well install a normal Manjaro and switch branches…

Same here, went back to 21.1.6 and upgraded to qonos that worked.

1 Like
1 Like

I will test the preview ISO to see how it works. If I have problems with it, I will use the Manjaro 21.1.6 version and then updates to qonos. I don’t need btrfs as I use Ext4.

@maycne.sonahoz : I know that but here I want to make a new installation on another computer. :wink:
As Manjaro 21.2pre1 have all the last packages, I install it directly for a new installation.

Hi there,
thanks for this massive update!

Since the update I receive the error message
/user.slice/user-1000.slice/session-1.scope is not a snap cgroup
upon trying to start any snap application. All snaps are uptodate.
Any hints on how I can resolve this?

Hi, I use Openbox, just want to report that after the update ob-autostart stopped working:

ERROR : All required python dependencies were not found!

Editing the script to show more detail revealed this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./test.py", line 16, in <module>
    import gtk
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/gtk-2.0/gtk/__init__.py", line 30, in <module>
    import gobject as _gobject
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/gobject/__init__.py", line 47, in <module>
    from gobject.constants import *
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/gobject/constants.py", line 24, in <module>
    import gobject._gobject
ImportError: libffi.so.7: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I checked https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/openbox#GUI_configuration, seems like ob-autostart was removed from the AUR

Edit:
installing libffi7 from AUR fixed the problem:

• https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/libffi7/

Now that the posting has calmed down I’ll take the chance to say thank you to all the Manjaro developers for this stable update.

Brilliant work and I appreciate that you took the time needed to make sure the update would be troublefree for as many people as possible.

1 Like

On xfce
I got asked to replace xdg-desktop-portal-gtk by xdg-desktop-portal-gnome.
Any ideas why?
I declined - no issues so far.

2 Likes

hypnotix / kodi wasn’t able to start. The reason is that after updating the package “python-text-unidecode” is missing. you can install it with pamac and afterwards it will work.

I noticed 2 issues :

First, as mentionned by @anemr, if you have an old laptop, with an old nvidia discrete GPU and you are using Bumblebee, the workaround put in place for making the 390 driver work with this update won’t work out of the box, because it’s placed in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d instead of /etc/bumblebee/xorg.conf.d/.

The following command and a reboot seems to be working ( + maybe check with systemctl if bumblebeed is working ok)

sudo cp /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/30-nvidia-ignoreabi.conf /etc/bumblebee/xorg.conf.d/

The second issue is strange, some custom icons in Gnome app drawer and in the doc (and probably in other places too …) have disappeared for several themes, including papirus and papirus maia … Adwaita is working fine though

Thanks for the update, and, as a manjaro user stuck with an old nvidia GPU, thanks for the effort of supporting our old graphic cards as long as possible.

1 Like

The good news for me is that I put the 5.15x kernel I installed last night into suspend mode before retiring for bed. Resumed from sleep this morning without issue. I may have to keep this one!!! I am running the Nourveau driver, btw. Not Nvidia.

2 Likes

Running the new nvidia properitary drivers with x11

after suspending and waking it up again, svg images get corrupted.

for e.g.