[Stable Update] 2021-10-08 - Kernels, Mesa, Browsers, Python, UKUI, PHP, Thunderbird, Pipewire

3 posts were split to a new topic: Shotcut scrolling doesn’t work after last update

Following the information the 2nd link provided (or this one), the fix in 2.4.50 was insufficient, so it is still affected. Or may be affected, due it depends on the content of /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf (require all denied for server-root).

After this update Firefox 93.0 could not open bookmark subfolders inside the main folders and FF crushed, but opened a crush report window. Interesting was to note, that the same FF 93.0 did not have this phenomena in my Ubuntu 20.04, Win10 or Android (FF 93.1.0), i.e. no problems with opening of bookmark subfolders. I reported about all this to FF in detail. My interim solution was to download flatpak FF 93.0.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Unable to login in remotely using ssh using rsa keys after last update

Apparently that’s why 2.4.51 popped out so fast. It’s now available via the Manjaro unstable branch.

2 Likes

I also have a MS HD-3000, and usually leave it disconnected until I need it.

Seeing your issue, I plugged mine in, and found it behaving normally. The light lit while it was being sensed/negotiated, and then turned off until I launched Jami (conf call client) and went into its config which lit the camera and showed me a video preview. Once I existed the config/Jami, the light went out.

Makes me wonder if you might have a startup launching app that is triggering the camera.

In case it denotes a useful difference, I’ve been on the 5.13.x kernels ever since they were available, and just swapped to the 5.14.10 Kernel with this update.

Hi there. Nice work to all the devs :smiley:. Keep it up!

Moderator edit: Off topic content removed. You already have a topic open.

A post was split to a new topic: I’m starting to experience small “freezes”/delays

A post was merged into an existing topic: Unable to access my remote git repository using ssh

10 posts were split to a new topic: TLP downgrade after last update

A post was merged into an existing topic: TLP downgrade after last update

Sound card not recognized and no sound with Baytrail rt5640 (bytcr-rt5640) with SOF.
SOF-firmware version 1.8-1 (stable branch). Is the 1.9-1 version solve the issue with Baytrail hardware ?

Mutter 40.5 version (Manjaro) doesn’t resolve regression with auto screen rotation with wayland. Need to use Mutter-git to solve the problem. :slightly_frowning_face:

See it and it.

Can Manjaro Team make a new update version of Mutter with the fix available in the links ?

Thanks.

Manjaro changes my firefox “homepage and new windows”. This has happened to me twice and is very annoying

Using openbox with KDE fails to launch plasmashell

Hi guys,

I had this configuration working on Manjaro for years.

Then after the last update I get:

> kquitapp5 plasmashell && kstart5 plasmashell   

"Application plasmashell could not be found using service org.kde.plasmashell and path /MainApplication."

plasmashell --replace & 

~> kf.plasma.quick: Applet preload policy set to 1                                                            trying to show an empty dialog 
file:///usr/share/plasma/shells/org.kde.plasma.desktop/contents/views/Desktop.qml:146:19: QML Loader: Binding loop detected for proper ty "height" 
file:///usr/share/plasma/shells/org.kde.plasma.desktop/contents/views/Desktop.qml:146:19: QML Loader: Binding loop detected for proper ty "height" Failed to determine whether virtual desktop navigation wrapping is enabled:  
"The name org.kde.KWin was not provided by any .service files" Plasma Shell startup completed

Any idea what could be wrong?

A post was split to a new topic: Inxi error: Use of uninitialized value $split[10] in pattern match (m//) at /usr/bin/inxi line 25175

Pamac with suggestions in the search are very very slow. Go back to original state, please!!!

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: KDE file picked different from Dolphin

if we can disable autocomplete in pamac that would be great

2 Likes

Nobody has a missing kde taskbar (and no plasma desktop on htop) when using openbox as WM?
Where else can I ask this question?