[Stable Update] 2021-09-24 - Kernels, LibreOffice, Browsers, Pipewire, RHVoice, KDE Frameworks, Mesa

It seems to be an error in the header of the post:

Current stable Nvidia driver wasn’t updated because of GSync bug. Correct me if I am not right

2 Likes

Good catch, edited.

3 Likes

The vertex-maia icons seem to have broken in (xfce) this latest update. I’ve had to swap to the papirus ones which i’m absolutely not a fan of.

Whats the default manjaro XFCE theming nowadays?

The notes app icon is broken too. (In every icon theme) <–This was fixed with a reboot.

3 Likes

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Update breaks dependencies

Maybe this isn’t the biggest error in the world, but when I open Discord I will get open the “canary” version (yes, i had both installed, just in case if one of the two broke and have to change it quickly to a stable version). I solved this problem removing the “canary” version.
Again, maybe not the biggest issue, but an issue after all I think. If you think this is worthless and have to remove it I don’t have any problem

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Question about kernel updates

After the Update brave browser stopped working and its not opening…
when i tried to start with terminal this is the op

/usr/bin/brave: line 27:  9133 Segmentation fault      (core dumped) /usr/lib/brave/brave "$@" $SANDBOX_FLAG $PEPPER_FLASH_FLAG $USER_FLAGS

[Solution]Actually re-installing the brave browser fixed it

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Update breaks dependencies

Same here.
XFCE with vertex-maia: Desktop Background gone, several icons only monochrome-colored.
Anyone has advice for a similar plain, not clunky icon theme?

Edit: for now I replaced vertex-maia with the arc icon theme

Boot/sddm problem when I went to reboot after update my hard drive with the os completely disappeared had to do a hard reset to put my mother board in safe mode “ASUS mother board”, then do a reset to recover system. FIX I reinstalled sddm, sudo pacman -S sddm and so far so good hope this helps. This only worked for a few reboots. I am trying something else that is working for now, but will wait to post it as a fix to make sure

AUR packages may need to be rebuilt after an update.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: [Stable Update] 2021-09-24: no more graphical login

A post was split to a new topic: Converted to personal message

A post was split to a new topic: System dead after last update

A post was split to a new topic: KDE Titlebar buttons missing after last update

5 posts were split to a new topic: Black screen on Kernel 5.13 EOL

3 posts were split to a new topic: Which modules can be removed after an update?

Some vertex Maia icons have been lost. Also, fonts turned to boxes during the update. After the reboot, the writing was legible again.

2 Likes