[Stable Update] 2021-10-16 - Haskell, Python, KDE Gear, KDE Framework, Thunderbird

https://www.cpu-world.com/news_2015/2015100301_Intel_to_enable_Software_Guard_Extensions_on_Skylake_processors.html

The message you’re getting, SGX disabled by BIOS, indicates SGX is supported on your system. Is this condition causing a problem or are you just curious about the message ?

I’m just curious about it. I just want to know if this could lead to a security problem.

Hm, why your favorite search engine fails to show you that on whole Internet?
Consider try a better than yours: kernel x86 cpu SGX disabled by BIOS at DuckDuckGo shows the Kernel reports 2 intel module error messages on every boot / Kernel & Hardware / Arch Linux Forums as first item. Or that was not enough?

I had a scary Nvidia GPU issue on my system since updating, I think I should share it here.

This seems to be a genuine KDE problem.

https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=439332

Another bug concerning ghost windows has been recently fixed.

https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=438552

Other Manjaro users mention possible workarounds for a similar behavior here

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Failed to install bootloader

that something crashes is always possible, but i’m concerned because even a crashed instance should have a pid and there is no if i search vor with ‘ps -ax’. that’s a serious problem in my mind. every instance should have a pid nevertheless if it’s working or stuck.

Not sure, how you define ‘crash’. For me, if an app crashes, it aborts and stops. In that case, there is no process anymore and hence no pid. There still might be some graphical remnants displayed on the screen/desktop, but this is only due to a bug in the window manager and does not imply, that the app, or parts of it are still running.
There are other situations where an app encounters a (serious) error, which is somehow handled by the app. In that case the app is still running, i.e. it’s NOT crashed. It might, however, be unresponsive, but you will be able to find a pid for it.

1 Like

If set “Icon View” in System Settings, then there are two “Global Theme” in Appearance:

:point_up_2: I can confirm this. :point_up:

Current info:

KDE Plasma Version: 5.22.5
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.87.0
Qt Version: 5.15.2
Kernel Version: 5.14.10-1-MANJARO (64-bit)
Graphics Platform: X11

Sometimes if a couple users sees that, it is not means that all does: it is the case :slight_smile:

Operating System: Manjaro Linux
KDE Plasma Version: 5.23.1
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.87.0
Qt Version: 5.15.2
Kernel Version: 5.15.0-1-MANJARO (64-bit)
Graphics Platform: X11

I even restarted a system setting window after change to icon view.
Global theme: Breeze Dark.

winnie you are so advanced and you are not in the unstable branch? unstable got 5.23.1 a long time ago.

Could be some 5.22-specific issue though… Let me check

UPD: I can confirm this as well. Not sure if it’s our or KDE bug…

@LordTermor post your Info Centre info please also

Do I need still? It’s upstream bug that’s fixed in 5.23.

https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=438362

4 Likes

Latte dock 0.10.3 is released. Can we have that one in the stable branch soon ?

Thanks.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure you’ve been around long enough to know how things work. :wink:

3 Likes

Well, I see that Latte dock 0.13.3 is in the testing branch. No problem, I will waiting that it be available in the next stable branch. :wink:

After update soundcard is not detected. Bluetooth audio works fine but no onboard devices, neither speaker nor mic.
I tried to switch to pipe wire but this made no difference.
Installing sof-firmware brought audio back but audio control keys are not working; speaker mute, mic mute, volume up, volume down.
I suspect this is kde related but I don’t know which package(s) to downgrade.

EDIT: So above was all done late last night, or rather early this morning. Testing now after after a few hour of sleep it is all working. The solution is to install sof-firmware

2 Likes

AltGr +shift + z(or x) does not show less than and greater than symbols anymore.

I am using gnome 40 Wayland sesion and a spanish keyboard with Spanish layout (Spain) 3 weeks ago, before the update the symbols < and > use to work just fine but after the update there changed to the “smaller” versions used for quotes ‹ and ›

Haven’t been able to fix this. Any suggestions?

edit: My keyboard cannot write < > with AltGr+shift+z/x

I have errors like these at logout, that weren’t there before. Typically ‘ICE default’, ‘sddm-helper crashed’, then optionally some more services ‘failed with exit-code’, then ‘QProcess destroyed while sddm-helper still running’. Don’t seem to affect anything on practice (for now?), but still something to take note of.

Nov 08 11:53:43 hostname org.kde.LogoutPrompt[1591]: Xlib:  extension "NV-GLX" missing on display ":0".
Nov 08 11:53:54 hostname org.kde.kdeconnect[1602]: ICE default IO error handler doing an exit(), pid = 1602, errno = 11
Nov 08 11:53:54 hostname sddm[699]: Authentication error: "Process crashed"
Nov 08 11:53:54 hostname sddm[699]: Auth: sddm-helper crashed (exit code 15)
Nov 08 11:53:54 hostname sddm[699]: Authentication error: "Process crashed"
Nov 08 11:53:54 hostname sddm[699]: Auth: sddm-helper exited with 15
Nov 08 11:53:54 hostname systemd[1024]: openrazer-daemon.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Nov 08 11:53:54 hostname systemd[1024]: obex.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Nov 08 11:53:55 hostname sddm[699]: Signal received: SIGTERM
Nov 08 11:53:56 hostname sddm[699]: QProcess: Destroyed while process ("/usr/lib/sddm/sddm-helper") is still running.